Andy Neilson preview and listening tour of Australia (1 Viewer)

There are quite a few awesome surprises there. Andy definately has some good stuff coming up for us

The Beatles is interesting although I will probably stick with the set I have. I hope Andy has permission from the Beatles as Apple is litigious in defending their intellectual property.

Set up looks great, is there a bit of a mixture i see there, Thomas Gunn WAAF [I have all 4 of those RAF6A/B RAF7A/B] and bunker, plus do i spy a Del Prado female figure as well, which i also use in my K & C RAF dios. I think they need a Guard, that RAF Guard T Gunn did with the sten would fit right in as well.

CjTvuGa.jpg

Saw this and my eyes were drawn to the guy at the back right, he will fit right in with one of my Roman British Dioramas. See picture from Corbridge museum, he could have been working on one of these monuments.

Corbridge_Roman_Site3.jpg

View attachment 340203

Saw this and my eyes were drawn to the guy at the back right, he will fit right in with one of my Roman British Dioramas. See picture from Corbridge museum, he could have been working on one of these monuments.

View attachment 340204

With Andy often using the illustrations by the late Ron Embleton, who had the knack of bringing the past to life with his drawings, I love it when I recognise a figure that Andy has used as the basis of his inspiration.
Think I would probably buy the majority of such inspired ones, and when I think of it I have !
Such as many of the life of Jesus Romans, can be traced to Embleton's illustrations from the magazines many of read in the 1960s here in the UK such as Tell me Why and Look and Learn.

Steve, I haven't seen those children's books here in Australia. However I recall having a few Lady Bird books as a child. Not sure who they were illustrated by, but do remember I loved reading them, there seemed to be a lot of red buses, rain and umbrellas ;)

Whilst these kids educational magazines may of been light on content, trying to interest as may as possible and hoping to inspire children to be more curious and wanting to delve deeper into things.
The illustrations and the illustrators who drew them, were generally of a good standard and what young boys in particular could fail to be engrossed by eight stories whether they were historical fact such as the Eagle standard bearer of the Xth Legion leading by his brave example or the historical fiction of the Last of the Mohicans !

Perhaps there were similar magazines covering similar themes in Oz, NZ, US and Canada etc.

Attachments

• s-l400.png
    s-l400.png
    315.4 KB · Views: 11
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 11
Great to hear about the Hartmann ME109, did you see which ME109 it was? Is it the one that is currently in the American Heritage Museum? Those markings? I have all of K & C RAF and Luftwaffe planes and this one is a must have plane. Maybe there will be some more ground crew and hopefully German vehicles as well.

Great to hear about the Hartmann ME109, did you see which ME109 it was? Is it the one that is currently in the American Heritage Museum? Those markings? I have all of K & C RAF and Luftwaffe planes and this one is a must have plane. Maybe there will be some more ground crew and hopefully German vehicles as well.
Unfortunately aircraft recognition is not one of my strong points !

This new forum setup has some pros and cons, one pro is I can now post photos without a hosting site, I can see why the old system considered my photos were to large to post ha ha

One Con is you can't edit your posts after 3 minutes, I hope the IT guy can increase the edit time to say 15 minutes to allow additions to photos etc.

Those Hueys have terrific detail, get em while you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back