Attica Miniatures (1 Viewer)

I have by and large not commented a lot here because I believe everyone has their own experiences. That said, I have dealt with a lot of Russian studios over time. I have a piece or two from Attica. Quality is always in the eye of the beholder. It is subjective and whatever you pay is your business. This is not a studio I deal with anymore.

Unfortunately, the gold standard studios right now are in Russia and hard to really deal with due to the ongoing war. I am hopeful that ends soon so I can reengage my previous relationships, I do miss the "Game" so to speak.

Tom

I have by and large not commented a lot here because I believe everyone has their own experiences. That said, I have dealt with a lot of Russian studios over time. I have a piece or two from Attica. Quality is always in the eye of the beholder. It is subjective and whatever you pay is your business. This is not a studio I deal with anymore.

Unfortunately, the gold standard studios right now are in Russia and hard to really deal with due to the ongoing war. I am hopeful that ends soon so I can reengage my previous relationships, I do miss the "Game" so to speak.

Tom

Well, in that case, why comment if “everyone has their own experience”? My experiences have been nothing but positive. I had one experience where they painted a figure in the Spanish style whereas I prefer the Russian style; I was probably at fault for not being clear. They took it back and had another one repainted at their cost.

[FONT=&quot]Dear friends,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As we read this thread and some questions regarding prices have been rised here, we hope you don’t mind a little intervention. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you have no desire to communicate, much less bargain, you can order the figures you like on our website www.attica.su and pay with PayPal. After the order has been placed, Ivan or Mikhail will send you detailed instructions when you receive your order. When your order is completed, you will get photos, and a tracking number after your approval. Veni, vidi, vici (c).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you want a discount, but you still don’t really want to communicate, you can go to our eBay store https://www.ebay.com/str/AtticaMiniatureshistory and bargain with Ivan or Mikhail by choosing the option "Make offer". But don't expect a big discount on eBay, they take rather big fees from sellers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If you want to clarify something, get a quote for several figures, or chat to get to know us better, you can always contact us at info@attica.su and count on a good discount.[/FONT]

Well, in that case, why comment if “everyone has their own experience”? My experiences have been nothing but positive. I had one experience where they painted a figure in the Spanish style whereas I prefer the Russian style; I was probably at fault for not being clear. They took it back and had another one repainted at their cost.

Brad,
What is the difference between Spanish style and Russian style?
Mark

Brad,
What is the difference between Spanish style and Russian style?
Mark

Mark,

The Spanish style, according to what I was told, is darker whereas the Russian style has lighter skin tones.

This is an example of the Spanish style.

Brad

I don't think it is a crime if not everyone likes a particular studio or figure. Heck, I believe K&C (who is arguably the maker that made the modern hobby what it is today) has their fans and not fans.

I try not to post anything directly negative about any one maker or another as I think it is very subjective, but I think all experiences are valid.

I don't think it is a crime if not everyone likes a particular studio or figure. Heck, I believe K&C (who is arguably the maker that made the modern hobby what it is today) has their fans and not fans.

I try not to post anything directly negative about any one maker or another as I think it is very subjective, but I think all experiences are valid.

By saying on one hand that you don’t try to post anything negative but then saying on the other that all experiences are valid, you are in effect saying something negative, but as you said it’s no crime not to like a studio.

By saying on one hand that you don’t try to post anything negative but then saying on the other that all experiences are valid, you are in effect saying something negative, but as you said it’s no crime not to like a studio.

Fair enough, agree that is what forums are for and as always, one man's piece of tin is another man's gold!
TD

Dear friends,

We have created a new custom-made miniature, Alexander the Great, inspired by the Battle of Issus Mosaic which depicts Alexander on his favorite horse Bucephalus in combat with the army of Darius of Persia. Alexander showed impressive courage at the age of 12, when he tamed the wild horse. Plutarch says that the incident so impressed King Philip II that he told Alexander, "O my son, look thee out a kingdom equal to and worthy of thyself, for Macedonia is too little for thee." Bucephalus became Alexander's battle companion for most of his life.

Scale: 1/20 (90mm).
Made of white metal.
The miniature is available to be painted on order to Museum Level (https://www.ebay.com/itm/395413617488) and Art Level ($1,780).

2698_1.png

2698.png

2698_6.png

2698_5.png

2698_8.png

This is a stunning piece of work! It has always been a pleasure for me doing business with Ivan, Mikhail and their company.

Kind regards,

Alex

I have been purchasing figures from Attica Miniatures for many years. Their figures are magnificent. I use them often in my art work, which is photographing dioramas and individual figures. Thay are great to work with. Attached are some recent examples of photographs that I have made with their figures.
David

Attachments

• Gunfight 2024_0016.jpg
    Gunfight 2024_0016.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Saloon  Gunfight 2024_0043.jpg
    Saloon Gunfight 2024_0043.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Sheriff 2024_0035.jpg
    Sheriff 2024_0035.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 5
Dear friends,

We have created a new custom-made miniature, Alexander the Great, inspired by the Battle of Issus Mosaic which depicts Alexander on his favorite horse Bucephalus in combat with the army of Darius of Persia. Alexander showed impressive courage at the age of 12, when he tamed the wild horse. Plutarch says that the incident so impressed King Philip II that he told Alexander, "O my son, look thee out a kingdom equal to and worthy of thyself, for Macedonia is too little for thee." Bucephalus became Alexander's battle companion for most of his life.

Scale: 1/20 (90mm).
Made of white metal.
The miniature is available to be painted on order to Museum Level (
and Art Level ($1,780).

2698_1.png

2698.png

2698_6.png

2698_5.png

2698_8.png

Credit where credit is due, this piece is truly stunning.
TD

In my humble opinion as a collector for many years, Attica's painting is the best of the best. Attention to detail, realism, and eyes for artistic beauty all characterize their figures. Expensive, perhaps, but really worth the cost. You can't go wrong with them, and dealing with them is a total pleasure.

101st Airborne Division Paratrooper
My photos don’t do this figure justice. Attica has produced another masterful model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back