• 60-69

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • 70-79

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Over 80

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Terry,
On a side note, you said your in Cedar Rapids? I've been there several times for training as I used to work for Lefebure. How long has your shop been open, did I miss it years back? Got to admit I wouldn't be looking for such a specialty shop in that size and local.
Ray

Ray...

I grew up five blocks from Lefebure (long since gone from that area, as, of course am I). Knew Ken Watt quite a few years ago, if that name is familiar to you.

The soldier shop was built in 2001, less than two months prior to 9/11...talk about unfortunate timing. Was doing some selling from the shop right away, but it actually had its 'official' opening only this last spring.

Though Lefebure has passed from the scene, if you should be in the area for some other reason, it would be great to have you stop by and visit the little soldier shop in the very unexpected location.

Terry

Ray,

I'm not sure what point I made in the past. I hope it was logical :D

I also looked at your auctions for the past week and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Was there a specific item you're referring to? However, I do think that for people going to the show, you're probably going to hold onto the money you plan to use for the show rather than for auctions. That's what I did last year. Plus, not everybody going to the show is bringing a laptop to keep track of options. So I do think that there is something to what you said, although it's just limited to show-going people.

Ray,

I'm not sure what point I made in the past. I hope it was logical :D

I also looked at your auctions for the past week and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Was there a specific item you're referring to? However, I do think that for people going to the show, you're probably going to hold onto the money you plan to use for the show rather than for auctions. That's what I did last year. Plus, not everybody going to the show is bringing a laptop to keep track of options. So I do think that there is something to what you said, although it's just limited to show-going people.

Sorry if I thought it was you that talked about over production and a lack of retirements recently in another string, as for my recent buys, I got an AK24 scout car complete for under $80.00, a K&C
T-34 and 2 german fall of Berlin figs. for under $63.00 and a WS-10 set for $125.00. you having tracked K&C would know better than I but I felt they were all bargains and better than usual selling prices?
Set me straight if I'm off base on this?
Ray :confused:

It could have been me or John (njja). I think you got a good buy on the WS 10, better than I paid, that's for sure. I don't follow the current items so I probably glossed over those but that's still an excellent price. I hate to break the bad news to you on the AK 24 but according to the listing that was just for the figures, not the vehicle itself.

It could have been me or John (njja). I think you got a good buy on the WS 10, better than I paid, that's for sure. I don't follow the current items so I probably glossed over those but that's still an excellent price. I hate to break the bad news to you on the AK 24 but according to the listing that was just for the figures, not the vehicle itself.

Now there's a first! How did I miss that! what a Dumb***!

I've done it too. Bid on something too hastily and been forced to live with it. You've just joined that club.

That happened to me too but Brad and other members of the forum attrack my attention on my "error" and I was able to retract my bid. Thanks.

Pierre.

I've done it too. Bid on something too hastily and been forced to live with it. You've just joined that club.

I remember now, I was surfing and came upon it with something like 2 minutes left and couldn't believe my luck!
Now I can't believe my eye site, guess I saw what I wanted to see.
Ray :eek:

I remember now, I was surfing and came upon it with something like 2 minutes left and couldn't believe my luck!
Now I can't believe my eye site, guess I saw what I wanted to see.
Ray :eek:

Even after several years of eBay buying I still buy things that my brain says is really dumb, but my heart says go for it. I guess us collectors ignore the following adage to often: "if it looks to good to be true, it probably isn't" :)

DD30 Looks like a no sale. Buyer no longer registered so the $600 never

happened! Bummer for the seller! Better luck on the re-list!

Njja:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back