ACW - Defensive Withdrawal (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
This morning I have been arranging the new stone and wooden split rail worm (zig zag) fence sections (Hudson & Allen #2012) on my 4' x 8' diorama play table. These sections are really nicely done, each 11" long - purchased 3 sections at the OTSN show.
:) Mike

IRON BRIGADE
July 1, 1863 Gettysburg, PA

With the Federal units around them collapsing under the weight of the oncoming Confederates, and being heavily pressured themselves by Pettigrew's Division, the Iron Brigade was ordered to fall back and regroup at the Seminary on Seminary Ridge. Giving their ground grudgingly, their withdrawal from McPhearson's Ridge was orderly and determined.

PICT0001-17.jpg

PICT0002-15.jpg

PICT0003-11.jpg

PICT0005-3.jpg

Wow Mike !!! these new pieces you picked up are amazing and I think this may also be some of your best photography as well.

Next time the Chicago show comes around, I'm either going, or sending money with you so you can get me some goodies!!!!

Thanks Scott, Joe, Bama Boy, and Walt.

Goregeous photos. Is that a painted background?
Walt

Walt, in the first three photos the backdrop is a photograph of gettysburg taken by Ken and Ericka Osen (Hudson & Allen). They had multiples of this print made using clay pigmentation (won't fade) and mounted on acid free archival foam board. Its 20" x 32" (I got this at the OTSN show also).

In the last photo, the backdrop is one that I painted myself of the Shenandoah Valley with the Blue Ridge Mountains - its 24" x 48"

Looks very effective excellent set up and great pics
Mitch

This is a nice one Mike...was there any money leftover after the show for a hamburger...:p

Excellent photos Mike... Keep up the great work!
It was great to see you again at the show. I am looking forward to getting together again soon.
Ken

More outstanding work, love the stones in the wall....great detail and good story telling again....thanks for sharing.
Rick

Thank you gentlemen; Mitch, Michael, Kem, Titus, and rharry

This is a nice one Mike...was there any money leftover after the show for a hamburger...:p

After all this, hamburger was all I could afford :D

Excellent photos Mike... Keep up the great work!
It was great to see you again at the show. I am looking forward to getting together again soon.Ken

I am also looking forward to our next "get together". To see more current photos featuring the items I got from H&A at the OTSN show take a peek at my other two WB threads "ACW - Decision at Dawn" and "ACW - The Alabama Brigade"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back