Britains the War Along the Nile (1 Viewer)

Excited for the August Sudan releases! Anyone else?

Absolutely I am looking forward to these releases. These can double for Northwest Frontier troops too. A nice healthy number of poses of York and Lancs for July and August.
For Ken or Richard any chance we will see some Kordofani spearmen (shaved heads w/ skullcaps) that fought at Abu Klea?
The Beja Tribesmen " Fuzzy Wuzzy" are tops but I would like to see a few of the Kordofani spearmenr to round out the Mahdists forces.
Great, great line!

For Ken or Richard any chance we will see some Kordofani spearmen (shaved heads w/ skullcaps) that fought at Abu Klea?
The Beja Tribesmen " Fuzzy Wuzzy" are tops but I would like to see a few of the Kordofani spearmenr to round out the Mahdists forces.
Great, great line!

YES! This sounds great.

I would love to see that as well. A few casualties as well, perhaps.

Andy

Absolutely I am looking forward to these releases. These can double for Northwest Frontier troops too. A nice healthy number of poses of York and Lancs for July and August.
Great, great line!

Love it, the Kordofani would make a nice addition and add to the variety. You'll see just splurged on a boat and some more camels. But for 2012 look for more tribesmen, British too of course and allies.

Just wondering who is considering buying the Nile boat. Around $1100 will take some saving by November, but I am in for one. Included in the set is 15 figures and a gun which no doubt will be only available with the boat. The figure bases have plank style to blend in with the boat deck, so I guess they will not be venturing off into the desert unless the bases are disguised, which can be done with all the products around these days, like plastic sand. This appears to be a great item and would be the centre piece of anyones Nile collection. Great pictures at Treefrogs shop to help you make up your mind. Cheers, Robin.

Just wondering who is considering buying the Nile boat. Around $1100 will take some saving by November, but I am in for one. Included in the set is 15 figures and a gun which no doubt will be only available with the boat. The figure bases have plank style to blend in with the boat deck, so I guess they will not be venturing off into the desert unless the bases are disguised, which can be done with all the products around these days, like plastic sand. This appears to be a great item and would be the centre piece of anyones Nile collection. Great pictures at Treefrogs shop to help you make up your mind. Cheers, Robin.

It is a great looking set to be sure but not for me as I don't collect the WAtN. The figures and the gun alone would be worth roughly $500 so just a bit under half the total value. Perhaps would have been an idea to have them seperate from the gunboat and released at different times. Say the figure set in November and then the boat in December.

Obviously the price is high, but I think we are getting a good deal. I remember a while back they were saying the price was going to be $1000 with only ONE figure, so the boat for $400-$500 is not bad...
Thanks Ken, Richard, & Co.,
Sandor:salute::

I have to see if I can swing the purchase of the Nile boat...it is a better deal now with the figures and gun...this would be a great addition to any Sudan collection.

I think the boat will be not only a great addition to anyone's collection but a good investment. There's nothing on the market as good as this. Once they are all snapped up the value will only go one way, so if you did ever grow tired of it you won't lose out.

Well the new items are getting a lot of buzz on here..especially the gun boat. Sounds like several treefroggers are going too or have already pre-ordered the gun...me being one of them..what about the rest of the great looking sets coming out?

Are the few July releases still going to come out this month? I think there 2 Lanc's due for July and large release for August...

Are the few July releases still going to come out this month? I think there 2 Lanc's due for July and large release for August...

Yep, I've seen the two new Lancs listed on ebay already so most dealers should have them this week.

Well the new items are getting a lot of buzz on here..especially the gun boat. Sounds like several treefroggers are going too or have already pre-ordered the gun...me being one of them..what about the rest of the great looking sets coming out?

I love the new camels, and will buy one of each!

The latest Sudan releases are out. Here are the newest Lancs.

Attachments

• lancs1.jpg
    lancs1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 323
Are the August releases still on track to come out this month?

I haven't seen anything yet but I'm hoping. I like the way W Britain is doing a full compliment of releases of a unit at a time. Better than trickling along over several months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back