ZULU WAR British Gun and Limber Team at ModelZone (2 Viewers)

Thanks Guys, but that was not the sort of HELP I was after! :rolleyes2: ^&grin

Jeff

What do you mean, I'm on your side :wink2: ^&grin .

Now if you are after the early WB Zulu sets there might be a small problem {eek3}....but I'll do what I can to help :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

What do you mean, I'm on your side :wink2: ^&grin .

Now if you are after the early WB Zulu sets there might be a small problem {eek3}....but I'll do what I can to help :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

Martyn, I'm just going for some of the artillery sets (new and older) for a small display I have in mind. This gun and limber team will be centre stage.

Jeff

I am looking forward to seeing the set in person on September 8; in Toronto, Canada at the OMSS show! Now if we could only get some calvary for recon or maybe the command wagon seen in Zulu Dawn than my diorama life would be complete................

Anyone know if the release has been pushed from September to October for sure?

Thanks.

Anyone know if the release has been pushed from September to October for sure?

Thanks.

Britain's site is still showing the gun limber available Sept, so hoping the stores will have them early October. Part of me wants it today, but the other part appreciates more time to find the money for this big purchase, so if it was delayed I would have mixed feelings. Cheers, Robin.

Moved to October which is good for those struggling to find the funds. Understand the base is being strengthened making a solid piece to look forward to. Cheers, Robin.

Father Christmas is bringing mine so they could hold of till then as it will be in the house and I won't be able to play with it !! :(

The temptation will be too much !!

I saw the limber set at Magpie in the UK at the weekend and the Britain's chap told me November also, for the same reason that Richard gave you guys in the USA so this all sounds accurate. It is a stunning piece for sure on is on my list!

Well it sounds like by the time it gallops into the stores and on to the lucky collectors, it will position itself under the Christmas tree just in time. I may keep it under wraps for that special day, sick of getting jocks, socks & hankies. So Richard do not feel any pressure on making this a great day for me. Cheers, Robin.

Guys - FYI - we have decided to leave the gun separate and not on an extended base as pictured in the catalog. Long story short there were some issues with the extended base at the back/overall length of the base to weight ratio which meant damage. So the gun will not rest on the base. This will mean a slight 3-4mm difference in height between the limber and gun - which folks in Toronto and UK did not seem to have an issue with, same treatment we did for the WWI limber.

Be good,

Richard

I will still be getting one but it is a bit of a let down I must say. As you know I am a huge fan of Britains and I would have voiced my displeasure had I been able to attend a show (although I have mentioned I dislike it here in the forum) IMO it just looks like you couldn't be bothered and just left it half done. Sorry to moan but this set is not cheap and it deserves to be done right!! even a separate base to slide under it when we get it home would be a vast improvement.

Too late to do anything about it at this late stage but I am sure it could have been avoided. :mad:

Last edited:
I will still be getting one but it is a bit of a let down I must say. As you know I am a huge fan of Britains and I would have voiced my displeasure had I been able to attend a show (although I have mentioned I dislike it here in the forum) IMO it just looks like you couldn't be bothered and just left it half done. Sorry to moan but this set is not cheap and it deserves to be done right!! even a separate base to slide under it when we get it home would be a vast improvement. Too late to do anything about it at this late stage but I am sure it could have been avoided. :mad:

I agree 110% Scott. I sent a mail to Richard this afternoon suggesting just that :wink2:

I wish it could have been made along the lines of the ACW set

ACW.jpg

or even the WW1 set

WW1-1.jpg

The AZW base looks very thick compared to the other two sets, must say I have been really looking forward to getting this set but....

Cheers

Martyn

I agree, let down, at the very least the gun on a separate base dove tailing into the back of the set, but as the main aspect of the set is the rescue of the gun, it needs to be part of the set and not an add on. Perhaps reduce the horses to 4 to solve the problem. Cheers, Robin.

I agree 110% Scott. I sent a mail to Richard this afternoon suggesting just that :wink2:

I wish it could have been made along the lines of the ACW set

ACW.jpg

or even the WW1 set

WW1-1.jpg

The AZW base looks very thick compared to the other two sets, must say I have been really looking forward to getting this set but....

Cheers

Martyn

Well, a lot of people clamoured for the AZW limber set and now it's almost here. Opinion isn't exactly polarised but it does seem to be going from genuinely excited to lukewarm. I had the same reservations when I bought the WW1 piece but I do so love it. The trouble is WB haven't really learned from the same problems encountered then plus the WW1 piece was half the price in a slightly more prosperous time for most.

I was at the toronto show and it seems unfinished for a $700 price tag. It looks like the gun is an afterthought..... I have one on preorder....

I was at the toronto show and it seems unfinished for a $700 price tag. It looks like the gun is an afterthought..... I have one on preorder....

We have been looking at adding another small base under the gun, I'll keep you posted. In addition to technical issues, the gun was left off the base for those that asked for it that way so they could display it without the gun - accounts reference at least one limber leaving before they could hitch up the gun. I try pretty hard to keep you in the loop and also believe I am responsive - taking into account many competing ideas, and then I work to make something that looks great, is excellent value and arrives in one piece, all within the time frame, budget and time constraints of an in house development staff of 1 - me.

And as always, I sincerely appreciate constructive criticism and ideas.

Richard

We have been looking at adding another small base under the gun, I'll keep you posted. In addition to technical issues, the gun was left off the base for those that asked for it that way so they could display it without the gun - accounts reference at least one limber leaving before they could hitch up the gun. I try pretty hard to keep you in the loop and also believe I am responsive - taking into account many competing ideas, and then I work to make something that looks great, is excellent value and arrives in one piece, all within the time frame, budget and time constraints of an in house development staff of 1 - me.

And as always, I sincerely appreciate constructive criticism and ideas.

Richard

Sounds like a good solution. I'm not ordering the piece, no space, but think many would like the option as long as the extra base will match the rest of the fig. Chris

First of all I appreciate Richard keeping us in the loop. It is not lost on me (and others) that Richard recently attended a relatively small toy convention to give Cdn collectors a chance to view the new products with the Chicago show almost upon us. I agree this idea seems like a good solution (compromise) to me and it shows Britains is listening to their buyers..... Creating a small extra base for those who want to keep the gun as part of the set which would not impact those who would like to do the other historical artillery team and include just the limber on the existing base. The idea of individual bases should be considered for future releases but likely will not be a alternative for this product release....

Hi Guys - solution attached.

Attachments

• Zulu Base.jpg
    Zulu Base.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 177

Users who are viewing this thread

Back