ACW - Uncommon Valor, Uncommon Brigade (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
The Troiani Historical Miniatures set "The Iron Brigade" which I purchased arrived here Friday evening. This is a seven figure set with display base that depicts a scene from Don Troiani's painting showing the 24th MI fighting in McPhearson's Woods at Gettysburg on July 1, 1863. This is a fabulous set and certainly a great addition to my Iron Brigade collection. This set and my WB "The Chosen Ground" are now my favorite two sets.
:) Mike

B0LUg1wmkKGrHqUOKkEEOo4lBBMZKcWOwfw_12.jpg

B0LUfqg2kKGrHqQOKkEPPnozHvBMZKcRrQ_12.jpg

In these photos I have mixed my new figures in with some of my other Iron Brigade figures. The Iron Brigade certainly always displayed Uncommon Valor making them an Uncommon Brigade in the Union army. I have used Wm Britain, Conte, and the Troiani figures here - the one common thing about them is that they were all sculpted by Ken Osen.

PICT0001a.jpg

PICT0002a.jpg

PICT0003a.jpg

PICT0001-12.jpg

PICT0002-10.jpg

Last edited:
The Troiani Historical Miniatures set "The Iron Brigade" which I purchased arrived here Friday evening. This is a seven figure set with display base that depicts a scene from Don Troiani's painting showing the 24th MI fighting in McPhearson's Woods at Gettysburg on July 1, 1863. This is a fabulous set and certainly a great addition to my Iron Brigade collection. This set and my WB "The Chosen Ground" are now my favorite two sets.

B0LUg1wmkKGrHqUOKkEEOo4lBBMZKcWOwfw_12.jpg

B0LUfqg2kKGrHqQOKkEPPnozHvBMZKcRrQ_12.jpg

Iin these photos I have mixed my new figures in with some of my other Iron Brigade figures. The Iron Brigade certainly always displayed Uncommon Valor making them an Uncommon Brigade in the Union army. I have used Wm Britain, Conte, and the Troiani figures here - the one common thing about them is that they were all sculpted by Ken Osen.

PICT0001a.jpg

PICT0002a.jpg

PICT0003a.jpg

PICT0001-12.jpg

PICT0002-10.jpg

Another nice additon to your Iron Brigade an Union Troops shared with us this AM MIke. I'm sure they'll come into play again on Wed. during your playtime while Joe Baker pays you a visit. Looking forward to seeing the result of his visit an playtime shared together..........The Lt.

Super setup Mike. Your are really taking us into the heart of battle.
You are fast becoming the American UKREB

Randy

Michael,
Nice addition to your collection, all of those older Conte sets sculpted by Ken Osen are superb; yep, all of the older sets Ken did for Conte are terrific.

Love the subject too; The Iron Brigade, uncommon valor and uncommon brigade indeed.

They "took one for the team" essentially the first day at Gettysburg. While the entire Union line crashed down all around them, they stood their ground and bought precious time for the rest of The Army of the Potomac to arrive and take their positions outside of Gettysburgh along East Cemetery Hill, Cemetery Hill and Culps Hill.

Had they not held on as long as they did, who knows what would have happened at Gettysburg...............

In these photos I have mixed my new figures in with some of my other Iron Brigade figures. The Iron Brigade certainly always displayed Uncommon Valor making them an Uncommon Brigade in the Union army. I have used Wm Britain, Conte, and the Troiani figures here - the one common thing about them is that they were all sculpted by Ken Osen.

PICT0001a.jpg

PICT0002a.jpg

PICT0003a.jpg

PICT0001-12.jpg

PICT0002-10.jpg

Great pictures of some very nice sets Mike:cool:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Awesome display as always Mike! I love your use of background material. Quite a collection.

As always, thank you very much; Joe, Jake, Randy, George, Martyn, and Terp152.

Mike...those are some really nice pictures...looks like your getting a good grip on your new lighting system...very nice work...great addittions...

Oh another Masterpiece just wonderful attention to detail......I'm always inspired by the all the great photos.........

Mike!
Your new photo floods make everything blend very well. Your backdrop brings everything to life as a miniature environment too. It seems like you are taking many of the pictures blending various manufacturers work together that I have never gotten around to. I really enjoy viewing your postings when I take a break away from the sculpting side of the work area. By the way... there are already 6 new Confederates sculpted, duplicated, painted and on the way to W. Britain factory. I think your Iron brigade needs some new opposition.

...and George, thank you for your kind comments!
All the Best,
Ken

Great! When does the catalog come out so we can see photos of all the new stuff?

Thank you all; Ron, Michael, rharry, Ken, and Noooo9

Mike!
Your new photo floods make everything blend very well. Your backdrop brings everything to life as a miniature environment too. It seems like you are taking many of the pictures blending various manufacturers work together that I have never gotten around to. I really enjoy viewing your postings when I take a break away from the sculpting side of the work area. By the way... there are already 6 new Confederates sculpted, duplicated, painted and on the way to W. Britain factory. I think your Iron brigade needs some new opposition.

...and George, thank you for your kind comments!
All the Best,
Ken

Now that I am caught up with the Wm Britain/First Gear ACW figures, I am starting to pick up a few other manufactures sets. However, I am trying to be careful to only collect those sets which you have sculpted Ken. This is the main reason why these sets blend nicely together. Six more Confederates is good news to hear also and am looking forward to them - can't have enough Rebs . . . . .

Just got finished with A book about the IB at Gettysburg. Really unreal how they stood and "TOOK IT"!

BTW, Mike, once again, great work!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back