Anglo Boer War 1899 - 1902 (1 Viewer)

February 1900 - Launch No.1 patrols the Tugela river manned by Naval Brigade personnel

A Boer commando has been spotted on the far river bank.The Naval Brigade keep the Boers heads down with rifle and Maxim gun fire while signal flag communication is made with a British patrol on the opposite bank

Cheers

Martyn:)

February 1900 - Launch No.1 patrols the Tugela river manned by Naval Brigade personnel

After meeting up with a mule supply column the launch is restocked

Cheers

Figures and launch - Little Legion

Jetty - TM Terrain

Cheers

Figures and launch - Little Legion

Jetty - TM Terrain

Cheers

Information is exchanged regarding the last observed Boer Commando activity

Cheers

Hi Martyn,

Next time you talk to Mike ask about a maxim gun on a carriage.....he has it on a stad for the launch why not on a set of wheels.....he actually assembled one for me see the pic below....I also take an opportunity to share the one made my the late Craig from WETS....
IMG_2904.JPGIMG_2903.JPG

Cheers

Cheers

Like the busy port scene. A lot in that one. Chris

Martyn...
the boat and dock are fantastic...
one of the most comprehensive pictures you have ever shared...
all of those figures work perfect with it...

I especially love that boat!

Hi Martyn,

Next time you talk to Mike ask about a maxim gun on a carriage.....he has it on a stad for the launch why not on a set of wheels.....he actually assembled one for me see the pic below....I also take an opportunity to share the one made my the late Craig from WETS....

Like the busy port scene. A lot in that one. Chris

Martyn...
the boat and dock are fantastic...
one of the most comprehensive pictures you have ever shared...
all of those figures work perfect with it...

I especially love that boat!

Many thanks Michael, Chris and Luiz :salute::

.....and Luis, I don't think we will have tooooo long to wait ^&grin

Cheers

The Maxim gun crew take a well earned break

Cheers

The launch is quickly restocked

Cheers

....a chance to grab a quick drink

Cheers

Cheers

Martyn, you've posted hundreds (okay, thousands :tongue:) of great pictures, but this has to rank right there with the best of them ..... if fact this whole series of pics featuring your LL Simon's Town Launch and BW NB figures is superb.

{bravo}} {bravo}} {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Martyn, you've posted hundreds (okay, thousands :tongue:) of great pictures, but this has to rank right there with the best of them ..... if fact this whole series of pics featuring your LL Simon's Town Launch and BW NB figures is superb.

Many thanks Buster, glad you like them :salute::

Cheers

Nearly time to return to Simon's Town

Cheers

Have to agree with Buster, stunning series. Chris

March 1900 - Simon's Town

The launch is back in Simon's Town to collect a new crew and will be ready to resume patrol now that a searchlight has been fitted

Cheers

March 1900 - Simon's Town

The launch is back in Simon's Town, a steam launch comes along side

Figures - Little Legion and Trophy

Launch No.1 - Little Legion

Steam launch - All my own work^&grin

Wharves - K&C

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back