All things Conte (3 Viewers)

Re: Seriously - Is CONTE Still in Business ?

Never mind, forgot to scroll down the page!

Vick:eek:

I try not to buy something from an e-bayer that has so much fine print...It scares me that if I miss one thing, I'm screwed...And I read too much of that s%#t on a daily basis as it is.
Mike
I am not bothered by that. Either they deliver and it doesn't matter or they don't in which case you complain and eventually get your money back in the extreme case. Nothing in the fine print changes those basics and the absense of it doesn't make it any better.;)

Well that's a relief we appear to be discussing RC's ebay foray quite calmly now as when I raised it on here I got absolutely blistered for it :eek:

So I'll try again:-

Can someone give me any logical reason why a major TS manufacturer-with some of the best sculpted figures ever to be put on the market and wanting, according to the man himself, to still retain his customer and dealer base- is selling reams of his old stock at non-inflated prices on evil-bay?

Beats the hell out of me :confused:

Reb

If/when this all comes to fruition I think I may look at the AZW and the cowboy series.

Heres the pics from the preview:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Vick

Well that's a relief we appear to be discussing RC's ebay foray quite calmly now as when I raised it on here I got absolutely blistered for it :eek:

So I'll try again:-

Can someone give me any logical reason why a major TS manufacturer-with some of the best sculpted figures ever to be put on the market and wanting, according to the man himself, to still retain his customer and dealer base- is selling reams of his old stock at non-inflated prices on evil-bay?

Beats the hell out of me :confused:

Reb

Reb, I can think of a number of reasons. The first being he's selling old stuff to make room for the new stuff he is preparing right now. One could argue he could fill lots of backorders with those, but this way he'd be in a nightmare: Who gets what? On ebay everybody's got a chance to get something.

It makes sense to me.

Cheers...

Uthred

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Vick

Now, that's what I call real Barbarians!!!!!!!
:cool::D:cool:

I don't care waiting for them. The good things in life are all worth waiting for.
:D

Cheers...

Uthred

Now, that's what I call real Barbarians!!!!!!!
:cool::D:cool:

I don't care waiting for them. The good things in life are all worth waiting for.

Cheers...

Uthred

The Zouave in hand to hand combat vs. the CSA officer looks quite good too!!

Vick

The Zouave in hand to hand combat vs. the CSA officer looks quite good too!!

Vick

They really do, Vick. I was just looking at these and they look terrific! I mean, where can one find that kind of sculpting and action except in Conte's toy soldiers?
:D:D:D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Vick

Don't want to be called a rivet counter but does that Roman Centurion on his horse have stirrups. I stand to be corrected but I thought stirrups were introduced to Europe by the Huns .

Don't want to be called a rivet counter but does that Roman Centurion on his horse have stirrups. I stand to be corrected but I thought stirrups were introduced to Europe by the Huns .

Damian, I believe you are correct about the stirrups. Is this figure based off Livius from the "Fall of the Roman Empire"?

Vick

He does have stirrups, Damian, but the Huns did not introduce stirrups on Europe. As a matter of fact there's an ongoing academical debate whether the Huns did or did not use stirrups themselves! It seems their tactical advantages were given by their composite bows, not their riding gear.

It depends on what author you read, really.
:confused:

Anyway... there will never be a definite date for the introduction of stirrups in Europe. Opinions vary. They only depend on flimsy archeological evidence, that's not always readily available.

Do I think he should wear stirrups? Probably not...
:confused:

Do I care he does? No way! He's a toy soldier, not the real thing...
:D:cool:

I always want historical accuracy in the academic books I read, not on the toy soldiers I collect or movies I watch.
;)

Cheers...

Uthred

Can anyone identify these? Are they Moors? Is Conte finally planning on giving El Cid some much needed enemies?

Cheers...

Uthred

They could possibly be the enemy for the FFL!

Vick

Maybe they are meant to fight the FFL but they would probably have guns if that was so.
Mark

They look like Crusader era Saracens to me. -- lancer

Reb, I can think of a number of reasons. The first being he's selling old stuff to make room for the new stuff he is preparing right now. One could argue he could fill lots of backorders with those, but this way he'd be in a nightmare: Who gets what? On ebay everybody's got a chance to get something.

It makes sense to me.

Cheers...

Uthred

If someone had backordered something and has been waiting for months they should have first chance at getting it.How would you feel if you had ordered something and they say they are out of stock and then see it being sold on ebay.I know I would really be ticked off to put in mildly.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back