Alamo diorama build (1 Viewer)

Very nice Alex. May I suggest the the edge running along the berm parallel to the fence is too sharp and not natural looking. You might try softening it up by rounding it off.

This is impressive work and certain fun and instructive to see it evolve as you progress; looking forward to more.

Great progress Alex and loooking good: What paints did you use for ground and walls?

Dont forget to lay some fallen trees the other side and in front of the palisade

Reb

Great progress Alex and loooking good: What paints did you use for ground and walls?

Dont forget to lay some fallen trees the other side and in front of the palisade

Reb

I used some hobby craft paints instead of my Vallejo since these are large areas to paint. The hobby paints are from FolkArt which I used linen color for the ground and camel color for the walls.

I'm debating about the fallen trees because of the limited space.

Very nice Alex. May I suggest the the edge running along the berm parallel to the fence is too sharp and not natural looking. You might try softening it up by rounding it off.

I see what you mean but it was man made and actually the reference where I got this from has a sharp and neat edge so I did alter it a bit. I see if I have enough time to change it but it has to be done by this weekend.

Great Job Alex. I was gone for a week and miss out until today. I am taking notes. Thanks for the tip on the Camel and Linen color from FOLK ART. I was having problems matching colors. I will get those 2 colors today. Thanks.
Lou

I think its 95% done so here are some pictures with more rocks and vegetation.

2601260719_b015de8ff5.jpg

2602088974_b06daeb7e5.jpg

The grass looks brighter in these pictures than in real life.

2601260627_6ae63dda2b_o.jpg

Nice work Alex. Thanks for the pictures and information on making this fine diorama. John

Alex,
Love to see guys having the time to have fun playing! I like the fact that you researched aggressively and just put it all together.

At first the chicken looked like something I would to get a couple chuckles out of myself, but in reality, there were scads of fowl and livestock inside these enclosures throughout history. Looks great and learned lots. Keep it up. Mike

Perfect match, everything is just great. Now it is time to add your figurines.
Cheers

I just read this entire thread from start to finish and I think it's fantastic. Really great job Alex.

Hi Alex,

Once again, you have done a terrific job! Your seemingly endless talents and skills are extremely impressive!

Congratulations for constructing a wonderful diorama. It is a huge pleasure to see it.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Superb to be able to create a excellent DIO in a limit space.

Incredible talent you have my friend....:eek:

Rod.

Alex,

Just wonderful!!! Loved going start to finish with you. I hope your guests love it as much as we do. All the best. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back