ACW - The killing zone (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Can you tell its raining here today (actually thunderstorns). I haven't had this much "play time" with my TS in awhile. In this series I am using what has become my favorite "table" props and backdrop. The 4 Union casulty figures are actually Conte set #ACW57168 "Irish Brigade Casulties" as is the Confederate Officer, the rest are all WB figures and of course everything was made/painted/sculpted by Ken Osen.

As the Yankees approached, we stayed low and held our fire. They were all but upon us when Captain Watkins ordered us to "Stand and by Gawd give them what for". We arose from the tall grass that had concealed us and using the fence in front of us for cover, we unleashed a volley into the surprised Federal regiment. When our smoke cleared the ground in front of us was littered with blue-clad bodies. Those that had survived our lead hornets were in full retreat.
Private Benjamin C. Cartwright, 1863

PICT0001-10.jpg

PICT0002-8.jpg

I love the phrase "lead hornets"

Your Reveal bulb is doing very well by you and getting a workout.

We were watching the PGA in your state and they said t-storms would likely delay the play.

Randy

A highly effective display in a relatively small space Mike. I would love to see a similar set up with these casualties interspersed within a two rank line of charging figures!
Ken

Another great story, enjoyed it so much.......thanks for sharing. The fence is awesome.....

Thanks everyone glad you liked the photos; Randy, Mitch, Ken, rharry, Martyn, Mark, Titus, and Duke.
:) Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back