March 1900 - Simon's Town

The launch is back in Simon's Town,the wharf is a hive of activity

Cheers

Martyn:)

The launch is back in Simon's Town,the wharf is a hive of activity

Cheers

Great scene Martyn. THe searchlight is a nice touch. Love the blue launch. Chris

A newspaper reporter interviews a couple of Naval Brigade Officers

Figures - Little Legion and Trophy

Cheers

The relief crew arrive

Cheers

The new searchlight is mounted and ready

Cheers

Signalling across the harbour

Cheers

Brilliant thread Martyn, have very much enjoyed your great pictures and storyline ..... well done. {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Martyn...

nice pictures...

this is an especially nice piece...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 75
Martyn...

nice pictures...

Many thanks Michael :salute::

The Maxim gun you like is from the LL Nile launch, Mike at LL made a few extra for me, they have come in quite useful:wink2:

Cheers

Martyn...

nice pictures...

To re issue a statement that I have been saying for the last 4 years all Mike needs to do now is add a carriage to the Maxim and release soldiers sporting Lee Metfords instead of Henry Martins to be period right...{sm2} It hearts the eye seeing a Maxim manchinegun next to troops carrying Henry Martins....Any History or Military Historian can spor the inconsitency.....
Cheers
Luiz

To re issue a statement that I have been saying for the last 4 years all Mike needs to do now is add a carriage to the Maxim and release soldiers sporting Lee Metfords instead of Henry Martins to be period right...{sm2} It hearts the eye seeing a Maxim manchinegun next to troops carrying Henry Martins....Any History or Military Historian can spor the inconsitency.....
Cheers
Luiz

Hi Luiz

I spoke to Mike this afternoon about your questions. I’m afraid Mike has no plans on introducing Lee Metford rifles to his range of figures as they would not fit in with the regular series that Mike produces, ie AZW, Sudan (Gordon Relief), Napoleonic and Wild West. The only figures Mike has produced for the NWF series are Indian Army and they were equipped with MH or Snider rifles. The NB figures Mike has produced for me for my ABW collection are indeed supplied with MH rifles, these were left overs from previous campaigns such as the Matabele War and all that were available to the NB sailors hastily brought into action in South Africa.:wink2:

As I have said before a wheeled Maxim gun is on the cards, maybe not this year but watch this space you will be one of the first to know

Cheers

March 1900

After the KHARTOUM had proved herself so very useful as a hospital ship in the Sudan campaigns General Kitchener had her sent to the tip of Africa in time to assist in the Anglo Boer War campaign 1899 -1902

Here a couple of Naval Brigade Officers, mounted on horseback, check out their surroundings

All figures – Little Legion

Cheers

Martyn
If I were a curator at the IWM I would invite you to display your collections of British Colonial Wars on a regular basis. What a great educational tool. I admire the way you often tie your figures to scenes in the LIN. I am sure the Lt. would have been enjoying looking at your latest over his cup of coffee were he still with us. I know he thought very highly of you.
Randy

Martyn
If I were a curator at the IWM I would invite you to display your collections of British Colonial Wars on a regular basis. What a great educational tool. I admire the way you often tie your figures to scenes in the LIN. I am sure the Lt. would have been enjoying looking at your latest over his cup of coffee were he still with us. I know he thought very highly of you.
Randy

Many thanks again Randy :salute::

I like to think of Joe (The Lt) as a good friend and remember him fondly every time I open any threads that he used to reply to....he is sorely missed by many of us

All the best

Martyn

March 1900

A mounted Naval Brigade Officer offers two ratings advice on how to move a stubborn pack mule, the mule is not taking much notice of it^&grin

Cheers

March 1900

Naval Brigade ratings attempt to unload two supply mules, one is not very happy about it ^&grin

Cheers

March 1900

A Maxim gun is set up to cover the evacuation of the wounded

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back