Check out NEW Bulge stuff! (7 Viewers)

Tullock, Jeff,
Kind of a rough start, I've seen it happen before, hope you'll stick around, always enjoy input from someone with great knowledge about this time in history and our hobby.
You must have some interest in the hobby side of this as your here. Frankly, some of the greatest jumps in quality and accuracy started with heated discussion like this, anyone remember the "Track Wars"?
Been kind of an ugly start, but I guarantee there are many folks who have not posted and some who have, who will be interested in your sharing of your knowledge, it has value and is very relevant.
Ray

It's also delivered objectively and dispassionately, devoid of words that can inflame.

fmethorst,
Congratulations on your fine research.To find a negative comment on a forum among thousands of positives must have taken an age!
Jeff

What research? I Googled your name like you suggested. I don't endorse the comments of those posters either positive or negative because I haven't studied any of your work.

A little humility is all that is required to get along nicely on this forum.

I'm curious. Do you collect toy soldiers?

Rob, even if I tried (and I mean really tried :p) I don't think I could help but acquire all of the new Bulge releases, given time of course (all except for maybe the motorcycle set). They just look that good! If there are no early retirments, I may have a legitimate shot at grabbing them all :D. How about you?

I'll go for the gun and Halftrack first Joe,then i'll visit Tony Neville at the London show and tell him how very very poor i am and i'm sure he'll say 'Rob,heres the rest of the releases free of charge'!!:eek::D;)

Rob

Last edited:
What research? I Googled your name like you suggested. I don't endorse the comments of those posters either positive or negative because I haven't studied any of your work.

A little humility is all that is required to get along nicely on this forum.

I'm curious. Do you collect toy soldiers?
Out of the hundreds of positives you chose a negative.A trifle selective don't you think?I am not a man to 'go with the flow'.If something's wrong I say so.How else can we gain full accuracy in this hobby.I bought the K & C King Tiger and I'm very pleased with it.And yes I do collect toy soldiers...tens of thousands of them.
Jeff

Out of the hundreds of positives you chose a negative.A trifle selective don't you think?I am not a man to 'go with the flow'.If something's wrong I say so.How else can we gain full accuracy in this hobby.I bought the K & C King Tiger and I'm very pleased with it.And yes I do collect toy soldiers...tens of thousands of them.
Jeff

For the love of god can we please now return to the subject of this thread.

Rob

Now i wonder what is going to look so cool with the 'two' new Halftracks?!

2009_0923IWM0001.jpg

2009_0923IWM0002.jpg

2009_0923IWM0003.jpg

2009_0923IWM0004.jpg

With four halftracks together I can see a 1950's TV War series... 'Halftrack Squad'! ;)

Rob

Now i wonder what is going to look so cool with the 'two' new Halftracks?!

2009_0923IWM0001.jpg

2009_0923IWM0002.jpg

2009_0923IWM0003.jpg

2009_0923IWM0004.jpg

With four halftracks together I can see a 1950's TV War series... 'Halftrack Squad'! ;)

Rob

I have those two Rob. They are really nice, they will go great with the new releases.

For the love of god can we please now return to the subject of this thread.

Rob

I love this post!

Rob calm down - take a deep breath.

:D

Ok back on the topic - i'd like one of the half tracks but it's not top of my priority list at the moment.
Landing Craft is next for me.

I love this post!

Rob calm down - take a deep breath.

:D

Ok back on the topic - i'd like one of the half tracks but it's not top of my priority list at the moment.
Landing Craft is next for me.

Deep breath....and i'm back in the room!;)

Hats off to you James,i think you've shown great restraint in not getting the LCA so far,can't have been easy!:D

Rob

A halftrack convoy? Hmmmmmmm, I LIKE that thought! Keep up those positive waves baby!

Gary

Carlos:

I know why-Gary has earned the respect of the Forum Members via constructive criticism delivered in a subtle and non offensive manner
over time. It is not always black & white with him too. But as always, I welcome all opinions keeping in mind that the format & tone they are delivered in does effect my attention span. That being said, when do you arrive in Chicago Carlos?

Hang Tough,
Marc

Hey Marc:

My plane touches down around 4:30pm tofay. When do you arrive?

Carlos

Jeff

I suppose; however, I get a little nervous when someone implies they have 100% of the information from events ~65 years ago and that the information is 100% accurate.

This is particularly true when I read comments from authors such as Jason D. Mark regarding source material.

Quote from the prologue of "Island of Fire: The Battle for the Barrikady Gun Factory in Stalingrad, November 1942 - February 1943".

"...The issue is rather more complicated when it comes to the German perspective. While on the surface it may seem easier to obtain information from Germany than noveau-capitalist Russia, several factors proved otherwise. Firstly, war diaries of German units lost at Stalingrad were either burnt in the days leading up to capitulation or else captured by the Red Army (today these German records languish in the elusive "Fond 500" in the Central Archive of the Ministry of Defense in Podolsk, safe under lock and key from further investigation). Vast swaths of German military records (regimental and below) were lost forever when British bombers levelled the archives in Berlin in February 1945. Fortunately records for divisions and above survive - albeit with gaping holes."

Considering the nature of the war from a German perspective during the last two years there were many cases of encirclement and destruction of units. It seems highly improbable to me that copies of all diaries and status reports could have been saved.

That said I think you can be a valuable contributor to this forum as you clearly demonstrate a wealth of knowledge and background (much with which I agree). I just think you have to learn make your point and then let it go. Many collectors couldn't give a tinkers cuss about the type of detail that interests you and me. There is no point in trying to correct "the error of their ways" since there is no right or wrong way to enjoy this hobby.

I apologize if I have offended anyone and for continuing to take this thread off course.

is this one of those Rembrandt versus Picasso thread?
anyway, the american bulge releases look nice, can see why a number got excited.:)

hi brad, i will definetly be in chicago and will absolutely be looking for trophy. i am going to try and join up with brian (deitz) on one of those days. hope to see you there.

I'll go for the gun and Halftrack first Joe,then i'll visit Tony Neville at the London show and tell him how very very poor i am and i'm sure he'll say 'Rob,heres the rest of the releases free of charge'!!:eek::D;)

Rob

I'm sure Mr. Neville will show mercy on your kind soul and grant you the rest of the series gratis along w/ all future additions to the line ;).

My first purchase of the forthcoming US lot will be the halftrack too. I'm all over that when it comes out along w/ the seated figures that go in the back.

Thanks for posting the pics of the scout car and half track. I really like the scout car, but unfortunately have yet to acquire one. I keep telling myself "the chase is better than the catch" :p.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back