Britains Royal Coach Soldier Pac (3 Viewers)

blaster

Captain
Whilst assembling a Britains Royal Coach from Soldier Pac castings, I have decided to add more detail to this piece to make it more unique. For example, I have started to add details to the interior of the coach and have started to sculpt a royal couple King Edward VII and Alexandra.

I note that the exterior of the lower panels were painted and I have pics of the left and right side panels but lack pictures of the front and back panels. I would be grateful for any pics showing these details.

Rgds Victor

Attachments

• britains coach.jpg
    britains coach.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 906
  • close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 867
  • King George.jpg
    King George.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 846
Hi blaster - Sorry - can't help with the details you are after - but was very interested to see the kit you have. It was my understanding that Soldierpac was no longer trading - so is your kit an old one - or is someone now selling them again. Reason is - I have been trying to find one of those kits for a while now.

So - can't help you - but maybe you can help me find one? If I do find out the details you want - I will let you know - regards - johnnybach

Try Wikipedia? johnnybach

Gold_state_coach.jpg

Here is a picture of the rear panel. Trooper

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 433
Holy Mackrel! How are you gonna do that in 54mm??? Will look forward to seeing the finished article - and the best of British Luck with it! I have seen miniatures - but those???? ^&grin johnnybach

Hi JohnnyBach, Trooper and Britfarmer,

thanks for your great inputs. I now have pics of the rear and part of the front panels. If there aren't anymore pics, I'll just try and "wing it".

Soldier Pac ceased trading years back. This was an old kit. The castings are acceptable and a couple right arms are missing.

I think that these panels are doable and I'll try to post updates.

Rgds Victor

Victor, you will find that the book "The Royal Mews" by Mary Stewart-Wilson a great help. It shows details of the coach, horse harness and uniforms as well as a mass of other vehicles. Well worth the effort to find it. Trooper

Hi Victor - (and Trooper) - I was intrigued - so checked out Amazon Books UK.

Found it (used VG) for just one penny - plus £2.80 postage!!!

So have ordered it. If you can't find one where you are - maybe I can help out again - as I will keep looking for an old kit myself to have a go at one day.

Good luck with it - johnnybach

Dear Johnnybach and Trooper,

Your interest and inputs are fully appreciated!!!

I had a further go at the piece. Sculpted more of the royal pair - simple conversions based on Airfix and Preiser.

reworked some details of the coachwork itself, added preiser heads, twisted forward the front of the coach which was cast vertically, trying to keep to the spirit of the original toy-like concept. Some more detailing and then I start painting.

Rgds Victor

Attachments

• nm.jpg
    nm.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 348
  • today 139.JPG
    today 139.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 364
  • today 140.JPG
    today 140.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 362
  • today 141.JPG
    today 141.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 397
Hi All,

Some more pics to go with this project. Testing the fit of the royal couple inside the coach.

Rgds Victor

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 148
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 145
Looking good Victor - now where's your teeniest brush for those panels then?^&grin
johnnybach

Victor,

A good thread this! I too am looking forward to seeing the next stage of progress. ^&cool

Jeff

Hi Victor

Hope you have a set of magnifiers for this project those panels are a hell of a project{sm2}
looking forward to seeing your progress, and thanks for sharing.

Regards John

Hi All,

Almost done with the fit of the royal couple into the coach, barring more cleanup and detailing work esp on the crowns.

Just started on the panels and the results so far are a lot of colour swatches. If you can't be good, confuse them I always say. Naturally, John Firth's fans, stay away from this thread...:)

Thanks for looking.

Rgds Victor

Attachments

• rt.jpg
    rt.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 134
  • mn.jpg
    mn.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 126
Hi All,

Almost done with the fit of the royal couple into the coach, barring more cleanup and detailing work esp on the crowns.

Just started on the panels and the results so far are a lot of colour swatches. If you can't be good, confuse them I always say. Naturally, John Firth's fans, stay away from this thread...:)

Thanks for looking.

Rgds Victor

Wow{eek3}{eek3}! It looks great!
-Sandor

Just like the real thing! Ha! - I thought this was going to be a tad difficult - but that's a good start. Honestly - at this scale - you are really going to have your work cut out. Don't get too close for the final pic! You're doing supebly well - so far, with a nice job on the coach.:cool:

Would be fun to see your final pic - alongside an original Britains version.

Anmyone out there got a pic of one to share? johnnybach

I managed to work more on the piece, royal couple and the coach, repairing and adding detail (lion heads to the four corners etc) and further painted the panels to give better definition. but in my excitement, the pics are terrible, giving some blue morning tint. That's my excuse for the sloppy work.

Rgds Victor

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 133
I managed to work more on the piece, royal couple and the coach, repairing and adding detail (lion heads to the four corners etc) and further painted the panels to give better definition. but in my excitement, the pics are terrible, giving some blue morning tint. That's my excuse for the sloppy work.

Rgds Victor

Those panels are {eek3}{eek3} Victor!
-Sandor:salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back