2019 Baseball season (7 Viewers)

Meanwhile the Giants have not signed anyone and their predicted starting rotation is scary (for all the wrong reasons).

At this point their projected rotation looks something like this:

Madison Bumgarner
Dereck Rodriguez
Andrew Suarez
Jeff Samardzija
?

You sound like my son; he’s complaining about the Angels doing next to nothing. With all that said, the Angels over under is the same as the Mets: 83.5.

Here’s the over under for all teams.

HOU 97.5
NYY 96.5
BOS 95.5
LAD 95
CLE 91.5
CHC 89
STL 88.5
WAS 88.5
TB 85.5
ATL 84
MIN 84
MIL 83.5
LAA 83.5
NYM 83.5
OAK 83
PHI 83
COL 82
PIT 78.5
SD 77.5
AZ 77
CIN 77
TOR 76.5
SEA 74.5
CWS 74.5
SFG 73
TEX 70.5
KC 69
DET 67
MIA 65.5
BAL 59

I think the Giants' fan base (myself included) knows that fielding the same team as last year is going to be another disaster.

I am not saying that the moves the the Met, Nats etc. are earth shattering, but at least they are doing something.

I think the Giants' fan base (myself included) knows that fielding the same team as last year is going to be another disaster.

I am not saying that the moves the the Met, Nats etc. are earth shattering, but at least they are doing something.

Similar to the Yankees, who've made 500 moves since the end of the season, while the Red Sox have resigned a few of their free agents, key ones being Pearce and Evoldi, they lost Kelly and Kinsler, plus they don't have a closer as spinach chin did not take the club option on his contract and it a free agent.

The Yankees are doing what you do when you are second fiddle in the division, third fiddle in the AL as the Red Sox and Astros are both better teams.

Have to laugh at MFY fans, one of whom who was all in on Harper and Machado is backing off now, saying they should save their money for 2020 when Verlander and Cole are free agents...………….yeah, sure, because we all know EVERY MLB player wants to wear pinstripes.

Good Lord the arrogance is off the charts.

Such a sense of entitlement.

Similar to the Yankees, who've made 500 moves since the end of the season, while the Red Sox have resigned a few of their free agents, key ones being Pearce and Evoldi, they lost Kelly and Kinsler, plus they don't have a closer as spinach chin did not take the club option on his contract and it a free agent.

The Yankees are doing what you do when you are second fiddle in the division, third fiddle in the AL as the Red Sox and Astros are both better teams.

Have to laugh at MFY fans, one of whom who was all in on Harper and Machado is backing off now, saying they should save their money for 2020 when Verlander and Cole are free agents...………….yeah, sure, because we all know EVERY MLB player wants to wear pinstripes.

Good Lord the arrogance is off the charts.

Such a sense of entitlement.
Going after Verlander as a big money signing FA for the 2020 season would be insane. He'll be 37 going into the 2020 season and I doubt he is a second Nolan Ryan in terms of condition. But if they want to spend their money, let them. Now Cole is a whole different matter as he'll only be 29 going into 2020 and might be worth big money. JMO. -- Al

Going after Verlander as a big money signing FA for the 2020 season would be insane. He'll be 37 going into the 2020 season and I doubt he is a second Nolan Ryan in terms of condition. But if they want to spend their money, let them. Now Cole is a whole different matter as he'll only be 29 going into 2020 and might be worth big money. JMO. -- Al

Verlander will make $28 mil in 2019. If he wins 14 games (he won 16 in 2018) the simple math says he will make $2 mil per victory.

Will someone please tell Kyler Murray to play MLB?

You sound like my son; he’s complaining about the Angels doing next to nothing. With all that said, the Angels over under is the same as the Mets: 83.5.

Here’s the over under for all teams.

HOU 97.5
NYY 96.5
BOS 95.5
LAD 95
CLE 91.5
CHC 89
STL 88.5
WAS 88.5
TB 85.5
ATL 84
MIN 84
MIL 83.5
LAA 83.5
NYM 83.5
OAK 83
PHI 83
COL 82
PIT 78.5
SD 77.5
AZ 77
CIN 77
TOR 76.5
SEA 74.5
CWS 74.5
SFG 73
TEX 70.5
KC 69
DET 67
MIA 65.5
BAL 59

Its amusing how the same teams that won the previous year are almost always projected to be next year's winners. But we know from history (ala, worst to first, first to worst) that new teams always come to the fore, and others fall by the wayside. Its just the natural ebb and flow. But the so called prognosticators dont have the courage, skills or ability to do anything but project forward what happened last year. Pitiful.

Its amusing how the same teams that won the previous year are almost always projected to be next year's winners. But we know from history (ala, worst to first, first to worst) that new teams always come to the fore, and others fall by the wayside. Its just the natural ebb and flow. But the so called prognosticators dont have the courage, skills or ability to do anything but project forward what happened last year. Pitiful.

I was surprised to see the Braves ranked so low. For me, they are the best team in the NL East and should only be getting better. The wild card is Harper. If he re-signs with the Nats, they are the co-favorites. If the Phillies sign him they might move up to number 2. One thing is certain, the NL East is vastly improved and will be very competitive.

Verlander will make $28 mil in 2019. If he wins 14 games (he won 16 in 2018) the simple math says he will make $2 mil per victory.

Will someone please tell Kyler Murray to play MLB?

Apparently, he wants $15 million from the As or he will enter the NFL draft.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read that Jake Arrieta warned young players to pay attention to what's happening in baseball, because they could be the next when it comes to lower pay for free agents.

He got a 3 year $75 mil contract from the Philadelphia. In the first year of the deal he went 10-11 with a 3.96 era.

Maybe the Phillies should be warning teams to pay attention to what's happening in baseball, because they could be the next when it comes to over-paying for free agents.

I see Nick Markakis has resigned with the Braves in a 1-year for $4 mil deal. That's quite a fall off from his salary of $11 mil per year under his old contract. I guess being a '30 something' in baseball isn't what it used to be. It looks like being a FA of any age isn't what it used to be, considering Machado and Harper remain unsigned at this late date, as well as dozens of others. This is a really slow market. -- Al

Hope not:rolleyes2:

That ******* will go into the hall wearing a MFY hat; thanks to that tomato can, the MFY's won game 7 of the 2003 ALCS as he came into the game in the third inning to relieve Clemens, who as usual sucked in a big game, then this boob baffled the Red Sox for four innings while the MFY's behind roid boy Giambi, picklenose and Shemp rallied in the 8th inning to pull the game out, capped off by Aaron Boone's HR to win it...……….

Thanks Moose you stooge..………………..

The NL West better watch out, the Giants announced their big free agent signing yesterday, pitcher Drew Pomeranz.

Last season he went 2-6 with a 6.08 era on a team that went 108-54. He was responsible for more than 10% of the Boston's loses.

Bob Friend, Pittsburgh Pirate pitcher of the 50's and 60's has passed away at age 88. He was my favorite Pirates pitcher as I was a youngster in the 60's. RIP, Bob. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back