Baseball 2011 (5 Viewers)

Al and Sammy,

I'm going to my first game of the season at Yankee Stadium next Wednesday against your O's. Should be a good game.:smile2:
Have a good time, Louis. You may be watching a battle for first place. O's just won to go 5-1 and I know NYY won today, also. -- Al

George your going to have to help me on this one, how can the Sox be winless going into thier 3rd series of the year?? I know they added some decent players in the off season so what has happened?? unless they find some cure they may be looking at 0-9 or 10 if the Yanks keep playing the way they are playing...Sammy

Since I'm sure nobody is really paying attention...

My Brewers followed an 0-4 start with three straight wins. I'm breathing easier now. You can't win a division in April, but you sure can lose one!

Now, back to the AL East chatter...^&grin

Since I'm sure nobody is really paying attention...

My Brewers followed an 0-4 start with three straight wins. I'm breathing easier now. You can't win a division in April, but you sure can lose one!

Now, back to the AL East chatter...^&grin

Actually Peter I did notice the brew crew has made a small comeback of sorts, the Reds are playing good/rockies as well, but looks like the Giants got off on the wrong foot, but they were slow to start last year before winning it all...Sammy

George your going to have to help me on this one, how can the Sox be winless going into thier 3rd series of the year?? I know they added some decent players in the off season so what has happened?? unless they find some cure they may be looking at 0-9 or 10 if the Yanks keep playing the way they are playing...Sammy

Well maybe I spoke to soon, Sox beating the Yanks 6-4 right now, don't worry George I'm pulling for your boys to sweep the Yanks this weekend:)...Sammy

Well maybe I spoke to soon, Sox beating the Yanks 6-4 right now, don't worry George I'm pulling for your boys to sweep the Yanks this weekend:)...Sammy
This game has turned into a shootout. 6-6, bottom of 5th as I type this. NYY got some questions at starting pitching if Hughes can't get untracked. -- Al

Manny Ramirez just retired! Evidently MLB had him under some sort of drug investigation and he has retired rather than face the music. Just Manny being Manny. What a shock. -- Al

Last edited:

Oh the season has started already? Thanks for letting me know.........:tongue:

I don't have any answers to be honest, it's one thing to get swept by the defending AL Champion Rangers, but to get swept by the @#$%ing triple AAA Indians, that is another story, pathetic actually.

But not to worry, they slapped Hughes around today pretty good, Bartolo Colon pitched pretty decent actually in long relief, what a planet that guy is........................

Manny Ramirez just retired! Evidently MLB had him under some sort of drug investigation and he has retired rather than face the music. Just Manny being Manny. What a shock. -- Al

I guess the story is he tested positive for PED's in Spring Training, so rather than get suspended for 100 games, he just retired.

That guy is as dumb as a box of rocks..............

It seems Boston has awakened. Took two out of three from NYY this weekend. Could ger real healthy against the Rays. Almost to the ten game mark and the O's haven't collapsed yet and still lead the AL East. They need to hit the ball a little better., but with one exception, the pitching has looked good. Hey, break-up the Indians and Rangers! -- Al

It seems Boston has awakened. Took two out of three from NYY this weekend. Could ger real healthy against the Rays. Almost to the ten game mark and the O's haven't collapsed yet and still lead the AL East. They need to hit the ball a little better., but with one exception, the pitching has looked good. Hey, break-up the Indians and Rangers! -- Al

The Rangers are the real deal, they can mash with the best of them, that line up is absolutely stacked.

If they still had Cliff Lee, I'd pencil them in right now as WS champs, they may still be even without Lee.

Well my O's great start has fizzled quickly:( 5 losses in a row, hopefully a homestand is coming quickly but no hitting or pitching right now overall, not a good combo...Sammy

Al and Sammy,

I'm going to my first game of the season at Yankee Stadium next Wednesday against your O's. Should be a good game.:smile2:

I had a really great time at the game Wednesday night. My cousin Jon and I got to the park right when they opened the gates, and we went right down to monument park - my first visit at the new Stadium. Then we went to the shop, where I bought my kids each a stuffed Mickey Mouse in a Yankee uniform, and bought myself a Cooperstown Classic 1939 Joe D jersey (after dropping the weight, I am down from a XXL to an L, and my Jeter jersey fits me like a tent). Next we went to NYY Steaks, the steakhouse in Yankee stadium, and, probably because of the crappy weather, there were tables available. The food and wine were great (Jon treated, because my wife had snagged the tickets), and we finished up right as the top of the first was ending. We got to the seats just as the Yankees came to bat, and saw the Yankees jump out to a 7-0 lead and hold on for a 7-4 win. To top it off, I guess because of the weather, the Yankees announced that tickets from this game could traded in for free tickets to another game this season. The people sitting next to Jon and I were from out of town, and gave us their four tickets, so my wife is going to trade the 6 tickets in for tickets to a day game, and we will have a family outing later this summer.

Well my O's great start has fizzled quickly:( 5 losses in a row, hopefully a homestand is coming quickly but no hitting or pitching right now overall, not a good combo...Sammy
Hang in there, Sammy. O's are having a bit of trouble getting the starting rotation ironed out. Matusz is still out, Bergesen hasn't got going yet. These two were part of the big turn around at the end of last year and I think they will be again. True, the O's aren't hitting, but this is pretty widespread amongst several teams and it is still early. They will, I hope, be alright. -- Al

I had a really great time at the game Wednesday night. My cousin Jon and I got to the park right when they opened the gates, and we went right down to monument park - my first visit at the new Stadium. Then we went to the shop, where I bought my kids each a stuffed Mickey Mouse in a Yankee uniform, and bought myself a Cooperstown Classic 1939 Joe D jersey (after dropping the weight, I am down from a XXL to an L, and my Jeter jersey fits me like a tent). Next we went to NYY Steaks, the steakhouse in Yankee stadium, and, probably because of the crappy weather, there were tables available. The food and wine were great (Jon treated, because my wife had snagged the tickets), and we finished up right as the top of the first was ending. We got to the seats just as the Yankees came to bat, and saw the Yankees jump out to a 7-0 lead and hold on for a 7-4 win. To top it off, I guess because of the weather, the Yankees announced that tickets from this game could traded in for free tickets to another game this season. The people sitting next to Jon and I were from out of town, and gave us their four tickets, so my wife is going to trade the 6 tickets in for tickets to a day game, and we will have a family outing later this summer.
Sounds like a great time, Louis. Glad the O's could help the NYY out that night.:rolleyes2: NYY have starting pitching problems that they need to address, fast, and a few of the guys aren't hitting yet. The hitters should be fine, but the starting pitching...... -- Al

Sounds like a great time, Louis. Glad the O's could help the NYY out that night.:rolleyes2: NYY have starting pitching problems that they need to address, fast, and a few of the guys aren't hitting yet. The hitters should be fine, but the starting pitching...... -- Al

Yes, the Yankees clearly have problems with their starting pitching. The only sure thing is CC Sabathia. Burnett has looked good so far, but he started out last season 4-0 before falling apart, so I just have to keep my fingers crossed. Phil Hughes just went on the DL with a "dead arm". I suspect the 190 innings he threw last season (80 more than the year before) are going to substantially limit his effectiveness this season. Who knows what we are going to get from Ivan Nova. Garcia pitched a terrific game today for his first start, and Colon has looked good in the bullpen, so may be able to catch lightning in a bottle, but I would be looking to trade some of the Yankees terrific prospects for a 1 or 2 type starter if I were in charge.

Hi Louis,

Great to hear you had a good time at the game! I would be a little jealous but I just got back from 5 days on the Normandy Beaches. The time was great because the trip was combined with a Boy Scout Event so my son (a Bear) had a great time running around Normandy in his uniform and doing a sevice project with the Scots and UNESCO to try and get the Beachs named a World Heritiage Site and preserve them for the Future. But more of Normandy later, back to baseball.

While I agree the Yankees have some issues with the pitching I expect things will improve as the weather warms up. But can anyone tell me what the heck happened ot the Red Sox? I cant remember when they had such a poor opening to their season.

Glad to see the O's playing better this year lets hope they settle down and get into a groove so we have an interesting American League East season.

Dave

Just a thought, but there are a lot of hitters around the leagues that haven't gotten untracked yet. A lot of low .200 type averages amongst good hitters. Maybe it's the cooler and wetter spring weather here in the east, but it seems to be baseball wide. I would think things will improve for the hitters once it warms up, but there just seems to be a lot of low team averages. -- Al

Mr Louis
That's being at the right place at the right time.
Enjoy my freind with ur family
Maple Leaf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back