Are we any nearer to getting new stock? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, Chris! Your other pictures in your Gettysburg series are appreciated too. I particularly love the detail on the horse that the Union soldier is holding. General Gibbon looks nice too. I've had my eye on purchasing him. I've only recently got back into collecting W. Britain.

Thanks Cameron, the details on the telegrapher's key doesn't show well in the pic. But it's very good as well as the mounted figs. Looking forward to more releases. Chris

I agree. I was very excited with their auspicious start after Ken purchased the company and bought several of their new WWII figures.
In addition, I even joined the Collectors Club. Since then, I have sold all of my Britain's figures and will not return as a customer because of the lack of new releases.

I wish Ken and Erika well with their new business venture and hope they will be resurrect their business.

Alex

I will start the question again and the reason I am asking is firstly there were promises of new stock in a couple of weeks, that was a month ago and secondly I heard, fair enough 3rd or 4th hand, that they are really struggling with cash flow and effectively have no cash to pay for stock! Which after the way they treated both dealers, can only speak for the UK, and their customers is not unexpected, was told membership was down by 60% in the UK over the last 3 years and the collectors club have nothing to sell.......... Just old stock, which is being reduced by many UK dealers to clear shelves, look at UK bulk sales site. William Britains has been very badly run, pure and simple, over the last few years. so it will either plod along the down, pretty much like Conte did for years [from whom in 2018 there was once again information that new sets would be released......haha], or we will see another owner pretty soon. But I do not know who really owns it? It is Ken or as I was hearing at the London Show, Bachmann still own a chunk of it as well......

the poor management means that the market has passed Britains by and with the new players, T Gunn, War Park, Eagle Design and with companies like J Jenkins upping their game it will very difficult for Britains to come back.

I agree. I was very excited with their auspicious start after Ken purchased the company and bought several of their new WWII figures.
In addition, I even joined the Collectors Club. Since then, I have sold all of my Britain's figures and will not return as a customer because of the lack of new releases.

I wish Ken and Erika well with their new business venture and hope they will be resurrect their business.

Alex

Why would you sell the figures if you liked them enough to buy them in the first place?

Even if the company released no other figures or went out of business, that doesn't take away from the figures that it has already produced.

Why would you sell the figures if you liked them enough to buy them in the first place?

Even if the company released no other figures or went out of business, that doesn't take away from the figures that it has already produced.

Perhaps he wanted to create a large, expansive diorama based on a particular line of figures and when the company failed to bolster the line with regular productions he decided he didn't want the few figures he already had.

This message appeared on the W Britain UK website this week -

W. BRITAIN IMMINENT ARRIVALS

August 21, 2018

We will soon be receiving the latest delivery of W. Britain figures into the Bachmann warehouse.
These items will be ready for immediate despatch and will be appearing in a stockist near you soon.
Contact your local stockist to place your order for these figures.
Within this current delivery, we have figures from the Napoleonic, American Civil War and Museum Collection.

This message appeared on the W Britain UK website this week -

W. BRITAIN IMMINENT ARRIVALS

August 21, 2018

We will soon be receiving the latest delivery of W. Britain figures into the Bachmann warehouse.
These items will be ready for immediate despatch and will be appearing in a stockist near you soon.
Contact your local stockist to place your order for these figures.
Within this current delivery, we have figures from the Napoleonic, American Civil War and Museum Collection.

Alas, nothing from World War I or World War II.

Alas, nothing from World War I or World War II.

These I take it are just the figures supplied to the US a few months ago, The Standard must be well overdue now ,as far as I'm aware there's only been one out this year that leaves them four months to get three out .

I'd have thought that after last year they'd have put a huge effort into getting the club figures out on time in June to get it back on track with september approaching I fear another last minute delivery.

These I take it are just the figures supplied to the US a few months ago, The Standard must be well overdue now ,as far as I'm aware there's only been one out this year that leaves them four months to get three out .

I'd have thought that after last year they'd have put a huge effort into getting the club figures out on time in June to get it back on track with september approaching I fear another last minute delivery.

Hi,
I got a call from the collectors club earlier this week to say that one of the event figures will also be here next week. It was also mentioned that the "Standard" should be here next week and there will be further info regarding deliveries in it. !!

Hi,
I got a call from the collectors club earlier this week to say that one of the event figures will also be here next week. It was also mentioned that the "Standard" should be here next week and there will be further info regarding deliveries in it. !!

Thanks for the update thats good news , hopefully WB will get back on track.

Promise after promise of delivery has led to nothing. It reminds me of the old saying:

"....expectation is my crime and disappointment is my punishment......"

It will be interesting to see if a Britains Collectors Club dinner in London is being planned for this December.

It will be interesting to see if a Britains Collectors Club dinner in London is being planned for this December.

If membership numbers are as down as have been quoted they may struggle , I find it hard to understand how WB think not reassuring there customers through this forum or on Facebook is a good idea.

On a brighter note anyone collecting the War Along The Nile figures should check out the Redcoat models Mahdist casualties ,there are four all well done and scaled to fit in with the range.

Last month I purchased 10058 - TECUMSEH 1810-13 from the HIstory store in Ohio, it is an outstanding piece. Worth the money. I also purchased WAN 27071 - EGYPTIAN INFANTRYMAN RUNNING LOOKING BACK. The pose is great, however, the painting is poor. I might purchase some Highlanders but will pass on the Egyptians.

Britains is a hopeless enterprise.

Benjamin

P1010870.jpg
I got the long awaited Nassau Grenadiers this week and I'm delighted.
They fit in well with those models first issued back in 2007 as the photo shows.
Now I really want the officer, drummer, and battalion colour bearer!

Those look really nice! Britain's has come a long way in improving their painting.

On the Britains Facebook page are details of the London Collectors Club event in November. Ken has also published images of modified WWI figures that will be in the silent auction at that event.

The recently released Britain figures are some of the best out there. I've purchased about a dozen and the quality has improved two fold.
John

Received my Santa Ana and Travis and have to say i was pleasantly surprised by the improvements . Now just need the other 3 to be released and my toy soldier buying will be complete for another undetermined period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back