Arnhem pathfinders now available to buy (1 Viewer)

Guys, lets turn the dial down a tad else this thread will get closed. We are supposed to be talking about Arnhem here:rolleyes2:

Rob

Think your right Rob . Well I'm looking forward to seeing the figures and will make my mind up after that if I buy them

Tried to edit my last post to save thebritfarmer some time:

Cannot wait to pick up these models in london and meet some of the other king and country and arnhem die hards!^&grin

Scott

Not long now Scott!:salute::

Rob

Think your right Rob . Well I'm looking forward to seeing the figures and will make my mind up after that if I buy them

Yes Neil they will be a highlight in London, I'm getting some later in the summer.

Rob

The dealers are shipping now, looking forward to the members comments, hopefully all positive. Robin.

Hi Guys,
My Arnhem figures arrived today. By co-incidence Barneywomble (Marc) was first collector to see
them and also had his camera with him (always in his car) so asked him to take some shots. He will
be posting the images later this evening. Have done complete new group together plus some side by
side with the original series.
No surprise this series has its own Pathfinders box. New Naps also have a new box which looks like
could be a new generic box as it is not Nap specific or even tartan.
Regards
Brett

Thanks Brett & Marc, they exist and what's not to like. Nice to see some non stock photo's. Next a diorama to set them off. Robin.

Thanks Marc, you put them up quicker than I expected..

First image with soldiers and medals is the box art on new Naps.

Should be some more old and new comparison images to come from Marc.

Regards
Brett

Awesome photos Marc, thanks for posting mate.{sm3} Now that I've seen some close ups, I have to say I really rather like them....just quietly it might be time to sell off the wife's best china & a few of her silver tea spoon collection{sm5}{sm2}^&grin

I did say they were nice figures when they were released and, they still are but, looking at the close up shots just further emphasises that they are in no way IMO a marked improvement to qualify as P standard.

They are at the standard of the releases that K&C have been doing lately so, I still cannot see why the marked increase in price. The badges for the Para on the arm are the same standard as the old sets the cap badges are still looking silver complete with black lining to emphasise that as were the older ones and, IMO the facial and hand paint style is worse than current figures. I am not sure what the reasoning (other than an attempt to increase the look that these have had more time spent on them to justify price) behind the lines on the back of the hands is or the heavy and rather cumbersome facial painting. There is an over emphasis on the eye detail which makes some look like they are wearing eye liner!!!. I don't see a marked improvement in these compared to the current standard K&C has got to.

For me, I hope everyone who buys them is happy but, for me, they are not at a level which gains this P level nor do I personally think they are worth the extra hike in prices. These are standard figures to me and should have been at standard or current prices. If people are not mature enough to have a different opinion and are trying to insist that only positive opinions are posted well, this happens to be a toy soldier forum and, I am posting my toy soldier opinion.

At these prices for what is clearly on show from all the pictures so far they are, for this collector, a bridge to far
Mitch

They do look very nice - thanks for posting. However, I have to agree with Mitch - I cannot see anything which justifies the steep price hike. Good luck to anyone who can afford to collect them all - for me, i'll pick up one (maybe two) of these at some point. I'm interested to see what gets released in the second batch - the only one i'd consider getting out of this first batch is the Lieut. Jack Grayburn VC figure.

Sorry guys, I'm at work and have had to physically do stuff... which is frustrating because it gets in the way of my new hobby.... that said here is another pic showing the comparison of old and new. Thanks Brett for the opportunity and access !!!! will be back saturday for another fix.... ^&grin

regards, Marc

IMG_7215s.jpg

Thanks Marc, yes annoying to say the least when work gets in the way, but without it,could not afford these, so there is the trade off. Hoping these would blend with MG and they do. Thank you for sharing, now get back to work{sm4}, Robin.

Sorry guys, I'm at work and have had to physically do stuff... which is frustrating because it gets in the way of my new hobby.... that said here is another pic showing the comparison of old and new. Thanks Brett for the opportunity and access !!!! will be back saturday for another fix.... ^&grin

regards, Marc

View attachment 127228

Hi Guys,
This is one of the 4 or 5 comparison shots that Marc took. For those not familiar with this series the 2nd from left and far right figures are the old releases. Another shot to come includes MG16 MAJGEN Urquart as we posed similar type new and old figures together.

Shot under normal shop lighting (with Woodland Scenics grass mat {sm4}) but as you can see Marc is pretty handy with a camera.

As a dealer my advice to those thinking about buying them is to get to a show or shop to see them in person. If that is not possible hopefully Marc's and others photos will help. Other forum members will be starting to receive theirs soon so plenty of opportunity to see what others think. If you are not sure about compatability with other older ones I suggest just buying one or two initially to see if that is an issue.

Brett

They do look very nice - thanks for posting. However, I have to agree with Mitch - I cannot see anything which justifies the steep price hike. Good luck to anyone who can afford to collect them all - for me, i'll pick up one (maybe two) of these at some point. I'm interested to see what gets released in the second batch - the only one i'd consider getting out of this first batch is the Lieut. Jack Grayburn VC figure.

Agree very nice figure but cannot see any improvement except for the new box so maybe that what your paying for:rolleyes2:

I do not collect Arnhem and each to their own, as in all things, but they are very impressive looking figures, even more so in person. That said, I like everything I see in my TS shop bar one or two figures. If I was into Arnhem I would complain, think about it, complain again, and then buy and be happy that I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back