2019 Baseball season (6 Viewers)

The 22 year old kid, Trent Grisham, who made the error that cost the Brewers the game stood before reporters and handled it well. He took the blame and answered the tough questions much better than most would have in the same situation.
It was a tough error. The ball had a slight change of direction as it reached Grisham and coupled with Grisham checking the runners at that exact moment...disaster. In all honestly, that whole inning was one unlikely disaster after another for the Brewers. First the hit batsman, a call that could have been ruled a dead ball foul, then the fluke broken bat single, a walk to load the bases followed by the single that should have just tied the game. For the Brewers, it must have been like seeing the proverbial car accident coming in slow motion, and not being able to stop it. Tough loss, but the Nats ain't giving it back.:wink2: -- Al

It was a tough error. The ball had a slight change of direction as it reached Grisham and coupled with Grisham checking the runners at that exact moment...disaster. In all honestly, that whole inning was one unlikely disaster after another for the Brewers. First the hit batsman, a call that could have been ruled a dead ball foul, then the fluke broken bat single, a walk to load the bases followed by the single that should have just tied the game. For the Brewers, it must have been like seeing the proverbial car accident coming in slow motion, and not being able to stop it. Tough loss, but the Nats ain't giving it back.:wink2: -- Al

The box score doesn't say how you won, it just says the score. ^&grin

Morton won't last 6 innings at this rate...
maybe less...
66 pitches in 3 innings...

delighted to see Oakland sent packing...
they are one of the AL teams that really scared me...
I may regret saying that...^&grin

maybe less...

I really like what he said when he was interviewed after being taken out of the game. Buster Olney asked how he worked through some of his struggles. As part of his answer Morton said that sometimes luck plays a part in getting out of jam.

I have seen tons of interviews with Morton...I always liked him...he was always humble...seemed like a real team player...passing the glory off to team mates when he won...I thought it was the end of the world when both he and Keuchel didn't re-sign...Morton will be a tough opponent when the Astros meet...he had a horrible outing a few months ago when Houston hosted TB...6 runs in 4 innings....but the Astro's fans cheered him with a standing ovation at the beginning of the game...

Adios A's.

Set a club record for home runs this year and they score a whopping single run in the wild card game on a three base error and a fly ball to right.

The Doofin Rays with their 47.00 payroll advance, now I get to watch playoff baseball in that dump of a stadium, can't wait...……………..

Adios A's.

Set a club record for home runs this year and they score a whopping single run in the wild card game on a three base error and a fly ball to right.

The Doofin Rays with their 47.00 payroll advance, now I get to watch playoff baseball in that dump of a stadium, can't wait...……………..

With the quality of the team's management, from the owner all the way down, if they were in any other market, they would contend all the time.

They also know how to act properly in celebrations, joyous but recognizing this is but one step on a long road.

maybe less...

It was like watching my son pitch! {sm4} Took him 43 pitches to get out of the first inning 2 Saturdays ago- that was a personal high lol He walked in 4 runs lol. Threw 33 total in the 2nd and 3rd inning before he got a rest. Has only given up a single hit this fall in 16 innings of work- but has notched 10 BB's.

Love the A's fans!!! That stadium was just electric with all sorts of really entertaining personalities.

Best part of the year- baseball playoffs!!!

They also know how to act properly in celebrations, joyous but recognizing this is but one step on a long road.

You mean there was no one screaming "LETS' GO!!!!!!!" at the top of his lungs thumping his chest after that riveting 5-1 win?...…………..^&grin

Good luck with the Astors, I'm sure Gashouse Gorilla fans everywhere are hoping and praying the Doofin Rays can pull off a series win.

Wish in one hand, hope in the other and see where it gets you.

You mean there was no one screaming "LETS' GO!!!!!!!" at the top of his lungs thumping his chest after that riveting 5-1 win?...…………..^&grin

Good luck with the Astors, I'm sure Gashouse Gorilla fans everywhere are hoping and praying the Doofin Rays can pull off a series win.

Yes, it was completely absurd, especially for a team that goes to the playoffs as much as they do. If the Rays had acted like that, I would have understood as they seldom get to the playoffs.

I give each of the WC teams a game although I’d like to see the Rays win two games, only because they could use the cash from the extra game.

The Callaway Watch is over. Out after two years.

Mickey, we hardly knew you.

Teams like the Rays serve as the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters. Someone for the big market teams to play. Curious to see how many fans show up if they get a home game. They were ranked 29th out of 30 teams in attendance. Only Miami had lower attendance. I guess the cold weather is to blame down there in Florida. At least the Red Sox will have something to watch while on vacation this year. Hard to believe they finished 12 games behind the Rays as great as they looked last season.

They get one home game at least and two possibly.

This being the playoffs, I’m sure the stadium will be sold out. They will probably lose to the
Astros in 4 but they will be a harder nut to crack than you and others give them credit for.

with 96 wins...excuse me...97 wins now...they are no slouch...

Keep trying to convince yourself that they will give the Astors a series, it's good for the soul...………..I see the first three games of the series as good morning, good afternoon and goodnight.

Keep trying to convince yourself that they will give the Astors a series, it's good for the soul...………..I see the first three games of the series as good morning, good afternoon and goodnight.

I hope you're right George...
I just can't be as optimistic...
that's from being a Cowboy's fan for too long...
spilled too many half full glasses...
you can't take anything for granted...

I hope you're right George...
I just can't be as optimistic...
that's from being a Cowboy's fan for too long...
spilled too many half full glasses...
you can't take anything for granted...

A small market team winning 97 games on a thrift store payroll is a nice little story, but in the MLB playoffs, there is a big difference between winning a one game play in and a 5 to 7 game series; pitching, pitching, pitching, plus timely hitting, which is what the Astors have, plus experience, been to the WS once, been to the ALCS two years in a row, I can't see them losing a 5 game series.

Football with one and done/any given Sunday/key turnovers/a hot QB is a different ballgame...…………..

George...

I'm sure the Astros will be a favorite...no doubt about that...statistically they are the better team in this upcoming series...

baseball more than any sport I can think of is a game where the managers base a lot of decisions on statistics...
intentional walks in a clutch situation to a hot hitter to get to a batter that is statistically easier to get out...
pulling a pitcher to make a batter face a pitcher he has statistically struggled against...
setting the infield in a shift cause statistically the batter usually pulls the ball between 2nd and 3rd base...
statistics...statistics...statistics...etc...
the Astros should win on paper in a long series...
but sometimes that just doesn't work...

and I completely understand your point about an "any given Sunday" upset win or loss in a one game series...
that's valid...it happens...I thought Oakland was the better team last night...

I realize that a 5-7 game series reduces the long shot's chances of pulling off an upset...as opposed to a one game series...

I'm just one of those guys that has seen too many weird things in sports...
too many upsets...game deciding penalties...bad calls...missed calls...always expecting a major injury...one player that plays his best game ever and changes the outcome...or some fluke that kills it for me...

so I sweat every game where I have a dog in the fight...I don't underestimate any team...

they still make those bumper stickers that say................."**** happens"...
this will all play out in the next few weeks...
nothing I can do or say will change the outcome...

I still think it is strange to include a one game Wild-Card in a list of elimination games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back