2019 Baseball season (8 Viewers)

Al...

6th inning...1 away...runners on 1st & 2nd...
new pitcher for LA coming in...
lots of potential here to put it away...

like Hannibal from the A-Team says...
"I love it when a plan comes together."

Al...

6th inning...1 away...runners on 1st & 2nd...
new pitcher for LA coming in...
lots of potential here to put it away...

like Hannibal from the A-Team says...
"I love it when a plan comes together."
Too bad the Nats blew this chance. Could come back to haunt them. Nats bullpen is allergic to leads... -- Al

What a game. The Nats bullpen is brutal. We survived, barely. My nerves are SHOT...:rolleyes2:-- Al

Yes, I imagine it must have been a little harrowing but, hey, you have a good shot now. In the bottom of the 9th, I didn’t like giving Muncey, who represented the tying run, an intentional walk but it didn’t come back to bite them.

Yes, I imagine it must have been a little harrowing but, hey, you have a good shot now. In the bottom of the 9th, I didn’t like giving Muncey, who represented the tying run, an intentional walk but it didn’t come back to bite them.
It didn't bite them this time, but as someone famous once said, 'It was a close run thing.' Moves like that have had a history of backfiring on the Nats bullpen. Hard to emphasize just how bad the pen has been. They had 29 blown saves this season. and with a season ERA of 5.68 (the highest bullpen ERA to ever make the playoffs), many such moves have blown up in the Nats faces. Strasburg and Scherzer have me harking back to Spahn and Sain... -- Al

In the bottom of the 9th, I didn’t like giving Muncey, who represented the tying run, an intentional walk but it didn’t come back to bite them.

agreed...
I thought that was a recipe for disaster...
his previous at bat home run made that decision for the Nats...
I didn't like it...

however...

all's well that ends well...
Strasburg is having a very good October...
that would be considered a big upset win...
good game Al...

As much as I hate the Nats bullpen, and deservedly so, I really like Strasburg, who is overshadowed by his more famous teammate, Mad Max. All Strasburg has done in 10 major league seasons is go 112-58 with a 3.17 ERA, while averaging 10.8 K's per 9 innings. He has been even more impressive in limited playoff exposure. In his 5 post-season games, he is 3-2, has pitched to a 0.64 ERA over 28 innings (2 earned runs allowed) and has fanned 38 men while walking only 4. Both of his post-season losses were from unearned runs and lack of run support. The man comes up big. -- Al

Al...
one thing I thought was especially impressive...
was that Strasburg threw 34 pitches in relief on October 1st in the Wild Card game...
3 days later...
was then back on the mound as a starter on October 4th...
on short rest...
and started for 6 good innings with 85 pitches...

I thought yesterday was a must game for the Twins: they needed to break the stranglehold of history. I thought the Yankees could lose the game but still prevail in the series but not the Twins. Looks like the bad karma is continuing. If they don’t win today, look for a sweep.

Al...
was that Strasburg threw 34 pitches in relief on October 1st in the Wild Card game...
3 days later...
on short rest...
It was impressive, especially as it was Strasburg's first relief appearance since high school. I'm just glad he showed no ill effects from the relief job. Scherzer is going to be in the same boat as I believe he will get the Sunday start in Game 3. Trying to win a playoff series without a viable bullpen is going to be hard on out starting pitchers.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I thought yesterday was a must game for the Twins: they needed to break the stranglehold of history. I thought the Yankees could lose the game but still prevail in the series but not the Twins. Looks like the bad karma is continuing. If they don’t win today, look for a sweep.
Brad, I think I read that the NYY's are now 14-2 against the Twins in their last 16 playoff games. That's a lot of bad karma to overcome. -- Al

Kershaw has always come up short in the playoffs. If the Dodgers blow this series, it will be epic. They were the best team in MLB most of this season. Nothing short of a WS win will be a huge disappointment. Losing to the Nats in the first round would be a real disaster. I think they still get it done though.

It was impressive, especially as it was Strasburg's first relief appearance since high school. I'm just glad he showed no ill effects from the relief job. Scherzer is going to be in the same boat as I believe he will get the Sunday start in Game 3. Trying to win a playoff series without a viable bullpen is going to be hard on out starting pitchers.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Al...
maybe they will give him a nap...
and give his arm an ice tub soak before they throw him back in...^&grin

Kershaw has always come up short in the playoffs. If the Dodgers blow this series, it will be epic. They were the best team in MLB most of this season. Nothing short of a WS win will be a huge disappointment. Losing to the Nats in the first round would be a real disaster. I think they still get it done though.

Yes, it would be epic and Roberts would take some heat but these things do happen some time, and they stay with you. In 1988 the Mets were the best team in baseball but lost to LA, a result that still haunts many fans.

Moreover, it’s not like the Dodgers are facing Oakland or Tampa. The Nats are a very resourceful team and I think are better than the Harper teams because they can’t rely on him anymore. They also have one of the best top 3 starters in the game. I think it will be a very close series the rest of the way.

Al...
3 days later...
on short rest...

He's lucky his arm didn't fall off in his sleep...………..

Baldelli had a nice first season, but I really don't understand why he's now saving the guy who should have started game #1 for game #3. I guess it's because of Odorizzi's career 5.40 ERA in Yankee Stadium, but the Yanks lit him up in Minnesota in July (4 IP, 9 ER) after he pitched 6 shutout innings in New York in May. It was a mistake not to start him last night since he's now only available for one game regardless, but I'd definitely go to him now with the prospect of being down 0-2 before you even put your best pitcher on the mound.

Dobnak hasn't thrown more than 78 pitches in a major league game and his success looks like a result of not being overexposed while pitching in the AL Central (.458 OPSa vs. <.500 teams / .756 OPSa vs. >.500 teams).

Twins gonna Twin I guess...………...just pathetic. They should wear all white uniforms and just get it over with.

Baldelli had a nice first season, but I really don't understand why he's now saving the guy who should have started game #1 for game #3. I guess it's because of Odorizzi's career 5.40 ERA in Yankee Stadium, but the Yanks lit him up in Minnesota in July (4 IP, 9 ER) after he pitched 6 shutout innings in New York in May. It was a mistake not to start him last night since he's now only available for one game regardless, but I'd definitely go to him now with the prospect of being down 0-2 before you even put your best pitcher on the mound.

Dobnak hasn't thrown more than 78 pitches in a major league game and his success looks like a result of not being overexposed while pitching in the AL Central (.458 OPSa vs. <.500 teams / .756 OPSa vs. >.500 teams).

Twins gonna Twin I guess...………...just pathetic. They should wear all white uniforms and just get it over with.
NYY's just went up 7-0 in the 3rd on a GS. Looks like the Twins are in trouble.:rolleyes2: -- Al

The Twins should move back to Washington and call themselves the Generals.

A grand slam on top of it all; let me guess, it was a 270 bomb to right field, correct?

Gashouse Gorillas/Astors is going to be a great world series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back