Your 1st car..model, make year (3 Viewers)

sammy719

Major
Someone posted this question on Facebook and had a lot of laughs with it!!!

My 1st car was a puke brown 74 Dodge Dart Swinger!!!!! couldn't have gotten any uglier a design if they'd tried, loved pulling into the High school parking lot in the mid 80's in that baby!!! but it became a good dependable party ride, put in a great stereo, drove like a tank, many a fun night was had in the ol gal.

My first car (that I owned) was a new 1973 Plymouth Duster. My parents gave me 2/3rds of the purchase price ($2,800) for college graduation and I paid the rest.

1967 SEDAN DEVILLE ,
nice car to put 12 teenagers in.

!968 Chevrolet Camaro convertible in British Racing Green and a 327. Not fancy, no A/C, but easy to work on and keep running. Had it till '79. -- Al

First vehicle was a ‘69 Honda 350:

1969-honda-cb-350-cafe-racer-street-tracker-1.JPG

Had to promise my mom that I’d wear the helmet she bought me!

-Moe

First car was an 88 Jeep Cherokee.
First car I bought was a Toyota 4-runner. 1995 I think

A 1969 Mercedes 200D.
A rather slow car, but most comfortable.
Paid 1,000.00 Deutsche Mark for it.
The Stereo Equipment (Blaupunkt) I put in, was around 3,400.00 Deutsche Mark.
Man, oh Man, it was a Concert Hall on wheels, no kidding.
And the music back then was very much worth it to be played loud :wink2:
Drove it a bit more than two years.
Best driving fun I ever had. After that, any other car was just a vehicle to get from here to there ^&grin

Konrad

You guys had some pretty nice cars. I had a 1960 something Belair. It kind of looked like an Impala. Trunk was huge and you could lie down in the back seat. My nicest car was a 1969 Alfa Romeo duetto boat tail convertible. I loved that car, but sold it once I had kids.

Mine was a Four door Chrysler Valiant VJ Ranger built in Adelaide South Australia in 1973, had a 245 ci (4.0 Litre) Six cylinder Hemi engine with a Three speed manual shift on the steering column. A lot of car for a 16 year old High School kid, no fancy stuff like Air conditioning, or Power steering, just an AM radio ha ha.

I don't have any photos of the old girl, but here's a video of a restored vehicle with cool Black paint and mag wheels, sadly mine was Beige with a Brown interior and factory steel wheels lol.

1972 VW BEETLE .... turquoise with a white stripe :)

Sorry no picture of mine, but I was thrilled to see a similar model and colour in the German History Museum in berlin this year.

VW Berlin.jpg

John

My first set of wheels Sam was a 1980 Toyota Corolla very similar to the pic below that I got off the net. It wasn't a chick magnet but it was reliable, cheap on fuel and got me from A to B.

Tom

Attachments

• 1980 Toyota Corolla.jpg
    1980 Toyota Corolla.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 137
First car was a 1972 MGB, It was beauty when it wasn't in the shop for a repairs....I thought it would be a "chick magnet. It didn't work, but my driving sure scared them.

I guess i had a little growing up to do. My next car was "Honda Prelude".

Carlos

download.jpg

My first car was a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 315 motor, white with black interior like the Challenger from the movie Vanishing Point, it was a high school graduation present from my parents.

First car I bought was a 1980 Camaro Z28, black with tan interior, 350 motor, loved that car, wish I still had it.

My first car in 1967 was a 1961 Corvette with a 1964 Fuel Injected Motor. A perfect car since it needed
everything, and I spent every free moment fixing it and getting it to run properly. I don’t know that I ever really succeeded but It fostered my love for performance cars which I enjoy to this day.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back