Zach's Collection (1 Viewer)

2017-02-17%2023.09.34-XL.jpg

2017-02-17%2023.09.48-XL.jpg

2017-02-17%2023.11.45-XL.jpg

2017-02-17%2023.12.34-XL.jpg

2017-02-17%2023.12.42-XL.jpg

Congratulations on finding the coach, Zach!

I first saw that subject on Jim Hillestad's tables at our show, back around 2000 or so. I had seen the Russian figures enter our market in the wake of the fall of the Soviet Union, starting with figures Russian tourists sold at flea markets here, but this piece was an absolute stunner, for the sheer amount of work that goes into it. It doesn't cease to impress deeply, either. I can't think of any other piece from the Russian studios that matches it.

Prost!
Brad

you should have seen me opening this thing. easily took 20 mins to undo all the packaging. I was so nervous about shipping from Russia, but really had no other options. Amazingly, there is no damage at all to the thing!

As I said in the Russian thread, simply freakin' amazing. Without a doubt the best thing I've ever seen in this Hobby ^&cool ^&cool

Is it from AeroArt?

Sineus Studios made it for Aeroart. This one is direct from Sineus, so technically, no, not aeroart, but made by the same people. the stock piece was a four horse version. Aeroart had both four and six....I figured why stop at four and had them add the two additional horses!

Looking at all of these photos again, of the miniature and the full-sized carriage, I remember that what struck me the most was the artwork on the panels, how fine the detailing is.

Prost!
Brad

Yes, that's what caught my attention when I first saw the photos.

I looked at their website. They have some interesting and lovely pieces.

This set is SO GOOD, it looked just like the 'real thing' :) :)

I don't think anything else I have ever seen could come anywhere near its workmanship, artistry and sheer 'WOW' factor !!!

I'd love to see it in a parade diorama, or with street liner guards ...

Well Done !!!!

John

I have a standard bearer of Catherine the great. I put it next to it, but the base is different and colors are off so I thought it looked weird. I am tempted to collect some of the Russian band figures (I have a few) to put with it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back