All things Conte (3 Viewers)

Re: Seriously - Is CONTE Still in Business ?

Yes Uthred i did se that and by Odin i will claim him.

Me too!

I think we're finally going to get two favorites of mine I've been waiting for 10 years: The Wheel of Adultery and The Wolf Pit!
:cool::cool:

Cheers...

Uthred

Me too!

I think we're finally going to get two favorites of mine I've been waiting for 10 years: The Wheel of Adultery and The Wolf Pit!
:cool::cool:

Cheers...

Uthred

I remember seing the wheel of Adultery on the Conte site wich looked great straight out of the movie.
the wolf pit sounds good to me would love to se that :cool:

Just got off the phone with R/C. I say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See my other post in Conte's Back!

So, what did the exalted one have to say?
I had this great post and it got lost:eek: It was a great conversation. I learned a few things about the process of toy soldier making. He really likes making stuff and he loves the feedback. Some people will never be happy(unless they are complaining though). I liked talking to him and the conversation went all over the road. There will be Immortals. It takes time to do this it does not happen over night. The Spartans have caused him to look at other plastic lines with new eyes. He did say that after this though, what comes next will most likely be more challenging to top. I believe he is very proud of the Spartan line.

The conversation went on for an hour and a half. Somethings were told in confidentiality. I will say this too He answers 100 to 125 calls a week. He is more likely to respond to constructive criticism if one is going to criticise.

In regards the move, He is still finding stuff that he did not know that he had or had been mismarked He has found things that he thought were sold out for more than a year in a box marked damaged empty boxes.:eek:

RC seemed to me to be a gentleman and I am glad to have made his acquaintance:)

Since starting this thread - I have had many opportunities to exchange emails with Richard Conte as well.

Like KV has said - he is a fine gentleman.

After those conversations - I have come to believe that Conte IS IN BUSINESS and we will soon see many great things from this company. I wish him well with the massive effort that is going on now to re-start his business.

It is very easy for guys like us to be critical - but until we walk in the shoes of a Toy Soldier maker - we simply don't know all the things that go into producing our favorite figures. I am not overlooking Conte's mistakes in the past - but, this move is a tremendous effort and we all will enjoy a great NEW Conte Store after its done.

Anyway - I thought I should update my thoughts since the beginning of this thread.

Ron

I had this great post and it got lost:eek: It was a great conversation. I learned a few things about the process of toy soldier making. He really likes making stuff and he loves the feedback. Some people will never be happy(unless they are complaining though). I liked talking to him and the conversation went all over the road. There will be Immortals. It takes time to do this it does not happen over night. The Spartans have caused him to look at other plastic lines with new eyes. He did say that after this though, what comes next will most likely be more challenging to top. I believe he is very proud of the Spartan line.

The conversation went on for an hour and a half. Somethings were told in confidentiality. I will say this too He answers 100 to 125 calls a week. He is more likely to respond to constructive criticism if one is going to criticise.

In regards the move, He is still finding stuff that he did not know that he had or had been mismarked He has found things that he thought were sold out for more than a year in a box marked damaged empty boxes.:eek:

RC seemed to me to be a gentleman and I am glad to have made his acquaintance:)
Did he indicate in this conversation when we might see something on the market?

It's one thing to be a great guy but as the head of the company you can't divorce yourself from its actions or inactions.

Why don't you invite him to join and state his position.

It's one thing to be a great guy but as the head of the company you can't divorce yourself from its actions or inactions.

Why don't you invite him to join and state his position.

I have asked him to do so. He believes that it would add fuel to the fires of those people who constantly seem to go out of their way to bad mouth him. This is how I understand his reason for not joining us. Seems reasonable to me. There are some people who make a career of criticizing with no real basis. He explained it a lot better than I just did. I will leave it this way. He does not care to. I remarked that there are a lot of fans here, but he remains firm, and I respect that.

C'Ron you hit it right on the head. It takes an awful lot of work to produce figures. He is not a big company(His own words). But he will continue to make soldiers. His figures are great because he is a perfectionist.;)

From what I understand people love his stuff but what drives them crazy is the lack of customer service or product being available.

Those are the kinds of things that can get people frustrated. As an aside, it was Andy's inability to get toy soldiers and lack of customer service that drove him to start K & C.

From what I understand people love his stuff but what drives them crazy is the lack of customer service or product being available.

Those are the kinds of things that can get people frustrated. As an aside, it was Andy's inability to get toy soldiers and lack of customer service that drove him to start K & C.

But since you already stated you don't buy his stuff, why do you care? Each person really decides with their wallet, don't you think?

Personally I love that K&C, Collectors Showcase, and First Legion (the brands I happen to follow) jump on here and throw some posts up. Matt at First Legion is really great because he engages in so many different topics with us. But Mr. Conte does have the choice to stay out of it and when you read the negative things that sometimes get thrown at his company you really cant blame him.

Yep! His figures are great! But his customer service is poor, I would just like to know what happened to these sets

WW2-098 GI’s Landing

WW2-099 GI’s Falling Wounded

WW2-100 GI’s Taking Cover

WW2-101 Bangalore Team

WW2-086 Dead Jerries (German Wehrmacht dead) Photos Coming Soon

WW2-087 Wounded Wehrmacht (German wounded
poses) Photos Coming Soon

WW2-088 A Monumental Defense ( 2 GIS hunkered down behind statue of William on stone pedestal) Photos Coming Soon

WW2-093 Beach obstacles set 5 Photos Coming Soon

Here's the full link:http://conteco.com/TheStore/WW2-TLD/05WW2blitz.htm

Vick

Yep! His figures are great! But his customer service is poor, I would just like to know what happened to these sets

WW2-098 GI’s Landing

WW2-099 GI’s Falling Wounded

WW2-100 GI’s Taking Cover

WW2-101 Bangalore Team

WW2-086 Dead Jerries (German Wehrmacht dead) Photos Coming Soon

WW2-087 Wounded Wehrmacht (German wounded
poses) Photos Coming Soon

WW2-088 A Monumental Defense ( 2 GIS hunkered down behind statue of William on stone pedestal) Photos Coming Soon

WW2-093 Beach obstacles set 5 Photos Coming Soon

Here's the full link:http://conteco.com/TheStore/WW2-TLD/05WW2blitz.htm

Vick

[/QUOTE

I cetainly do not know, but, I bet if you ask him nicely he will tell you.:)

[/QUOTE]

I cetainly do not know, but, I bet if you ask him nicely he will tell you.:)[/quote]

Well I like to dream it will come out soon:D, because I can't start my diodrama, until I can get the bangalore team, and GIs landing!:eek:

Vick

I cetainly do not know, but, I bet if you ask him nicely he will tell you.:)[/quote]

Well I like to dream it will come out soon:D, because I can't start my diodrama, until I can get the bangalore team, and GIs landing!:eek:

Vick[/QUOTE]

You know if you like the figures in plastic they are fairly easy to modify. All one needs is a little glue, some putty and a sharp knife. A little imagination does not hurt either. Are you thinking of a SPR scene?

I cetainly do not know, but, I bet if you ask him nicely he will tell you.:)

Vick[/quote]

You know if you like the figures in plastic they are fairly easy to modify. All one needs is a little glue, some putty and a sharp knife. A little imagination does not hurt either. Are you thinking of a SPR scene?[/quote]

A little bit of SPR, with a little bit of the Longest day mixed in! I've considered plastic conversions, but I'm terrible at painting figures, no way as skilled with the brush like you KV!!! and have no idea what paints to use to match up the figures with Britains/Conte/ONTC.

Vick

Vick

You know if you like the figures in plastic they are fairly easy to modify. All one needs is a little glue, some putty and a sharp knife. A little imagination does not hurt either. Are you thinking of a SPR scene?[/quote]

A little bit of SPR, with a little bit of the Longest day mixed in! I've considered plastic conversions, but I'm terrible at painting figures, no way as skilled with the brush like you KV!!! and have no idea what paints to use to match up the figures with Britains/Conte/ONTC.

Vick[/QUOTE]

Well I can do the work for you!

Well you are the Da Vinci of toy soldier painting! The plasitc spartans you painted are amazing!

picture.php

GO SPARTY!!!!:p

Vick:D

But since you already stated you don't buy his stuff, why do you care? Each person really decides with their wallet, don't you think?

My interests aren't so narrow as some that I don't care about what happends in the hobby or other collectors, especially when I have some friends who collect Conte. I assume that isn't a problem for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back