“And now for something completely different…..” (1 Viewer)

Hi Joe, I'm not too up on the Barbarossa era, more the Stalingrad era for me. The very last units I'm aware of that had them are the 8th PD & the Romanian 1st PD. The 12th, 19th & 20th probably had them into 1943 too as the AG North/Center units were slowly modernizing in second half '42. The 22nd had just modernized before the Soviet Stalingrad counterattack & was in perfect position to blunt it, but panzers don't work without fuel. It's partner div in that route was the Romanian 1st which got obliterated. The 6th, & 7th iirc were in France & had just finished modernizing. I think the 7th helped take over Vichy.

I am surprised we've never seen a Marder 38t model '42 from any manufacturer in all these years given DAK is so popular. I thought they would have been eaten up.

Hi Joe, I'm not too up on the Barbarossa era, more the Stalingrad era for me. The very last units I'm aware of that had them are the 8th PD & the Romanian 1st PD. The 12th, 19th & 20th probably had them into 1943 too as the AG North/Center units were slowly modernizing in second half '42. The 22nd had just modernized before the Soviet Stalingrad counterattack & was in perfect position to blunt it, but panzers don't work without fuel. It's partner div in that route was the Romanian 1st which got obliterated. The 6th, & 7th iirc were in France & had just finished modernizing. I think the 7th helped take over Vichy.

I am surprised we've never seen a Marder 38t model '42 from any manufacturer in all these years given DAK is so popular. I thought they would have been eaten up.

Blowtorch ,

That's the direction i am hoping K&C goes in...To start making the AFV's that have not gotten any face-time so to say...Andy, showed us his willingness to go where nobody has gone before that is by producing a 38t...Given it's historical significance how can nobody else have ever made one ?!! So , i am thinking the pendelum is swinging the other way now...Meaning to start seeing AFV's we have never had in our collection's...I would like to see K&C do a Pzkpfw III in grey , 35t , another Pzkpfw II &/or I...Like you have mentioned a Marder , & if K&C can produce a Sturmtiger for Mitch , i think that would be a very exciting production run of AFV's to make alot of people happy...For now i am thrilled to be getting a 38t from K&C !!

Joe

I'm wondering that with the interior detailing, the Marder concept may be dead on arrival

K&C have done a few open top AFV's the Hummel, Grille spring to mind so, I don't think interior detailing may be an issue. I think perceived popularity may be more important and if they believe they will sell I think they will more than likely be done
Mitch

I'm wondering that with the interior detailing, the Marder concept may be dead on arrival

K&C have done a few open top AFV's the Hummel, Grille spring to mind so, I don't think interior detailing may be an issue. I think perceived popularity may be more important and if they believe they will sell I think they will more than likely be done
Mitch

True, but I was thinking of Andy's recent comments concerning the new economy, the 88 for example.

Mitch

Those were done a long time ago. But there are very recent open top AFVs that K&C has done. The Sd.Kfz. 251, the Panzerjaeger 1, and the M7 Priest. So I don't think an open interior will put them off.

Terry

Fantastic release. I'm looking forward to getting one.

Bombon ,

It is a fantastic looking early grey AFV...I am also anxiously awaiting it's release , Andy mentioned April/May...So i assume we should be able to pre-order it in a few weeks...In three different numbered versions as well...I am going to pick up at least two...Also with these last dispatches , Andy/K&C are releasing different tank commander figures...Which for me will work well for this 38t release...

Joe

Bombon ,

It is a fantastic looking early grey AFV...I am also anxiously awaiting it's release , Andy mentioned April/May...So i assume we should be able to pre-order it in a few weeks...In three different numbered versions as well...I am going to pick up at least two...Also with these last dispatches , Andy/K&C are releasing different tank commander figures...Which for me will work well for this 38t release...

Joe

Yep, it' a great piece. If there are more colour versions I would also like to see one in the original Czechoslovak paint sheme.

Yep, it' a great piece. If there are more colour versions I would also like to see one in the original Czechoslovak paint sheme.

Bombon ,

I would think this situation could be similar to when K&C released the Char B1 heavy tank in limited #'s
They ended up having to create another differently painted version to meet demand...In the case of the 38t , if they sell quickly...I would think it may be beneficial to K&C to maybe do the 38t again , maybe as a Hungarian , Romanian , Slovakian version which along with the 35t was the backbone of these countries armoured forces...Could also be done in a captured Russian version...The reason I am such a proponent of this tank is , as in Andy's write-up on the tank , it played a key role from the start of the war to invasion of Russia...& was used by three of their allies...I already have two 38t's on pre-order...

Joe

phpKWxSyxAM.jpg

Bombon ,

I would think this situation could be similar to when K&C released the Char B1 heavy tank in limited #'s
They ended up having to create another differently painted version to meet demand...In the case of the 38t , if they sell quickly...I would think it may be beneficial to K&C to maybe do the 38t again , maybe as a Hungarian , Romanian , Slovakian version which along with the 35t was the backbone of these countries armoured forces...Could also be done in a captured Russian version...The reason I am such a proponent of this tank is , as in Andy's write-up on the tank , it played a key role from the start of the war to invasion of Russia...& was used by three of their allies...I already have two 38t's on pre-order...

Joe

View attachment 124059

I couldn't resist another video !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4w9hP5F1TA

Hi Joe,
The video is great. It shows how smart and swift the LT38t was (and still is).
It also shows the original paint scheme which I would like to see to be made.
I like the LT38t very much and I think it is tank with a charm.
I have found another video showing the tank if you‘d like to have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DqP4v2BEnE

Nice picture. I assume that is you in front of the 38t. Cool. Where is it?

Hi Joe,

Here is the armor column coming through. Just having fun on my ipad with the available edits that I could use messing around. Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can do to blend the background.

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 159
Can't wait for these to be released soon,as many are into talking pricing, These are a Very Good Value....................IMO :salute::

Can't wait for these to be released soon,as many are into talking pricing, These are a Very Good Value....................IMO :salute::

yes i think so
since i will be getting the tank commander sets; i will go for the tank-only version for the 38T....

Hi Joe,
The video is great. It shows how smart and swift the LT38t was (and still is).
It also shows the original paint scheme which I would like to see to be made.
I like the LT38t very much and I think it is tank with a charm.
I have found another video showing the tank if you‘d like to have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DqP4v2BEnE

Nice picture. I assume that is you in front of the 38t. Cool. Where is it?

Bombon ,

Yes , that is me in front of the grey 38t , I was at the Panzermuseum in Munster Germany...Always liked this tank , I agree it does have some short of charm to it...Have been waiting for somebody to make one of these for twenty years...Really excited that Andy/K&C finally did...Cannot wait to get the two I have pre-ordered !!

Joe

Hi Joe,

Here is the armor column coming through. Just having fun on my ipad with the available edits that I could use messing around. Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can do to blend the background.

Chris

Chris ,

I think we will be seeing a lot of future pic's of the 38t's advancing in columns soon...Great little AFV !

Joe

PA44 ,

I agree , with all the pricing talk going on...I was quite pleased to 1st get the 38t produced & 2nd to be able to purchase it for such a reasonable price...Got two on pre-order...itching to get them !!

Joe

yes i think so
since i will be getting the tank commander sets; i will go for the tank-only version for the 38T....

WW2 ,

In Gordon's diorama thread , you can see how well the new tank commander set's work with this tank...Great IMO ! Since I am also getting one tank-only version as well , got to purchase tank commander set #2...

Joe

WW2 ,

In Gordon's diorama thread , you can see how well the new tank commander set's work with this tank...Great IMO ! Since I am also getting one tank-only version as well , got to purchase tank commander set #2...

Joe

hi joe

indeed. both commander sets will be very good "accessories" to various AFVs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back