Brad's Military Miniatures Collection (2 Viewers)

These are some early King & Country Boxers I found about a year ago. K & C didn’t make too many Boxer figures.

Assault Guard, Barcelona, 1936. Sculpted by El Viejo Dragon. Painted by Attica Miniatures.

Assault Guard in action.

From Somerset’s Lawrence of Arabia range:

LA 9c Arab Tribesmen with Resting Camel

It is amazing how rarely these figures come up for sale on the secondary market. People just keep them. And rightfully so as they are among the best painted gloss figures.

It is amazing how rarely these figures come up for sale on the secondary market. People just keep them. And rightfully so as they are among the best painted gloss figures.

I can’t remember the last time Lawrence figures came up on eBay, maybe a year. Lately, a lot of my figures have come from Somerset.

Emperor Maximilian and Mary of Burgundy - AeroArt 6211

A recent acquisition from fellow member Joegis (Joe Gruppie). Joe has kindly allowed me to use his photos.

Maximillian and Mary have a Spanish connection. Their son Phillip the Handsome married Juana (also known as Juana la loca or Juana the insane), the daughter of Ferdinand and Isabella and their son was Charles V or Carlos V, who became King of Spain and the Hapsburg Empire.

Some recent acquisitions to my SOHK collection.

Chinese Cobbler

Mounted European Officers

I already had one of the Officers but I had just the officer and no horse. Thanks to Tom Dubel I was able to get the horse.

Chinese Cobbler

I already had one of the Officers but I had just the officer and no horse. Thanks to Tom Dubel I was able to get the horse.

Nice additions Brad and with the Pharmacy and Herbal Tea shop in the background :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

I just learned about K&C glossies recently. I am totally enamored. They are very well done and have great personality.

Chinese Cobbler

Brad,
Very happy to have reunited the rider with his missing horse!!!!!!!!!! What a real coincidence that I had that horse, just could not have worked out better, funny world sometimes!
Tom

Now - if you could find me the Marlborough REWA Carriage, I would be much obliged :)

I truly exceptional piece. I wonder what a wall of the accompanying Assyrians looks like

I truly exceptional piece. I wonder what a wall of the accompanying Assyrians looks like

I have one other Assyrian figure and it’s quite incredible. The sculpting, painting and detail on these figures is off the charts.

H. K. Fire Brigade

This set comes with one additional figure and a burning building, neither of which I have.

The Street Sweeper and Baskets

After the Fire Brigade comes through, the Street Sweeper cleans up.

H. K. Fire Brigade

This set comes with one additional figure and a burning building, neither of which I have.

The Street Sweeper and Baskets

After the Fire Brigade comes through, the Street Sweeper cleans up.

Very nice Brad:salute::

I managed to find the road sweeper set recently but still looking for the Fire Brigade

Cheers

Martyn
:)

Very nice Brad:salute::

I managed to find the road sweeper set recently but still looking for the Fire Brigade

Cheers

Martyn
:)

Thanks Martyn. How I found these is a little strange. A couple of months ago I purchased a lot of SOHK figures, which included some half sets. One was the basket for the street sweeper but no sweeper and another was the fire wagon but no figures and the wagon was missing its hose attachment. When I received the wagon, I figured better than nothing. Then, about a month ago, someone listed the sweeper and his broom on eBay (in terrible shape) and I purchased that. Then a couple of weeks later he lists two of the firemen and the hose attachment. They all made a quick visit to my friend for repairs and here we are. Talk about lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back