Can't navigate to the last posts in a thread (4 Viewers)

This has been a recurring problem and will only be resolved when a new version is rolled out. Until then we will have to deal with it from time to time.

Problem on pricing thread can only read up to page 27 when it now on page 30

Neil,

What I've done to get over this problem is hit the reply to thread button (even if you don't intend to reply) and then when you scroll down you can see the recent responses.

I also can't get past page 27.

Brad

Neil,

What I've done to get over this problem is hit the reply to thread button (even if you don't intend to reply) and then when you scroll down you can see the recent responses.

I also can't get past page 27.

Brad

Cheer for the tip Brad

a reply got the thread auto updated and last page accessible.

I am now running some test, so if you see the issue, post the thread here

With all due respect what are you doing exactly to fix the problem? The problem only to seems to get resolved when more posts are made. So again, how are you "helping" to resolve this glitch in the software.

With all due respect what are you doing exactly to fix the problem? The problem only to seems to get resolved when more posts are made. So again, how are you "helping" to resolve this glitch in the software.

I think that you're under the false impression that the software code cannot be seen nor changed.

The entire software code can be changed and manipulated as needed. Infact, a large amount of the features on this were not written by vbulletin, but rather by other coders or myself in some circumstances.

The problem here isn't fixing the bug, its finding it. Once its found, the fix is usually simple. But like i said, there's hundreds upon hundreds of lines of code that can affect what is actually happening.

At the moment, a handful of code has been removed to narrow the culprit down.

Thanks for the explanation but if you've removed code already and the problem keeps re-occurring, are you pursuing the correct solution?

Brad, we are not the only forum that this issue has plagued...so if he can pin it down it'll benefit quite a few folks. He's been going above and beyond to get this taken care of...so let's show a little love ^&cool

Thanks for the explanation but if you've removed code already and the problem keeps re-occurring, are you pursuing the correct solution?

Well ofcourse, thats what its all about. The problem MAY occur again, and if it does, thats good as it will knock out a few culprits. If it stops, then we know the list of possible culprits.

The challenge with this is doing this without affecting the users abilities/experience on the forum.

Its happened to me on the Historical discussion recently but, on that particular thread its resolved itself
Mitch

Anyone else seeing this behavior? I went to our ongoing thread to post about our newest acquistions:

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/fo...-Have-You-Acquired-in-The-Last-2-Weeks/page84

by navigating into the General Toy Soldier Discussion index, and clicking the icon on the thread title, to go to the first unread post. That took me to page 84, and I added some replies to posts others have made. When I saved my posts, I was returned to page 84 of the thread, but when I clicked the Next icon or clicked one of the subesquent page numbers, I remained on page 84.

I notice that there are now 2 deleted posts, and I wonder if they are causing the problem. I have seen similar behavior at FineScale Modeler's forum, under similar conditions (a thread with deleted posts, and we can't get to the last posts in the thread). I don't know that they're using the same webware to build their forum, of course, but they did say that there was an issue with their pages and Internet Explorer. I'm using IE9 and Win9 to access.

I can get to the last posts, via the main forum page showing all unread posts since my last visit.

Prost!
Brad

What is interesting is that I noticed that Al and Scott had this problem and I replied but my response wasn't recorded so it's more than just being able to navigate.

Calling Tester {eek3}

Here I am!

Sigh, I almost believed we indirectly fixed the issue there..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back