A farewell to the Zulu series (1 Viewer)

villagehorse

Lieutenant General
The delay in new releases has given me time to reflect and come to the decision the series has reached it's zenith for me and I will now say it is complete and be satisfied with what I have. It has been a wonderful ride since 2009, but all good things must come too an end. Best of luck for those who continue to move forward with the Zulu. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0788.jpg
    DSCN0788.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 1,181
Amazing collection. This shouts out for more photos.

Sure, the least I can do. Going to take the easy option and not worry about the backdrop. This is a permanent display set out on a table tennis table. Robin.

Just snapped these off as a farewell tribute. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0789.jpg
    DSCN0789.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 724
  • DSCN0791.jpg
    DSCN0791.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 959
  • DSCN0790.jpg
    DSCN0790.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 722
  • DSCN0792.jpg
    DSCN0792.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 719
  • DSCN0793.jpg
    DSCN0793.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 772
Sure, the least I can do. Going to take the easy option and not worry about the backdrop. This is a permanent display set out on a table tennis table. Robin.

Now I challenge you Robin, if this is a permanent display you now have to recreate the terrain and cover each and very base. You have got the time now..….^&grin

Now I challenge you Robin, if this is a permanent display you now have to recreate the terrain and cover each and very base. You have got the time now..….^&grin

He can't! Now that Robin is retired he'll be travelling the world and doing all the shows including Chicago! {sm3}^&grin

Tom

Wonderful collection and nice to view. I can see why it's a permanent setup. Chris

Robin...

wow...what can I say...

you got it all...

redoubts...wagons...rivers...gatling guns...
this is about as complete as it gets...

throwing in the Arab buildings in the far background is just a bonus...

awesome collection...

Hello Robin,
A truly magnificent effort, certainly worthy of being on display in a major military museum such as the Australian War Memorial, National Army Museum, or Imperial War Museum. Without any intention of distraction from your diorama, or this thread, thought you might enjoy an article I published on my blog page a few years ago; http://arnhemjim.blogspot.com/2013/12/impossible-victory-rorkes-drift-22-23.html .

Arnhem Jim
Arizona Territory

Wow Robin, and I thought you had a large WW2 collection! ^&grin Mate, you must have one of the largest collections of metal soldiers on the planet.

An impressive display Robin and one that you would be hard to find replicated by anyone else.
What a great display and a fitting farewell to the range. :salute::

Right now you have a vacancy you'll be able to start the K&C Vietnam range ! {sm4}

Steve

Superb Robin :salute::

I parted with all my WB AZW over 2 years ago

All the best

Martyn:)

Holy cow Robin! Do all of your Zulu figures fit in the same zip code?!?! {sm4} That's one exhaustive Zulu collection if I've ever seen one! Impressive to say the least. I think we can safely say you have climbed that mountain! Now that you've finished with this range what are you going to shift the focus to going forward? Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Hi Robin,

I have given up on WB Zulu range a couple of years ago. Mounted Lancer and ambulance being my last purchases.

Very impressive collection. Tops mine buddy.

Gary

Just awesome Robin, One Series where bulk figures make all the difference. I was talking to a lady on Saturday night who has a very large Zulu collection. Strange to hear that but what she described and she didn't know how many figures she had, it sounded like a couple of hundred on each side. I asked her why she liked the series so much, she said when she was a girl she saw the film Zulu and the warriors frightened her and had left a lasting impression on her. She has a collection of Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana. Might try and get in touch with her and get some pictures. She is not on the forum. Regards Greg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back