Zouaves (1 Viewer)

Well, when the Zouaves come back from the Zulu campaign, I will be thrilled to add them to my display case. They are at the top of my CW wish list for 2009!!

I would guess a size is around B.O.S.S. to S.O.S. Even if they are 60mm they fit in fine you can look at UKReb's photos and I have used the S.O.S. with my painted Conte plastic civil war guys and they just bring more action to them.

K.V. if you plan on buying them post some pics, I really want to see these guys in action,

Vick

The ones in the brochures were beautiful. Rocco did the painting of the zouaves and the figures were based on it. No one has heard anything from Conte though.:eek:

Ron

Got an awful gut feel that the war will be long over before me, you and Vamp can recruit these guys within our ranks.

Reb

I guess we will just have to sit here and whistle DIXIE while we wait ! :rolleyes:

I for one will be really annoyed if you WBTS/ACW guys get your ZOuave before we get our Zulu stuff. That has been promised for over 18 months now.

I for one will be really annoyed if you WBTS/ACW guys get your ZOuave before we get our Zulu stuff. That has been promised for over 18 months now.

Damian taking bets we'll see the ZW figures first but I've been known to be wrong in the past. Like the plastic Spartan's they'll be well worth the wait. I know I'm going to get some flak on this........The Lt.

Damian taking bets we'll see the ZW figures first but I've been known to be wrong in the past. Like the plastic Spartan's they'll be well worth the wait. I know I'm going to get some flak on this........The Lt.

Joe
Conte has always been well worth the wait.

They seem to be almost done clearing their Nevada inventory on Ebay; I picked up many Roman / Barbarians for a song. There is some interesting and cheap WWII and ACW stuff still on the block as well. Maybe that means they will get back to production.

They seem to be almost done clearing their Nevada inventory on Ebay; I picked up many Roman / Barbarians for a song. There is some interesting and cheap WWII and ACW stuff still on the block as well. Maybe that means they will get back to production.

Can you hum a few bars of that song?

Went looking at the Conte site. The pictures of the figures are breathtaking.
http://conteco.com/ZouaveAnnouncement1.htm

Bill

Maybe all this selling off of old product and starting up anew is a complete sham and they ain't ever coming back into production of any new lines-I just get a gut feeling something's not quite right-Ever thought all this give-away was a guy's last spin of the coin before selling up????

No updates-no info-no nothing- once again the customer is the last item on Richard Conte's list of priorities, at least he's consistent. And afterall how long does it take a company to shut one warehouse and open another??. Hell they were apparently preparing to move when I was in Vegas in October 2007

If it wasn't for the excellence of the majority of their figures I for one and I'm sure a few other collectors would have been long gone!

Reb

Bill

Maybe all this selling off of old product and starting up anew is a complete sham and they ain't ever coming back into production of any new lines-I just get a gut feeling something's not quite right-Ever thought all this give-away was a guy's last spin of the coin before selling up????

No updates-no info-no nothing- once again the customer is the last item on Richard Conte's list of priorities, at least he's consistent. And afterall how long does it take a company to shut one warehouse and open another??. Hell they were apparently preparing to move when I was in Vegas in October 2007

If it wasn't for the excellence of the majority of their figures I for one and I'm sure a few other collectors would have been long gone!

Reb

I must concur with the learned Reb on this one. I really am wondering about Conte? My brother in Toronto has a Roman Galley for me we just need to figure out how to get it to the rainsoaked and sleepy Natal midlands. I do fear a bit for Conte though because those Zulu figures looked really cool. They did need a generic guy reading a map and crawling guy figure though

Bill

Reb

I'm in agreement with Reb and Damian.
There's been next to nothing on the site for months. I'm wondering if this is a wind down.

I suppose (and hopefully), RC could be taking a listen to some of the criticsim levelled at Conte over the years, about previews and announcements posted years before the actual release date. Maybe he's just keeping stum until figures and sets are nearer completion. I hope that this is the case. I still need 10000 Persian Immortals in plastic.

Simon

...... Maybe he's just keeping stum until figures and sets are nearer completion. I hope that this is the case. I still need 10000 Persian Immortals in plastic.
I certainly hope so too Simon; I am in the same boat.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back