Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (6 Viewers)

Good job guys something for all the under represented people. I like the diversity. By all means welcome.

Gentle Friends,

What a wonderful group of dioramas! I am especially excited to see some alternatives to the great WW II dioramas that are posted on the forum. These dioramas demonstrate to me that all dioramas do not have to be composed of matte finished figures to be highly effective. Further, these dioramas communicate much of interest that can be found in a variety of military events and historical times. Great work!

And,...of course,...I love the diversity represented by these dioramas!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Good job guys something for all the under represented people. I like the diversity. By all means welcome.

As a Civil War Buff that you are Shilo it would be nice to see photos from your end highlighting event from different engagements it would also add to the the diversty I see which like other I'm enjoying......The Lt.

WOWEE, now paint me green and call me jealous. Those Dehli Dunbar are amazing. It must have been a once-in-a lifetime event to have been there, but to have such a wonderful diorama..now that's cool:)

Great stuff.

As a Civil War Buff that you are Shilo it would be nice to see photos from your end highlighting event from different engagements it would also add to the the diversty I see which like other I'm enjoying......The Lt.
I agree LT the problem with that is, I am busy, lazy, and have the attention span of a nat. I have good intentions but fall short in the get er done department. I am still painting figures for my first Diorama of the bloody pond I am getting close but I started in November. Now with Fish and Big showing how to carve up stuff I have a real bad hankering to pick up a razor and hurt something. When the weather gets better I do intend to start touring again and if I can get the wife to give up the camera I will take some pictures. I also have a ton of pictures from Europe and haven't mastered the scanner yet. Haven't really had a need to but will try shortly.

I agree LT the problem with that is, I am busy, lazy, and have the attention span of a nat. I have good intentions but fall short in the get er done department. I am still painting figures for my first Diorama of the bloody pond I am getting close but I started in November. Now with Fish and Big showing how to carve up stuff I have a real bad hankering to pick up a razor and hurt something. When the weather gets better I do intend to start touring again and if I can get the wife to give up the camera I will take some pictures. I also have a ton of pictures from Europe and haven't mastered the scanner yet. Haven't really had a need to but will try shortly.

Shiloh,

Good luck with your project. I very much look forward to seeing your diorama of the Bloody Pond.

Pat

Thanks everyone!

My grandfather and I are working on two new civil war displays so i will put them up as soon as we are finished.

I am excited to find so many people who share the passion of toy soldiers!

In case people didn't notice, cmilot147 is Chet Milo, the one who provided these images.

Welcome aboard Chet!

Thanks everyone!

My grandfather and I are working on two new civil war displays so i will put them up as soon as we are finished.

Great dioramas I really liked the cival war one very impressive! Welcome to the forum.

Chet,

Welcome to the forum. I loved your dioramas. You and your grandfather are very talented. Thank you or sharing your works of art with us.

WOW, my favourite is the Indian v Brit pic in post #1076, the water looks like it's real.

I was just thinking the same re the water.

Chet, what product did you use and are you able to share any tips on use? It really is very impressive.

Simon

I believe we used woodland scenics realistic water, and water effects for the waterfall and rapids. We make all our models out of plaster so we painted underneath the water to make it look like the color of the St. Lawrence River. To get the rapid water effect we used the water effects and tooth picks to spread it like rapids. We had to practice a lot because this was our first attempt at using water. Overall the water on The French and Indian War diorama took about a week, but i think it was worth it!

Thanks everyone!

Chet are those French & Indian War figures made by Tradition?

Yea the majority of them are, we were lucky enough to recive about five indians and the two canoes from tommy atkins....they are amazing.

Chet,

I really like the Delhi Durbar display you and your grandfather have built. I can identify some Britain figures and some Marlborough figures, but I cannot identify all the figures that are pictured. Are there other manufacturers represented in the array of wonderful figures in this diorama? If so, who are the other manufacturers that are represented?

Again, you and your grandfather have done some truly great work!

Pat

Thank you very much Pat,

Yes, the display contains britains, marlborough, imperial products (civilians), and the majority is Beau Geste.

There's that Beau Geste again wadepat...it's calling your name! You can't escape the pull of Beau Geste Delhi Durbar and not a single piece in the line is retired yet:D .

Thanks Chet for filling us in about the water effects--it really looks like you could get wet if you stood too close!

Nice job Chet, very impressed. Welcome. The Delhi Durbar one got a big "wow!" out of me when I first saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back