ACW - Giving the Devil His Due (2 Viewers)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Taking a break from yard work and Halloween decorations for tomorrow's Trick or Treaters to finish a photo scene I've been slowly working on . . . . . Here I have a Confederate Artillery Section of two 10-Pound Parrott guns firing at Union positions in the Peach Orchard and on Devil's Den.
:) Mike

Capt. John C. Fraser's Pulaski Artillery Battery
two 10-Pounder Parrott Guns, two 3-Inch Ordnance Rifles
Late Afternoon, July 2, 1863, Gettysburg, PA

PICT0002-19.jpg

PICT0004-9.jpg

PICT0005-6.jpg

Mike

Very cinematic! Great direction, photography, and production design:)

Randy

Good one, don't get to see the Rebs with artillery very often...nice to see thanks for sharing....

Last edited:
Once again Mike another round of very well done photos which would tell a story all on their own..........The Lt.

Okay...

I just told you how much I like this picture on your "vintage" thread...

I take it back...

this color photos blows that one away...

this is in my opinion the best color photo you have ever taken...

definitely "framing material"...

I think you are getting a very good grip on lights, editing, camera and displays...

this is your best work yet...

save the file...print and frame this one...it's "that good"...you can thank me later...

ps...take it easy on the kids tomorrow...

Mike,
I can't keep up with all the beautiful pictures you have been posting but everything I've seen is an A+.You have tried FIW,Napoleanics,Crusades and now ACW.I really thing the ACW is the right range for you.
Mark

Thankyou gentlemen; Randy, Mitch, Rick, Al, Joe, Michael, and Mark.
:) Mike

Mike
Very cinematic! Great direction, photography, and production design:)
Randy

I consider you one of the masters, if not THE MASTER, photographer here on the forum Randy. Your work has been my inspiration for a long time now. Thank you very much,

Okay...
I just told you how much I like this picture on your "vintage" thread...
I take it back... this color photos blows that one away...
this is in my opinion the best color photo you have ever taken...
definitely "framing material"...I think you are getting a very good grip on lights, editing, camera and displays...
this is your best work yet...
save the file...print and frame this one...it's "that good"...you can thank me later...
ps...take it easy on the kids tomorrow...

You mean something like this Michael:

matte4643480a1eba2651764cbc01c90f895cdfb902c8.jpg

Or perhaps like this:

PICT0002-19-2.jpg

Mike,
I can't keep up with all the beautiful pictures you have been posting but everything I've seen is an A+. You have tried FIW,Napoleanics,Crusades and now ACW. I really thing the ACW is the right range for you.
Mark

You left out SOHK/US NAVY/USMC but I will have to agree with you Mark, the ACW is definately my first love in collecting.

That looks pretty sharp framed......as an artist I would consider a double mat on it.....but boy is is nice....wow

The lighting and background sky perfectly captures a summer afternoon. Great scene. Is that a Hudson and Allen base?

The lighting and background sky perfectly captures a summer afternoon. Great scene. Is that a Hudson and Allen base?

Thank you. The base seen in the photos is part of my 4' x 8' ACW "play" table which has eight interlocking 22" x 22" diorama squares custom made for me by Ken Osen (H&A). Here is a "so-so" unedited photo of the entire table - all the scenics and buildings are moveable so that I have the flexibility to change the lanscape details as I wish.

PICT0001.jpg

rharry he's the calendar you ask for an I'm sure Mike won't mind sharing it..... Great new photo Mike you've just posted....The Lt.

calendar241ffda7579769acb7f82529c2411275fd746ab7.jpg

Thank you. The base seen in the photos is part of my 4' x 8' ACW "play" table which has eight interlocking 22" x 22" diorama squares custom made for me by Ken Osen (H&A). Here is a "so-so" unedited photo of the entire table - all the scenics and buildings are moveable so that I have the flexibility to change the lanscape details as I wish.

PICT0001.jpg

Excellent to be able to see the entire table Mike, thank you for posting this picture:cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks for the pic its nice to see the ''bigger picture''. Its an excellent diorama
Mitch

I agree nice to see the whole concept......blended well too.........just got me in the mail 6 sets of Corn that Ken sclupted so I will be working on painting them and setting them in clay...........

Thanks for the Calendar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back