Zululand South Africa (2 Viewers)

thebritfarmer

Well I just made a start on my first diorama. Waiting to see what comes for Christmas before I progress. This was a piece of packing material from work. Figured I would play around with it as it was free :D I am thinking of applying some white glue and then sprinkling with brown and green ground cover and add a few rocks. The flat piece at the front I am going to turn into a river (using Mike's technique)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Enjoy, comments and suggestions welcomed.

Scott,
You go boy! One piece of advice on the pink polyethelyne open-cell foam- Coat the living @#$% out of it with Elmer's (white PVA) glue and let it sit. This closes/seals the cells so you don't have to put a gallon of paint on it! I know you're with the family, so Merry Merry!
Mike

Scott

I shall look forward to the finished article.

Have a Very Merry Christmas

Cheers

Martyn:)

PS Just over 12hrs to present opening time here in the UK:D

Scott

I shall look forward to the finished article.

Have a Very Merry Christmas

Cheers

PS Just over 12hrs to present opening time here in the UK:D

It wouldn't surprise me if the packages haven't already been open at this time Martyn or shortly after this has been posted. Good morning and Merry Christmas......The Lt.

I look forward to seeing the finished project and your progress.

Merry Christmas,
Brian

Making dioramas for my figures is starting to be my favorite part of the hobby. Great looking start. Looking forward to seeing more progress pictures and the final product. Good show!

Mike

Next step, I have covered everything with a whiteglue/water mix and covered with toilet paper. When this is dry I will base coat everything tan and the water will get a coat of blue.

picture.php

picture.php

I am just experimenting at the moment and so far it has cost me about $2.00 so nothing really wasted if it doesn't turn out.

Thanks for looking :)

Scott

Scott,
It WILL come out great! Isn't it fun to create things that tax creativity, not the wallet? On board for more...
Mike

Scott
This will look great when finished, I just know it.

Looking forward to the end result

Cheers

Looking good mate. Touch of green here and there, and you'll be laughing.(If you can find any that is).;)

Simon

Just bought this little kit today in a craft store. Made by woodland scenics. Going to give it a try and see what happens.

picture.php

The goodies contained within :D :D :D :D

picture.php

Just bought this little kit today in a craft store. Made by woodland scenics. Going to give it a try and see what happens.

picture.php

The goodies contained within :D :D :D :D

picture.php

Well it's mainly the right colour to start with so should be good! :D

Jeff

Here is the finished piece

picture.php

picture.php

I am not sure, I think I added a little too much scenery? What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back