2019 Baseball season (5 Viewers)

Don't like lifting Scherzer so early. That leaves a lot of innings to be covered by a very suspect bullpen. -- Al

Don't like lifting Scherzer so early. That leaves a lot of innings to be covered by a very suspect bullpen. -- Al
Glad to see that Martinez went to Stras instead of the pen regulars. At least he's learned THAT lesson. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Al...
Strasburg looked good in the 6th...
only 8 pitches to get the inning over...
7 were strikes...

through 8...looks like they made the right decision with Strasburg...
wonder if they will pull him for a pinch hitter now...

they're making you work for it tonight...^&grin
now let the bullpen take over...
gotta feeling they are gonna take care of business for you!

they're making you work for it tonight...^&grin
now let the bullpen take over...
gotta feeling they are gonna take care of business for you!
Mike, the Nats have pulled this late inning rally crap since June and my nerves are shot because of it. But a win is a win is a win...on to LA! ^&grin -- Al

Mike, the Nats have pulled this late inning rally crap since June and my nerves are shot because of it. But a win is a win is a win...on to LA! ^&grin -- Al

hahaha...
that's what happens to die hard loyal fans...
we suffer...
they made it interesting tonight...
down to the wire for a win...
and agree with you on Strasburg...
he had a huge outing to toe the line as he did...
now you gotta go knock out the Dodgers...
congrats again...

Congrats to Al!

What a great game and another example of why I love baseball and its unpredictability!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike and Jason, thanks for the congrats. I just hope we can make a decent showing against LA and we don't get bulldozed. Sure was a thrill to finally win a big playoff game on the homefield after so many failures. -- Al

"AND THE NATIONALS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!"

Oh wait......……

That was quite a post game reaction.

To a wild card game win.

Friends and family on the field?

I'm not up on their history, but is that the first playoff win ever for them?

What an epic gag job by the Brewers, that was little league level bad in right field.

They scored three runs on a HBP, a broken bat blooper, a walk and a two run error.

And on the blooper, if Cain goes to third, the runner is out by a mile, game over.

I guess outside of the Capitals, Washington has had nothing to cheer about since the silent era, so go crazy folks.

Holy smokes.

"AND THE NATIONALS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!"

Oh wait......……

That was quite a post game reaction.

To a wild card game win.

Friends and family on the field?

I'm not up on their history, but is that the first playoff win ever for them?

What an epic gag job by the Brewers, that was little league level bad in right field.

They scored three runs on a HBP, a broken bat blooper, a walk and a two run error.

And on the blooper, if Cain goes to third, the runner is out by a mile, game over.

I guess outside of the Capitals, Washington has had nothing to cheer about since the silent era, so go crazy folks.

Holy smokes.
The over the top celebration (and that's what it was), was a reaction to finally winning a deciding game on our home field. The Nats have previously lost the deciding game in 4 divisional series on their home field, thus the elation to finally winning. -- Al

The over the top celebration (and that's what it was), was a reaction to finally winning a deciding game on our home field. The Nats have previously lost the deciding game in 4 divisional series on their home field, thus the elation to finally winning. -- Al

Someone sent me a clip of what I assume is a local TV sports studio's reaction to that win; I thought the three guys were going to kill each other in the process of celebrating.

According to a friend of mine who's Nationals fan, that is the first MLB "series" win in team history, which includes the Expos.

Ok then.

The new chapter added to this saga this year ought to be something else...………..

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/10/2/20894822/minnesota-twins-playoff-curse-alds-new-york-yankees

I'm going with a towering 270 foot walk off blast to right by Quasimodo in game one, then coconut head steals home in the bottom of the ninth in game two, then the Twins do their French army circa 1940 impression in game three at home and go meekly into the night...…………………..

If I could, I'd predict the Gashouse Gorillas win the series in two games.

The new chapter added to this saga this year ought to be something else...………..

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/10/2/20894822/minnesota-twins-playoff-curse-alds-new-york-yankees

I'm going with a towering 270 foot walk off blast to right by Quasimodo in game one, then coconut head steals home in the bottom of the ninth in game two, then the Twins do their French army circa 1940 impression in game three at home and go meekly into the night...…………………..

If I could, I'd predict the Gashouse Gorillas win the series in two games.

showing a lot of love there George...^&grin

The 22 year old kid, Trent Grisham, who made the error that cost the Brewers the game stood before reporters and handled it well. He took the blame and answered the tough questions much better than most would have in the same situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back