All things Conte (1 Viewer)

Re: Seriously - Is CONTE Still in Business ?

Conte really is doing Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book"?
If we get a couple more posts, Simon, we'll have Truth...Pass it On!
I want Sirhan Sirhan!:eek:
Mike

Mike,

Are you for real, they're doing the jungle book?

Vick:confused::confused::confused:

Ah that is a dicey proposition my friend; as Bob so rightly suggests, beauty is a bit in the eye, as they say. I love Conte and have all the metal Spartans and most of the Immortals but I dare say I could post several that meet or exceed that test for me but I will not lest I be accused of being contentious. It seems that can happen when you try and be rational here.;):) Let's just say I agree with your assessment that what he has previewed and promised would impress me and I think be very competitive with the other options available (or not) for those ranges. I will say that while you can argue we have heard it before, I am encouraged by Joe's and Beau's comments even if maybe I just want to believe.;):D

Well, it all depends of taste, I guess. And taste is just like opinion, everyboy's got it!
:D;)

I mean, of course, when I say one can't show me any range better sculted then Conte's Spartans, I mean for my taste one can't show me a better sculpted range, not everyone else's. Isn't that obvious?
:rolleyes:

Cheers...

Uthred

I wasn't aware of any problems with any of the dealers; I have been a Conte dealer from the very beginning and have never had any problems with Conte Collectibles, Richard has gone out of his way several times to ensure I had product for shows.........

I can't say they really existed, only that I heard about them from a former Conte dealer. It could be just gossip, it seems gossiping is part of the hobby...
:confused::confused:

Cheers...

Uthred

Uthred

It is always a little difficult to convey the tone of a comment posted on a forum-but I feel you have perhaps misunderstood both of my posts on this thread.

So let me reiterate as KV responded to one of your comments in big letters:

I REALLY AM A BIG BIG CONTE FAN:):):)

No I do not have every set of Conte Collectibles ever released-what I do have though are many many multiples and conversions of ACW/Rogers Rangers/Woodland Indians and Alamo figures which I have displayed in dios here on the forum. That amount of figures-in my book-allows me to wear the Big Conte Fan mantle and if RC returns with what he has promised I for one will be first in the queue to purchase.
But even though I am a very keen Conte collector I try and avoid posting comments such as yours above even though you are perfectly entitled to your own opinion as there are most probably other guys on here that might not agree with you.;) That's all I was trying to say:):):)

Reb

My dear Reb,

I believ I mentioned a couple of days ago my first language is not English. So I excuse myself if any collector does not understands me. When I'm reading, not writing, I know just what being said. I translate books, did you know that? I think I mentioned that before as well. That said I want you to rest assured Iunderstood you are a fan of Conte, never doubted it, and never said otherwise (there's really no need for bi letters, is there?).

I know what you mean, but I think it rather odd, you should worry some people will not like my comment. Do I care for them? No, I don't and so shouldn't you! I have a life, you see... I don't waste my life being 'victimized' at forums, I am a writer, I win through politeness and reason, not execration.
:D

I know this should be a rule around forums.
:cool:

For those that don't like my opinion, my only comment is:
:p

Cheers...

Uthred

With a nod to all the movie buffs here, but I was watching Disney's " The Jungle Book " last night. The original one not the rip off redo from a few years ago. There is that scene with the four Liverpudlian vultures. They are sitting around and the one says " SO what are we going to do today"
The other says " I don't know what do you want to do today"
This conversation goes on and on for a while.
Then Sher Khan the tiger appears.
We have these deja vu type discussions about Conte.

I hope one day to opne a Conte thread and hear that a whole batch of AZW stuff is sitting in the wherehouse just waiting to be dispatched.
The wait is killing me.

Now Damian called the guys that start rumors about Conte Collectibles vultures.
:rolleyes:

See how I know what you gentlemen are talking about?
:D;)

I just realised Richard Conte could have vultures on his upcoming Western series. A nice way to pay homage to the fellows that keep putting him out of business, if you ask me.
:D

Cheers...

Uthred

Jungle Book? Alice in Wonderland. How about a Kipling figure or an Uncle Walt figure? Cheshire Cat maybe?????;);)

The White Rabbit?

Yep, and each is packaged in it's own box with a sample of a mind-altering drug so you can fool yourself into thinking you'll collect the whole range!

Well Stanley, here is another fine mess you have gotten me into.;):rolleyes:

I just cannot take you guys anywhere. :D:D
So any news about the Conte Zulus then?:D

Hey guys lets get back to the question !
Eboriss said
"I have a philosophy about this subject, if a super model passed gas would ask her to leave your bed and go home? I think not".

Are we talking Naomi Campbell, Elle McPherson or Kate Moss ?:D:D:D:D

Brett

Hey guys lets get back to the question !
Eboriss said
"I have a philosophy about this subject, if a super model passed gas would ask her to leave your bed and go home? I think not".

Are we talking Naomi Campbell, Elle McPherson or Kate Moss ?:D:D:D:D

Brett
It's like Baskin Robbins, 31 flavors take your pick.

Well its been a couple of days now and I have not heard a reply to my email ?

Not sure what that means ? :confused:

I wish Richard would keep updating his website and be clear on what is happening with his company. Collectors who ask - are the ones who you want to keep informed because they care & spend money on your product. ;)

I'm really disappointed in Conte.If he cared about his customers and business he would be more forthcoming.He doesn't have to come on here but he could update his website.He talks a good game about mismanagement and how things are gonna change but we certainly don't see it yet.He says how hard it is to move a business and I believe him but he could provide an update every few days to let us know what's going on.I was going to buy a couple of those Zulu sets but I'm not now as it going to be the same old thing.First 6 sets come and then you wait months and months for the next 6 and then months and months for the third set of 6,etc.,etc.He is the only manufacturer that has problems and delays with EVERY range he develops.I'm sure all manufactureers have some problems with their products but not EVERY time.
Mark

Guess What ?

Richard CONTE - just responded to my email ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

He is still working through his inventory and set up his business in North Carolina - he is committed to opening soon - HOWEVER, nothing specific in a date !

He was charming in his response about the rumours about his business and promises to be bigger than ever. AND MORE VIKINGS ARE ON THE WAY ! I am sure our barbarian friend in Brazil will be trilled.

So - I am not sure where this leave us - but, he is still alive and kicking and we will just keep our fingers crossed.

Ron

Guess What ?

Richard CONTE - just responded to my email ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

He is still working through his inventory and set up his business in North Carolina - he is committed to opening soon - HOWEVER, nothing specific in a date !

He was charming in his response about the rumours about his business and promises to be bigger than ever. AND MORE VIKINGS ARE ON THE WAY ! I am sure our barbarian friend in Brazil will be trilled.

So - I am not sure where this leave us - but, he is still alive and kicking and we will just keep our fingers crossed.

Ron

Ron,
Appreciate the update and passing along the info. Maybe Conte is ramping up to be bigger and better, even in this **** economy. Thanks
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back