Anglo Boer War 1899 – 1902 (1 Viewer)

GICOP

Registered Member
I thought I would start a thread dedicated to the Anglo Boer War 1899 – 1902.

Trophy of Wales, among other great Toy Soldier manufacturers, had a wonderful series of sets available to collect when they were in business and I have been very lucky to have found most of the catalogued Trophy sets along with a few that were produced as "Specials"

Here is a picture taken from the magazine “With The Flag To Pretoria”

forcedmarchhighlanders.jpg

Here is my attempt to recreate the scene using all Trophy figures, including the puppy

forcedmarchblackandwhite.jpg

Here is the same picture in colour

forcedmarch.jpg

I will be adding more as time goes by, please feel free to add your own

Cheers

Martyn:)

Nicely done Martyn . . . . The "real life" reference photos are very interesting and your interpretation of the same through your TS is spot on . . . . . .

:smile2: Mike

Nicely done Martyn . . . . The "real life" reference photos are very interesting and your interpretation of the same through your TS is spot on . . . . . .

:smile2: Mike

Many thanks Mike :salute::

Cheers

I thought I would start a thread dedicated to the Anglo Boer War 1899 – 1902.

Trophy of Wales, among other great Toy Soldier manufacturers, had a wonderful series of sets available to collect when they were in business and I have been very lucky to have found most of the catalogued Trophy sets along with a few that were produced as "Specials"

Here is a picture taken from the magazine “With The Flag To Pretoria”

forcedmarchhighlanders.jpg

Here is my attempt to recreate the scene using all Trophy figures, including the puppy

forcedmarchblackandwhite.jpg

Here is the same picture in colour

forcedmarch.jpg

I will be adding more as time goes by, please feel free to add your own

Cheers

Love the way you captured the above with both of your photos duplicating the scene above them but I must say I do favor the colour photo over the black and white one. Trophy really stands out in colour and thank you Martyn for creating the thread.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Love the way you captured the above with both of your photos duplicating the scene above them but I must say I do favor the colour photo over the black and white one. Trophy really stands out in colour and thank you Martyn for creating the thread.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Many thanks Joe :salute::

Cheers mate

Martyn, this is just an excuse for you to buy more Trophy figures isn't it? {sm2} {sm4}

Jeff :salute::

Martyn, this is just an excuse for you to buy more Trophy figures isn't it? {sm2} {sm4}

Jeff :salute::

As if I'd need an excuse Jeff ^&grin :salute::

Cheers

Boers surprised on a kopje at Belmont by The Grenadier Guards

bwsurprisingtheboer.jpg

grenadierguardsboerssurprisedblackandwhite.jpg

grenadierguardsboerssurprised.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

You've done some fine work with these set ups in replicating the prints or art work. It's nice to see the many different ways that we all can use our toy soldiers so creatively.

Mark

Martyn,

You've done some fine work with these set ups in replicating the prints or art work. It's nice to see the many different ways that we all can use our toy soldiers so creatively.

Mark

Many thanks Mark, glad you like them :salute::

Cheers

Martyn,

Mark

Amen to that.

Martyn,
You are putting your wonderful collection to good use. It looks like your guys were used as a model for the prints.
Brian

Beautiful work, Martyn.
A very nice way to display parts of the collection.
Konrad

Martyn

An exceptional idea and brilliantly executed.......Well done sir!

Look forward to having a long chat with you in December, that's of course if I can locate you amongst the Teddy Bear & Sindy stalls {eek3}

Bob

Amen to that.

:salute::

Martyn,
You are putting your wonderful collection to good use. It looks like your guys were used as a model for the prints.
Brian

Many thanks Brian :salute::

Beautiful work, Martyn.
A very nice way to display parts of the collection.
Konrad

Many thanks Konrad :salute::

Martyn

An exceptional idea and brilliantly executed.......Well done sir!

Look forward to having a long chat with you in December, that's of course if I can locate you amongst the Teddy Bear & Sindy stalls {eek3}

Bob

Many thanks Bob, it will be great to catch up in December.{bravo}}

I promise to stay well away from the Sindy and Teddy Bears stalls, but haven't seen a room plan yet. By the way the Car Parking prices look a bit scary{eek3}

Cheers

Martyn

An exceptional idea and brilliantly executed.......Well done sir!Look forward to having a long chat with you in December, that's of course if I can locate you amongst the Teddy Bear & Sindy stalls {eek3}

Bob

Ditto's on what Bob said, Martyn ..... another corker of a thread and executed to perfection. {bravo}}

Don't have any idea about "Sindy" though. ^&confuse:tongue:

B.

Ditto's on what Bob said, Martyn ..... another corker of a thread and executed to perfection. {bravo}}

B.

Got to agree with both you and Bob Buster on the thread and would be great if I was able to join them at the show in December across the pond.{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

B.

Glad you like the thread Buster and have no fear about Sindy, I'm strictly an Action Man myself ^&grin

Got to agree with both you and Bob Buster on the thread and would be great if I was able to join them at the show in December across the pond.{bravo}}{bravo}}

Joe, you would be Guest Of Honour mate, without a doubt {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers mate

Great job bringing the photos to life Martyn. Good pics of figs I have not seen before. Thanks for posting. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back