All things Conte (2 Viewers)

Re: Seriously - Is CONTE Still in Business ?

It's like Baskin Robbins, 31 flavors take your pick.

OK, so Naomi would be Chocolate, Kate Moss would be a green flavor, say Peppermint, and Elle would be a Bronzed Aussie ;) :D

Guess What ?

Richard CONTE - just responded to my email ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

He is still working through his inventory and set up his business in North Carolina - he is committed to opening soon - HOWEVER, nothing specific in a date !

He was charming in his response about the rumours about his business and promises to be bigger than ever. AND MORE VIKINGS ARE ON THE WAY ! I am sure our barbarian friend in Brazil will be trilled.

So - I am not sure where this leave us - but, he is still alive and kicking and we will just keep our fingers crossed.

Ron

Did I get that right, Richard Conte is clearing everything out on eBay - then moving to Brazil :confused: :eek:

Hey Ron it sounds good. Hopefully ....Plastic Immortals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess What ?

Richard CONTE - just responded to my email ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

He is still working through his inventory and set up his business in North Carolina - he is committed to opening soon - HOWEVER, nothing specific in a date !

He was charming in his response about the rumours about his business and promises to be bigger than ever. AND MORE VIKINGS ARE ON THE WAY ! I am sure our barbarian friend in Brazil will be trilled.

So - I am not sure where this leave us - but, he is still alive and kicking and we will just keep our fingers crossed.

Ron

I'm thrilled, Ron! You got that right! Both Richard Conte and I love Vikings!
:D

Well its been a couple of days now and I have not heard a reply to my email ?

Not sure what that means ? :confused:

I wish Richard would keep updating his website and be clear on what is happening with his company. Collectors who ask - are the ones who you want to keep informed because they care & spend money on your product. ;)

A couple of days? I won an auction (and paid for it) a week ago and still haven't heard from him.
:confused:

I guess I'm a patient man.
;)

When it rains ....

Got another email from Richard - it does sound like we will be seeing full operations very soon.

Oh Yea !

Well I won't hold my breath.

I was a victim over the hype regarding Conte's buildings. Put a deposit on several of his "you bewt" buildings and waited 12 months - waste of time after all the expectation. Why was it a waste ? THe BLOODY things never arrived.

I realise the accepted practice on this forum is to be upbeat and positive about manufacturers. But surely Mr Conte understands that, to make a sale, he has to have SOMETHING TO SELL.

I would love to purchase a complete set of plastic US GIs. I can't go to Wal- mart (none in Aussie) and I won't use Ebay for OS purchases. My local dealer is reliable (if expensive) but he gets treated as badly as me.

I do hope that the "rumours" regarding all Conte dealers being dumped is incorrect as Mr Conte will lose a very substantial part of his business IMHO. In contrast Buid- a rama and K&C have it all over Conte in the supply of their product and consequently they would be earning income.

In business school, students learn from successful business models. I would suggest that Mr Conte do the same.

BTW MR Conte's website is, IMHO, full of self- indulgent hype. Again I compare it to Buid- a rama.

Thats my opinion.

When it rains ....

Got another email from Richard - it does sound like we will be seeing full operations very soon.

Oh Yea !

Ron, he sent you another email? Well I paid for my ebay auction, shipping included, 8 days ago and still got no news from him?

In the auction one reads that shipping may take up to 10 days, but that's not reasonable, is it? 10 days is such a long time...

Uthred

Well I won't hold my breath.

I was a victim over the hype regarding Conte's buildings. Put a deposit on several of his "you bewt" buildings and waited 12 months - waste of time after all the expectation. Why was it a waste ? THe BLOODY things never arrived.

I realise the accepted practice on this forum is to be upbeat and positive about manufacturers. But surely Mr Conte understands that, to make a sale, he has to have SOMETHING TO SELL.

I would love to purchase a complete set of plastic US GIs. I can't go to Wal- mart (none in Aussie) and I won't use Ebay for OS purchases. My local dealer is reliable (if expensive) but he gets treated as badly as me.

I do hope that the "rumours" regarding all Conte dealers being dumped is incorrect as Mr Conte will lose a very substantial part of his business IMHO. In contrast Buid- a rama and K&C have it all over Conte in the supply of their product and consequently they would be earning income.

In business school, students learn from successful business models. I would suggest that Mr Conte do the same.

BTW MR Conte's website is, IMHO, full of self- indulgent hype. Again I compare it to Buid- a rama.

Thats my opinion.

We are upbeat for the most part aren't we? Ah well that is half the fun the hich before the crushing low of no new Conte. There are still plenty of the plastic GI's around at the dealers shelves. Hope you get them all they are really nice.

Ron, he sent you another email? Well I paid for my ebay auction, shipping included, 8 days ago and still got no news from him?

In the auction one reads that shipping may take up to 10 days, but that's not reasonable, is it? 10 days is such a long time...

Uthred
You might inquire. I bought several of the Roman/Barbarians that way and got them all within 10 days. I did not get shipping notices on all of those. International is of course more complicated and I have no idea of the time to you.

Uthred, don,t know how much experiance you have with postage from the USA to Brazil, but I had a winner of one of my auctions from Brazil, and it took 6 weeks to get his item which was sent International 1st class.
Gary

Guys - I am not defending all the problems of the past with CONTE - All I am saying the recent email exchange with him & myself has been on the new operations and his re-opening his business.

I believe Richard had to learn some hard lessons on letting "others" do your work for you. He is trying to move his entire company closer to him - I for one am willing to cut him a little slack.

Now - after this move we should have expectations of better business practices - so we shall see.

On the rumor of dealers being let go - He never said that to me and actually - stated that he is going to reach out more to his current network of dealers better in the future - so I guess I came away with an entirely different impression than those rumors.

Richard with all his faults - does make some great - very artistic - Toy Soldiers. I wish him well and hope for the best ! :)

Uthred, don,t know how much experiance you have with postage from the USA to Brazil, but I had a winner of one of my auctions from Brazil, and it took 6 weeks to get his item which was sent International 1st class.
Gary

Gary,

since 1991 I have received over 400 (four hundred!) packages from the USA. They usually take 7 to 10 days to arrive. The problem with Conte's delay is that after 9 days he has yet not sent the package, or failed to leave the tracking number on Pay Pal as promised.

All the best,

Uthred

Richard with all his faults - does make some great - very artistic - Toy Soldiers. I wish him well and hope for the best ! :)[/QUOTE]

That's what makes it frustrating.He does make great soldiers.If he could put out soldiers on a regular basis like other companies he would be # 1 bar none.and he should continue with ranges that are successful instead of 20-25 sets and that's it.
Mark

Richard with all his faults - does make some great - very artistic - Toy Soldiers. I wish him well and hope for the best ! :)

That's what makes it frustrating.He does make great soldiers.If he could put out soldiers on a regular basis like other companies he would be # 1 bar none.and he should continue with ranges that are successful instead of 20-25 sets and that's it.
Mark[/QUOTE]

I hear your pain Mark. Time will tell with Conte.

Uthred

I have won two lots of items from Conte and the shipping was good takes just under two weeks so no complaints there :).
My only problem is i gave him good feedback only to get nothing back :(.
I might buy from him again (on Ebay) but wont bother giving him a feedback.

I have won two lots of items from Conte and the shipping was good takes just under two weeks so no complaints there :).

Well, I bought a set from Tom (tdubel here in the forum) the other day and after I paid (3rd day), it took only six days to arrive...
:cool::cool:

It's been 9 days since I paid Conte and I still haven't heard from him.

I am anxious because I love those Conte little guys, you know?
:D;)

Cheers...

Uthred

I don't think he has ever given feedback to buyers.

Is Richard Conte ever on treefrog?? since this is a great way to communicate with your fellow customers and have some give and take once in awhile would help your business as well as keeping us up to date, just curious to know...Sammy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back