2019 Baseball season (2 Viewers)

You are correct, sir. Painfully so, for the Nats.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Maybe they should be the visiting team this year ;)

Don’t know if it was here or elsewhere or on the radio but someone commented that they seem like a different team this year, more of a fighter and a team with more moxie. Maybe that will stand them in good stead.

You would think home field would matter the most in baseball since it it the only sport of the 4 major ones where each field is different.

Unlike NHL rinks, NFL fields and NBA courts the dimensions and shapes of MLB fields vary from team to team, no two are exactly alike, thus giving the home team familiarity with their own park.

Maybe they should be the visiting team this year ;)

Don’t know if it was here or elsewhere or on the radio but someone commented that they seem like a different team this year, more of a fighter and a team with more moxie. Maybe that will stand them in good stead.
Brad, I'm sure hoping this is the case. Having to outscore their own bullpen all year has made them very accustomed to having to come from behind, and in many cases, multiple times in the same game. :rolleyes2: -- Al

Well with the 2019 Red Sox Bataan Death March of a season mercifully coming to an end as they battle it out with the LET'S GO O'S!!, my attention turns to October baseball.

Barring some sort of collapse, the playoff teams are set, so here are my favorites ranked from who I want to win the most to least;

Cardinals (my 2nd favorite AL team behind the Giants; speaking of which, outstanding to see Yaz's grandson hit a bomb at Fenway, just an awesome thing to see)

Athletics (love the uniform, would be hysterical if they won it all with their 47.00 payroll)

Braves (former Boston Braves, still feel that connection, plus I loved those Braves teams back in the day, how they managed to only win one WS is a complete and utter mystery with that staff)

Dodgers (yeah, I know they are a rival of the Giants, but I like them, those traditional uniforms, still in Dodger stadium; GEE, you happy now Carlos?!?!?!…………...:rolleyes2:)

Nationals (after so many gag jobs, maybe they finally win it all?)

Astros (meah, whatever)

Brewers (someone has to be seventh)

Twins (they have NO shot vs the Gashouse Gorillas if that's how it shakes out in the ALDS)

Rays (good lord, no; will their fraud fans show up for the playoffs, that's the million dollar question, which is 999,999.00 more than their payroll)

Gashouse Gorillas (if there is a God in heaven, this won't happen; seeing Quasimodo, Sherman Klump and bulbous head holding the trophy will be nauseating, please God, no...…………………)

Good luck to everyone who still has a dog in the hunt...…………………………...

Last edited:
Well unless something changes today, the Red Sox are about to lose a series to an Orioles team that has had back to back 100 loss seasons, is closer to the sun than they are to the Yankees in the standings and draws more flies than people to their games.

This puts a bow on a complete and utter shitshow of a season that has been a disaster from start to finish, what an embarrassment.

As far as joyless seasons, this ranks right up there with 2012.

But hey, thanks for 2018 fellas.

Oh and 2004, 2007 and 2013 too.

So as a Red Sox fan, at least I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Well with the 2019 Red Sox Bataan Death March of a season mercifully coming to an end as they battle it out with the LET'S GO O'S!!, my attention turns to October baseball.

Barring some sort of collapse, the playoff teams are set, so here are my favorites ranked from who I want to win the most to least;

Cardinals (my 2nd favorite AL team behind the Giants; speaking of which, outstanding to see Yaz's grandson hit a bomb at Fenway, just an awesome thing to see)

Athletics (love the uniform, would be hysterical if they won it all with their 47.00 payroll)

Braves (former Boston Braves, still feel that connection, plus I loved those Braves teams back in the day, how they managed to only win one WS is a complete and utter mystery with that staff)

Good luck to everyone who still has a dog in the hunt...…………………………...

Braves have performed poorly against the Cards in the postseason, historically, so I can’t actually like this post. 😆

As with all Atlanta pro sports I remain hopeful but highly skeptical of a best possible outcome. Moreover, I’m not a sports better, so win or lose, I’ll carry on in the same fashion.

George...
this is an article about the Red Sox trimming the 2020 payroll...
to avoid the luxury tax next year...

https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/red-sox-cut-payroll-2020/516122

It was great that they won a WS and all of that last year, but the idiotic contracts given out to Sale and Eovaldi as well as the deal they did with Price is going to handcuff this team going forward.

What a mess, they can't keep both Betts and Martinez, one of them has to go.

You can't keep throwing money at a problem, you have to be smart.

They are looking for a new GM; who in their right mind would want to come here?

OK, big question...who gets the AL Cy Young, Verlander or Cole? Their numbers are so close that they might end up with the closet vote ever. There are no other viable alternatives when these 2 are considered. This will be interesting. The NL has half a dozen possibilities and is much more in question. -- Al

OK, big question...who gets the AL Cy Young, Verlander or Cole? Their numbers are so close that they might end up with the closet vote ever. There are no other viable alternatives when these 2 are considered. This will be interesting. The NL has half a dozen possibilities and is much more in question. -- Al

Al...

if I had to choose one of them to pitch one single game...

it would be Verlander...

so I say Verlander for the Cy Young...

does Bregman have a chance to win the AL MVP in your opinion?

Al...

if I had to choose one of them to pitch one single game...

it would be Verlander...

so I say Verlander for the Cy Young...

does Bregman have a chance to win the AL MVP in your opinion?
I would say yes, he has a chance. Trout had it locked, IMO, until he got hurt but his stats may still carry him, especially the all important WAR. My dark horse is Nelson Cruz. This will be a close race, as well, I think. -- Al

While I have no clear idea where the NL Cy Young will land, I believe the NL MVP should be Nat's 3B Rendon. He has had a spectacular season and was the team's anchor and best player all year. His stats are also deserving of it. -- Al

There’s not much question who will be the Cy Young this year in the NL.

The MLB.com survey predicts Bellinger for MVP.

Maybe my view of the MVP is skewed bu I tend to look at the player within his team.

Both Bellinger and Rendon are deserving. However, without Rendon I doubt the Nats make the playoffs, without Bellinger the Dodgers probably still win the NL West.

Maybe my view of the MVP is skewed bu I tend to look at the player within his team.

Both Bellinger and Rendon are deserving. However, without Rendon I doubt the Nats make the playoffs, without Bellinger the Dodgers probably still win the NL West.

That is not the way voters look at the award anymore, however. Otherwise, Trout wouldn't be winning it. Nonetheless, Rendon had a better year statistically than Bellinger except for HRs.

So very true. Rendon carried the Nats all year. He had help, of course, Soto had a great year as did Turner and supersubs Parra and Cabrera were essential, but it was Rendon who made the engine run. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back