Accuracy, It's a Puzzlement (1 Viewer)

This week the IFC CHannel is showing a whole bunch of Monty Python, episodes, movies, interviews, etc. Unfortuantely, now when I read this particular thread I keep hearing it in the voices of John Cleese, Eric Idle, etc, etc.

Bottom line - we can't change Andy. He will continue to do business the way he likes and he will produce what sells. I'll bet he would actually make money selling all-gray KingTigers (and he just might do it to spite all of us!). Our voices can only cry in the wilderness. Maybe someday more of the producers will either buy a book or just ask someone who knows (and who can produce reference materials to back their claims). Until then, buy the ones you like and let the "other 1900" have the rest.

Gary B.

If anyone is going to make a King Tiger please let it be a Whitewashed one!

Rob

Wraith has the exclusive right to pink AFVs, except for the early desert versions which actually were pink. :)

Terry

I don't think we should judge our friend Simon on here,we all collect for different reasons!:D

Rob

If anyone is going to make a King Tiger please let it be a Whitewashed one!

Rob

Well, you'll all be eaten a huge slice of humble pie when I'm sitting pretty with my 1,999 pink King Tigers, when K&C release their forthcoming Battle of Strawberry Fields range.

It's a little known fact that all of the 2,000 KTs deployed at this battle in 1939 were pink washed with a seed dashed ambush pattern.

Remember, you heard it here first.

Well, you'll all be eaten a huge slice of humble pie when I'm sitting pretty with my 1,999 pink King Tigers, when K&C release their forthcoming Battle of Strawberry Fields range.

It's a little known fact that all of the 2,000 KTs deployed at this battle in 1939 were pink washed with a seed dashed ambush pattern.

wow.

2000 king tigers in pink.

must be quite a sight.

guderian must have been sobbing with joy.:)

wow.

2000 king tigers in pink.

must be quite a sight.

guderian must have been sobbing with joy.:)

Nasir my friend, it is 3am in South Asia, you are insomniac no need sleep?

I am sure that he will take the Pink Tiger any time.

Rod.

This week the IFC CHannel is showing a whole bunch of Monty Python, episodes, movies, interviews, etc. Unfortuantely, now when I read this particular thread I keep hearing it in the voices of John Cleese, Eric Idle, etc, etc.

Bottom line - we can't change Andy. He will continue to do business the way he likes and he will produce what sells. I'll bet he would actually make money selling all-gray KingTigers (and he just might do it to spite all of us!). Our voices can only cry in the wilderness. Maybe someday more of the producers will either buy a book or just ask someone who knows (and who can produce reference materials to back their claims). Until then, buy the ones you like and let the "other 1900" have the rest.

Gary B.
Delightfully entertaining post Gary.:D:D Perhaps in the meantime some use could be made of Coconuts delivered to Mercia by Swallows or perhaps just a nice shrubbery.:D

Wrong!!!I think you are confusing the pink King Tigers with Jagdpansies.
Jeff

Delightfully entertaining post Gary.:D:D Perhaps in the meantime some use could be made of Coconuts delivered to Mercia by Swallows or perhaps just a nice shrubbery.:D

African or European swallows? :)

Gary B.

You know, I brought up this issue with Andy at the OTSN, and Andy had a very interesting response. He basically said that he operates theatrically, like John Ford, the director. He mentioned an anecdote where an expert on 19th Century U.S. Cavalry hired as a consultant on one of Ford's famous westerns (I think it was "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon") told Ford that the Cavalry didn't wear uniforms anything like the ones created by the costume department for the film to Ford's specifications. Ford responded "well, they should have, my uniforms look better" and stuck with the costumes he created.

Andy exercises artistic license, to make figures and vehicles he thinks will sell, even if they are not 100% historically accurate. When I pointed out that people have been complaining about the inaccuracies, he responded that on this forum, there are about 10 people who have both enough knowledge & enough concern to actually call him on it, but he sells thousands of each set. His response to the 10 out of 2000 collectors who complain, "buy what you like. If you don't like it, don't buy it."

Frankly, I am one of the other 1900+ people who lack the knowwledge to know what is inaccurate, and, frankly, am more concerned with what looks cool than with 100% historical accuracy. I would prefer 100% historical accuracy if I could get it, but I will buy those figures and vehicles that I like and want to display, even if they come from the wrong theater of the war, or have the wrong camo scheme, because, for the most part, if I don't know enough to catch the error, 99% of the visitors to my display sure won't.

Good post Louis!

It took to post 70 but here we finally have the answer to the questions posed by Arnhemjim way back in post 1.

I don't really buy the line that the errors are intentionally incorporated into pieces to make them better and thus enhance sales. If 99% of people don't know the difference anyway then how can placing an implausible unit emblem or numbering scheme make a piece better?

Good post Louis!

It took to post 70 but here we finally have the answer to the questions posed by Arnhemjim way back in post 1.

I don't really buy the line that the errors are intentionally incorporated into pieces to make them better and thus enhance sales. If 99% of people don't know the difference anyway then how can placing an implausible unit emblem or numbering scheme make a piece better?

What a compliment from Andy. :D I guess you and I are 2 of the 10. Probably have to include tullock and Binder001 - that's 4. Who are the other 6? :D:D

Maybe we should form a club. :D:D But can you be a member if you buy the pieces anyway? :D

Terry

African or European swallows? :)

Gary B.
Well an African swallow would have the right thrust to weight ratio but ....they are not migratory.;):D

FWIW, I suspect there are quite a few more than 10 who know the difference for any given range and the number who care will depend on what it is and how transparent the errors.:)

Well an African swallow would have the right thrust to weight ratio but ....they are not migratory.;):D

FWIW, I suspect there are quite a few more than 10 who know the difference for any given range and the number who care will depend on what it is and how transparent the errors.:)

Love this thread. What about the field modifications to the swallows and which theatre are they in?

Lovely plumage, do they sing?

I suppose swallows COULD be used as a stike bomber force...but how would they grip the bombs??

You don't have to be an historian to spot many of the KC errors. KC has made some real doozies. Most recently the special edition set with Hitler reading a WWI map written in English. That's laugh out loud stuff. No explanation forthcoming from KC on those types of issues. Frustrating to see that kind of carelessness at these prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back