“Desert Junkers 52” (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Yet another JU52 flew into Hong Kong this morning… This one’s a wee bit special – One of our Afrika Korps collectors requested that his “Auntie Ju” be painted in the Desert Theatre camo of “Sand and Mottle” . He’s already got a similar paint scheme JU88, He111, Me110 and our own Me109 “Rommel’s Taxi”. Thought you’d like to see it. Enjoy! All the best and happy collecting!

Andy C.

Attachments

• _DSC0017.JPG
    _DSC0017.JPG
    310.7 KB · Views: 844
  • _DSC0018.JPG
    _DSC0018.JPG
    352.7 KB · Views: 875
  • _DSC0021.JPG
    _DSC0021.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 959
  • _DSC0022.JPG
    _DSC0022.JPG
    392.4 KB · Views: 848
What a beauty the drool quickly dries up when you hear the price {eek3} ,but a exceptional JU52 well done K&C and would love to see that collectors planes.

The JU52 has always been a sentimental favourite of mine although it would take a lotto win for me to ever get one and im not talking about the plane cost but the bigger house I would need to buy as that is one big bird to find space for and I would then have to buy a heap of planes to join her!! {sm2}{eek3}{sm4}

Thanks for posting Andy.

Tom

Nice enough aircraft but, with Hong Kong models looking to release a 1/32nd kit soon (the same size as this more than likely) I will wait and save £2,250 or so on that.
Mitch

If money or space were not a factor, and I had a choice between a wooden version of the Ju 52 and a plastic kit, well, that's not much of a choice is it :rolleyes2:

fully agree. a hugely detailed interior and exterior item with photo etch, rubber wheels, detailed cockpit, engine with removable cowlings and much more and over £2 grand still in my pocket is an absolute no brainer. Just depends on what one wants.
Mitch

If money or space were not a factor, and I had a choice between a wooden version of the Ju 52 and a plastic kit, well, that's not much of a choice is it :rolleyes2:

Plastic versus wood museum quality? 99 out of 100 will choose the wood museum quality but there is one in every crowd :wink2:

Brad...

Are you saying that a resin kit (the word plastic will be used quite a lot more on the K&C thread soon enough) is not able to be museum quality because its not wood?

These models have cockpit detail down to wiring, dials, seatbelts so, when you look through the glass you see detail. I recently saw a He 111 in wood not many of these have glass, well, acetate material and yes there was some detail but, not in comparison to looking at a modern kit. Maybe, your equating models with your childhood impression of them but, they have moved on leaps and bounds.

just because you use the word ''museum quality'' does not mean you are the norm. It also does not mean its ''good'' I have seen a lot of rubbish in many museums around the world. I did not feel the need to insinuate that because people did not want ''one'' they were somehow outsiders and against some artificially imposed norm.

Its rather simple for me, for £2.750 plus I would want it too almost work and fly. Not everyone is enamoured by wood and, some want detail. As I said nice enough aircraft looks good but, not good enough for me when one gets to the nitty gritty
Mitch

Mitch,

I'm saying that exactly.

I wonder if you have seen any of the K & C wooden planes in the flesh and I don't mean the pre 2000 ones. You may have seen planes made by other makers but they are not as nearly as well made as the K & C ones. They are fantastically made models and do belong in a museum.

The K & C ones do have good cockpit detail such as the things you mention.

I do have one of Figarti's resin airplanes and it is fantastic but just not as good as a wooden K & C one.

Trust me, if you see one of these, you will realize they are from rubbish. The premise of my original post was that if money and space were not a factor, what would one choose, and in my view most would choose a wooden one.

Brad

Dear Andy

As the fortunate soon to be owner of the desert Ju 52 - I love the pictures and I am looking forward to its arrival. Whilst some may think it expensive it is worth both the wait and the cost - how often do you get to own something like this. The team have completed a Fiesler Storch and HE 111 for me both in desert scheme and they are amazing.

I do have a post Christmas shopping list for the team which includes a desert Do 17, Me 110 and Do 217. One of the next things I want to be able to see the K and C team tackling is some Italian planes.

Thanks to the HK team for the brilliant work

{sm4}

Dear Andy

As the fortunate soon to be owner of the desert Ju 52 - I love the pictures and I am looking forward to its arrival. Whilst some may think it expensive it is worth both the wait and the cost - how often do you get to own something like this. The team have completed a Fiesler Storch and HE 111 for me both in desert scheme and they are amazing.

I do have a post Christmas shopping list for the team which includes a desert Do 17, Me 110 and Do 217. One of the next things I want to be able to see the K and C team tackling is some Italian planes.

Thanks to the HK team for the brilliant work

{sm4}

Welcome to TF mate, great to hear your thoughts, it's a great model and I thank Andy and the team for sharing some pic's of it before it's all packed up and sent your way.{sm4}

Sadly there are one or two on here that feel it necessary to find fault at every opportunity with anything and everything, thankfully the vast majority of members are not so negative.

You're a lucky man, enjoy your collection and thanks for posting, great to have you aboard^&grin

Cheers Toddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back