Assault on Hougoumont (1 Viewer)

Nicholas

How many figures etc in this excellent dio??
Mitch

Great diorama!!!!
Nothing like a good Napoleonic battle with column and line formations in colorful uniforms.
Let's hope K&C and other makers continue to add regiments and poses.

Very nice, the house is incredible, did you built from scratch?

Good job

I wish my modeling skills were that good. The building is by JG Miniatures. Unfortunately, no one makes all the other stuctures in the Hougoumont complex in 54mm, so I am endeavoring to build the remaining structures from scratch (sigh)...not sure how I will get them to the quality of the JG piece. Fortunately, they will be in the back! :)

Really nice looking scenes mate. Is that the JG House, Barn and Wall set? Your dealer (George?) must indeed love you.:D

Now that you have started, please keep them coming.:cool:

Yep...the front building and first portion of the wall is the JG Hougoumont...and you have an excellent eye..the barn (just standing in for now is also JG, the WWII clearing station. Once I ripped off the paper red cross and slapped a little weathering on the roof it was perfect for Naps.

Regarding the wall...I should take a shot of the full length of the wall. I have 9 sections of the Britains Hougoumont wall attached to that, but as they are a different height than the JG sections, I built a small mound flocked with gravel to bring it up to level. What you don't see is all the hand made ramparts behind the 8 feet of wall that took me weeks to etch, assemble and stain. I'll post those next time (if i can slither back there to get a pic).

*I was just teasing about George. :)

Nicholas

How many figures etc in this excellent dio??
Mitch

I was afraid someone would ask me that. Just for you I went and counted them. On this diorama there are 836 figures. The layout is 8'x12' and my feeling (though you would never know it from the photos is filling up the entire landscape with figures often loses the impact of the diorama, itself...so there are no French Guard or Chasseurs...and you will notice no cavalry...no Prussians (obviously)....so...I guess there must be somewhere in the area of a couple of thousand troops in reserve. I know this sounds a little obsessive, but I am not in denial. :) Ok...so it's obsessive. The number of figures really doesn't worry me, as they don't all need to be displayed at once. The only thing that worries me is that I don't collect plastics, so one day I am guessing that while my diorama is not curently in the basement, one day it will be. :eek:

Thanks all for your very encouraging comments. And Michael...with a few more mirrors, Napoleon might have won!

Thanks Howard, but who uses a dealer? I just swipe them off George's (Warrior's) table at the shows! :)

No wonder why you wheel around a suitcase at the shows, was wondering what that clanging noise was coming from inside it...................Nick, wow is right, double WOW actually.

There are dioramas, then there are huge, spectacular ones.........and then there is this one, a masterpiece.

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures, two thumbs up..........

And I thought my ACW diorama was large. Oh my gosh :eek: Nicholas, what a fantastic diorama and soooo HUGE. Do you keep this monster in a separarte building. Just an outstanding display of a tremendous collection. Truly something that other Napoleonic collectors will envy. Great show sir . . . .
:) Mike

And I thought my ACW diorama was large. Oh my gosh :eek: Nicholas, what a fantastic diorama and soooo HUGE. Do you keep this monster in a separarte building. Just an outstanding display of a tremendous collection. Truly something that other Napoleonic collectors will envy. Great show sir . . . .
:) Mike

Thanks, Mike...you may recognize a few of those Britains figures! :)

Glad to see that you proved Mr Miller wrong Nicholas I must say you have more than a few Nappy figures to play with. Thanks for sharing your playtime with us.........The Lt.

Beautifully done and a pleasure to view , thanks for sharing;) The mixture of manufactures go very well together . All the best Gebhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back