WWII U.S. Armored Division; Tankers & Dogfaces (1 Viewer)

US Armored Infantrymen #25192, #25194, #25196, and #25198. Great figures with nice detailing.

Mike

2nd Squad, 1st Platoon, A Company
27th Infantry Battalion, 9th Armored Division

PXL_20240408_150633890~2_o2WFbF1T1o.jpeg

PXL_20240408_151219570~2_5PImu1h32P.jpeg

PXL_20240408_152121016~2_n7iRgYSd7Z.jpeg

PXL_20240408_152622845~3_D0vjPEJd4C.jpeg

Mike-

I see you get the same "ValPak" junk mail I get here in Pennsylvania! {sm4} Great looking scenes my friend- you are a one man WB Advertisising wrecking crew! My wife and I went to see a WW2 vet speak last Thursday night and he swore by the M2 "grease" gun. I was never much of a fan but I'd take his word over mine . I showed my wife that same WB Figure to show her what the Grease Gun looks like- I know they must have been pretty reliable as tank crews were still using them up till 9/11 as far as I am aware.

Fantastic looking displays my friend!

Finished this framed display base this morning. Scenics used were: WB Maple Tree, H&A Damaged Stone Stucco Wall and Backdrop, a blend of Woodland Scenics Turf/Soil/Foliage, and a variety of JG Miniatures grass tuffs. Last picture includes WB "Lucky 13" Halftrack and 3 WB GI's/Dogfaces in raincoats.

Mike

It started with it being a great Dio, and it just keeps getting better.. and your right the detail in the miniatures are awesome.

It started with it being a great Dio, and it just keeps getting better.. and your right the detail in the miniatures are awesome.

Once again Spartan, thank you for your positive feedback . . . Stay tuned, more to come

Mike

Mike-

I see you get the same "ValPak" junk mail I get here in Pennsylvania! {sm4} Great looking scenes my friend- you are a one man WB Advertisising wrecking crew! My wife and I went to see a WW2 vet speak last Thursday night and he swore by the M2 "grease" gun. I was never much of a fan but I'd take his word over mine . I showed my wife that same WB Figure to show her what the Grease Gun looks like- I know they must have been pretty reliable as tank crews were still using them up till 9/11 as far as I am aware.

Fantastic looking displays my friend!

Thank you very kindly Chris. From the research I have done on the typical 12-man Armored Infantrymen Rifle
Squad, the Halftrack driver was also issued an M2 "Grease Gun". It apparently was a very easy and cheap weapon to produce and was very reliable. The remaining 11 squad members carried the M1 rifle. When they could, the squad would beef up their fire power with a BAR.

Mike

Great scene Mike! Glad to see more setups with the M18 from other collectors. I think my favorite part of the pic is how you have the “hoodie guy” crewman standing kind of separate from the group looking like he’s up to no good, lol!

Great scene Mike! Glad to see more setups with the M18 from other collectors. I think my favorite part of the pic is how you have the “hoodie guy” crewman standing kind of separate from the group looking like he’s up to no good, lol!
Thank you very much Tristan. The "hoodie guy" just hasn't had his morning coffee yet. Something I'm doing as I post this.

Mike

Brilliant stuff mike they all are exceptional, really enjoy when members share their collections no matter the skills they have thanks for sharing with us mate.
When is the HELLCAT arriving mine is winging its way from the US as I type.

Brilliant stuff mike they all are exceptional, really enjoy when members share their collections no matter the skills they have thanks for sharing with us mate.
When is the HELLCAT arriving mine is winging its way from the US as I type.
Thanks Wayne, much appreciated. You will really like yours once it gets delivered.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back