Britains Royal Coach Soldier Pac (4 Viewers)

The legs/hooves now look much better "beefed up" a bit, and will probably stand better on the base you're going to give them. Cheers for the pics and excerpts from Opie. Nice to see that he had spotted the additional footman needed to be added to Britains set - to act as a brake-man.

I was recently given some Yeomen by a fellow Forum member and friend (John Parslow) - but unfortunately, they are not the marching guys with the Partisan over the shoulder. Looks like I may need to do a little conversion job on their fixed arms - so thanks particularly for that illustration.

Here's one for you to add to your collection - shows parts from another Britains set (1477?) - which may encourage you to go yet further! It's of that bigger set that Opie mentions - out of the box - so you can see them all better. Sorry 'bout that!! jb

CoronationSet.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All,

Of all my threads here, this one seems to stick out. The weekends really give me a chance to browse through my collection and I came across a stash of these castings. In-between all the other stuff, I thought that I might assemble all the pieces and see what happens next.

Rgds Victor

P1070503.JPG
This first unrelated casting has absolutely nothing to do with the Royal coach. It was placed with all the toy soldier castings in my stash.

P1070504.JPG
The modified horses

P1070505.JPG
The foot figures. Not all the arms were present and I am now fabricating a couple of new arms

P1070506.JPG
The modified horses with riders

There are a couple of missing arms, here being refabricated from putty.

P1070587.JPG

Nothing to shout about here but I've finally completed refashioning the missing parts and the whole ensemble has been sprayed white ready for some serious painting.

Rgds Victor

P1070703.JPG

Hi All,

Its been like forever since I last worked on this. Having had a wonderful overseas trip, I bought a vintage Britains figure (extreme right) and decided to use it as an example to complete the painting of the footguards accompanying the coach. So here they are- WIP.

P1130326.JPG

I had bought a new booklet on the Royal Mews which I have scanned side by side with my older booklet.

AD.jpg

In the meantime, Soldierpac is no more, is it? At one time, they were the source for Phoenix castings, which are now sold by Forty-Third, Ltd, and John Eden.

Prost!
Brad

Hi Brad,

SoldierPac was out of business more than 10 years ago. I managed to get the State Coach and a landau from them then.
Another possible source of toy soldier carriages was RP Models but I think that they have also stopped trading.

Hopefully, I can finish the State Coach, then work on my landau, then turn to the Paramount plastic kits (ahh!).

Anyway, here's the update on painting my footmen and yeomen. I tried to duplicate the Britain's factory style.

P1130327.JPG

Has it really been ten years? I remember that they shut down, but didn't recall when. I remember it more as a laptop and a desktop ago ;)

Prost!
Brad

Hi Brad,

SoldierPac was out of business more than 10 years ago. I managed to get the State Coach and a landau from them then.
Another possible source of toy soldier carriages was RP Models but I think that they have also stopped trading.

Hopefully, I can finish the State Coach, then work on my landau, then turn to the Paramount plastic kits (ahh!).

Anyway, here's the update on painting my footmen and yeomen. I tried to duplicate the Britain's factory style.

View attachment 226247

RP World Models is still going strong Vic, - and I'm waiting for a Household cavalry Mounted Band - which is on order. I believe that they are also working with Tradition of London - to produce some of their range too.

I made up the Ivory Phaeton - which came from them, a while ago - which came out very nicely. They still do a landau.

They have a Sale on at the moment - where figures have a discount of 33% on the stated price. Castings are half the "painted" price - and the same discount applies - but be quick, if you are interested as the Sale finishes end of January.

Here's the link

http://www.rpworldmodels.net/

RP World Models is still going strong Vic, - and I'm waiting for a Household cavalry Mounted Band - which is on order. I believe that they are also working with Tradition of London - to produce some of their range too.

I made up the Ivory Phaeton - which came from them, a while ago - which came out very nicely. They still do a landau.

They have a Sale on at the moment - where figures have a discount of 33% on the stated price. Castings are half the "painted" price - and the same discount applies - but be quick, if you are interested as the Sale finishes end of January.

Here's the link

http://www.rpworldmodels.net/
Hi JB,
What scale are the carriages?
Regards, Bob

Hi JB and all,

The RP link doesn't seem to work for me. Page can't be displayed.

I've completed the yeomen, footmen and coach attendants. The sculpting of the arms and posing was finalized to original Britains production style. Note the sinkholes in one of the repro figures which I will fill in later.

aq.jpgaq2.jpgaq3.jpg

There are painting differences between the footmen and coach attendants.

aq4.jpgaq5.jpgaq6.jpgaq7.jpg

Hello Brad,

thx for you nice compliment. I wallow in nostalgia...:)

So far, I've reached this stage. Took a long time. The outriders (not shown) are being painted.

Rgds Vic

aa.jpgaa2.jpgaa3.jpg

Hi All,

I was cleaning the collection and came across this project. So in between the more intensive projects, I doodled on the horses, added some red and gilt paints so far.

Rgds Victor

a2.jpg

Victor,

I'd like to see this project finished ...... it was reminded me of a job I did for a guy at work who inherited a broken set and asked if I could help.

Like you, I got the spares from Chris Bartlett who at that stage owned Soldier Pac, and he supplied the parts.

coach7.jpg coach8.jpg

This is an old page on my website, now not linked to my site, but the images are still there for you to see.

If I can find the original imagery, I may revise that page, but it was 20 years ago, when I used a 35mm camera and scanned the prints !!!

Check it out here : http://members.upnaway.com/~obees/soldiers/coach.htm

John

Hi John,

thanks for that page. I've saved it.
It confirms that my recast postillons are wrongly holding the whip. I'll have to correct that defect.
Also I am missing one of the traces and am making one up from plastic tubing.

Rgds Victor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back