A Tribute to Gordon (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

First of all a huge ‘thankyou’ to all the many, many collectors, K&C dealers and a few of our competitors who wrote and emailed me with their kind words and thoughts about my brother Gordon’s passing.

Gordon’s life and work had a major impact on the hobby and K&C. And, as many of you know K&C will bring out a book of his displays and dioramas in the future.

Meanwhile, as a wee taste of his hard work and as a tribute to him we have been working on a very special commemorative issue of “COLLECTOR” which will be released in a few weeks time.

Obviously, it’s not a complete collection of his work but it does represent some of his finest and one or two of his lesser-known pieces.
We will be sending this out to K&C Dealers and our own retail and mail order customers.

All the best,
Andy

Cover-01.jpg

Andy mate,
This issue of Collector will take pride of place in my K&C collection. A fitting honour to a True Gentleman.

Cheers Howard:salute:::salute::

Andy mate,
This issue of Collector will take pride of place in my K&C collection. A fitting honour to a True Gentleman.

Cheers Howard:salute:::salute::

I totally agree, the diorama are a work of art, it would be hard to choose which was my favourite, there were so many that captured the essence of our hobby and passion.

That’s a beautiful and more than deserved tribute to a man who made a unique and fantastic contribution to our hobby!

I’m looking forward to the issue as well as the book. I’m sure both will be terrific.

The book would be a treasure, for sure.
Put me down for one.

--- LaRRy

That's a very nice tribute Andy. I'm looking forward to seeing a copy of this Collector.

I have two brothers and do not wish to see either go before me...condolences to you and your family Andy!

Andy, I'm sure there will be some wonderful memories shared within those pages of both the Collector magazine and your up-coming book, I look forward to getting my hands on both.

What an amazing tribute!:salute::

I’m looking forward to the issue as well as the book. I’m sure both will be terrific.

Same here! Looking forward to the Magazine, looks to be a great tribute to Gordon. Love the cover photos Andy!!
Tom

I will miss Gordon terribly, and think of him every time O go upstairs to enjoy my collection, the centerpiece of which has always been Gordon’s dioramas. I too will be looking forward to obtaining both the Collector and the book on Gordon’s work. He will be sorely missed.

Gordon, a great diorama builder, who inspired me many times to continue making dioramas with K&C figures , tanks and vehicles.
looking forward for the collector copy
Guy:smile2:

Andy

Very sorry to hear about this unfortunate event that has affected your family. Your brother seemed like a stand up guy and his work was utterly amazing. I have seen many of his "one-off's" in Louis's house and they are beyond anything I have ever seen. His Egyptian ruin just never ceases to amaze me and as a fan of that line and of the Indiana Jones franchise it always puts a huge smile on my face seeing it.

Best wishes to you and your family as you cope with this.

Respectfully
CC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back