Baseball 2011 (3 Viewers)

I can only assume that Chris is a Phillies fan as the Pirate's fan doesn't post on this forum.:rolleyes2: Good luck to the Phillies and their super rotation. They will be the team to beat, but we'll see how it all shakes out in the next 162 games.:wink2: Gonna be fun. -- Al

I'll root for Pittsburgh too- not much to root for but they are a storied franchise. :)

Go Yankees and especially go Jeter! I look forward to hit #3000 within a couple of months.

Go Yankees and especially go Jeter! I look forward to hit #3000 within a couple of months.

MODS!! I am outraged- please take care of all this Yankee drivel!! :tongue: Guess that will be difficult seeing how ONE of the mods has joined in this banter!! ;)

I'll root for Pittsburgh too- not much to root for but they are a storied franchise. :)
Quite agree. Where are Honus and Roberto when you need them? Maz and Willie were fun to watch, too. Always liked little Harvey Haddix, as well. Many great players over the years. -- Al

Quite agree. Where are Honus and Roberto when you need them? Maz and Willie were fun to watch, too. Always liked little Harvey Haddix, as well. Many great players over the years. -- Al

The 1979 "We are Family" Pirates that beat the Orioles that year in the World Series are in my top 5 all time favorite basball teams, loved that team, rest in peace Willie.

Loved the Bonds Pirates as well; how did that team not get to a World Series; Andy Van Slyke, Bonds, Bonilla in the outfield, are you kidding me?

Top five
5.) 2003 Marlins who beat the Yankees in the World Series.
4.) 2010 Giants, I wish the Yankees had gotten to the series instead of the Rangers so the Giants could have knocked them off.
3.) 1979 Pirates.
2.) 2007 Red Sox.
1.) 2004 Red Sox, greatest team in Red Sox history, biggest thrill ever seeing them win it all.......................

Nice opening day win for Cincy today! 3-Run walk-off to win the game!

Well, it's opening day for the Metsies. Now, it's bad enough they're going to stink this year but I expected that. However, now I can't even watch them. Dish Network and SNY (Mets channel that carries most of the games) are in a contract dispute so the channel has been pulled.

Now, if you're a Yankee fan and get Direct TV, the same thing is happening; they're in a contract wrangle and will probably be gone.

:mad::mad::mad:

Well, it's opening day for the Metsies. Now, it's bad enough they're going to stink this year but I expected that. However, now I can't even watch them. Dish Network and SNY (Mets channel that carries most of the games) are in a contract dispute so the channel has been pulled.

Now, if you're a Yankee fan and get Direct TV, the same thing is happening; they're in a contract wrangle and will probably be gone.

:mad::mad::mad:
Well, that all sucks. I would be driven insane if I couldn't see the O's and Nats on cable. Our Comcast cable system carries all the games of these two local teams and there is a major league package available for a couple hundred extra bucks if you want. The package carries just about every game on every day but I can't afford it. Don't really need it either as my two teams are carried with the basic system package. Whatever happened to free TV? -- Al

Enjoyed the Opening Day games. NYY won. Even though my Nats lost 2-0, their defense looked outstanding and the pitching was excellent, too. Sorry to see the SF Giants booted their game and Pujols couldn't have had a worse day for the Cards. Tonight the O's start their pursuit of the AL East title.^&grin -- Al

Enjoyed the Opening Day games. NYY won. Even though my Nats lost 2-0, their defense looked outstanding and the pitching was excellent, too. Sorry to see the SF Giants booted their game and Pujols couldn't have had a worse day for the Cards. Tonight the O's start their pursuit of the AL East title.^&grin -- Al

Not to shabby for our O's to start Al, if the season ended today we would be in 1st place!!!!:)...Sammy

Not to shabby for our O's to start Al, if the season ended today we would be in 1st place!!!!:)...Sammy
Her we come, WS!:rolleyes2:^&grin Guthrie looked great. A fine start for the young pitchers that follow, to emulate. Glad to see Markakis and Roberts come through. Now, just got to keep it up for 6 more months.:wink2: -- Al

Maybe it's a good thing I couldn't see tonight's shabby performance :(

Now, when does football season start. Oh, yeah, there's a lockout :rolleyes:

Good day as all my teams won. O's and NYY are 2-0 and the Nats are 1-1. All off to good starts. Really impressed with the O's pitching so far. Won by shutout last night and 3-1 tonight. The O's starter, Tillman, threw no-hit, shutout ball, until being pulled because of pitch count. Only 160 games left.:tongue: -- Al

Good day as all my teams won. O's and NYY are 2-0 and the Nats are 1-1. All off to good starts. Really impressed with the O's pitching so far. Won by shutout last night and 3-1 tonight. The O's starter, Tillman, threw no-hit, shutout ball, until being pulled because of pitch count. Only 160 games left.:tongue: -- Al
Hey Sammy, the O's are now 3-0. Last time they opened 3-0 on the road was 1970.:eek: Their starting pitchers are now 3-0, 20 total innings pitched, 6 total hits given up, and 0 (that's right, 0) runs given up. I smell a pennant.^&grin (Just feeling good while I can). Go O's! -- Al

Hey Sammy, the O's are now 3-0. Last time they opened 3-0 on the road was 1970.:eek: Their starting pitchers are now 3-0, 20 total innings pitched, 6 total hits given up, and 0 (that's right, 0) runs given up. I smell a pennant.^&grin (Just feeling good while I can). Go O's! -- Al
Addenda: I goofed.:redface2: The Oriole starter yesterday, did give up one run. 30 lashes with a wet noodle, for him and me.:rolleyes2: -- Al

Yes Al, our boys looked good in Tampa!!! let's hope we can start another great series today at home against the Tigers, opening day at Camden Yards!!! gooo O's!!

Bought my baseball package today so I can watch my Orioles anytime now!!!! here in Arizona my boys are hardly ever on, and it was great to watch them go 4-0 against the Tigers today!! gooo O's!!!

Bought my baseball package today so I can watch my Orioles anytime now!!!! here in Arizona my boys are hardly ever on, and it was great to watch them go 4-0 against the Tigers today!! gooo O's!!!
They are cookin' early on, Sammy.^&grin Their starting pitching is now 4-0 while giving up only 2 runs in 26 innings. I know it can't last, but after so many years of bad baseball, this is fun to watch. Incidentally, the last time the O's opened up 4-0 was in 1970 and they won the WS.{sm3} -- Al

They are cookin' early on, Sammy.^&grin Their starting pitching is now 4-0 while giving up only 2 runs in 26 innings. I know it can't last, but after so many years of bad baseball, this is fun to watch. Incidentally, the last time the O's opened up 4-0 was in 1970 and they won the WS.{sm3} -- Al
The dream of an undefeated season is dead. The O's lost. There is always next year. -- Al

Al and Sammy,

I'm going to my first game of the season at Yankee Stadium next Wednesday against your O's. Should be a good game.:smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back