Check out NEW Bulge stuff! (6 Viewers)

Interesting site. I throw this out just for the heck of it, but any serious historian that refuses to reveal his sources should be a red flag to his readers. A serious historian WANTS others to know where the info comes from to prove that he is a good researcher/writer. Anyone hiding his sources will always be open to question and doubt and any contribution he would make will be tainted. A serious historian is all about advancing knowledge in his chosen field, not about being the only one with the knowledge. -- lancer
That refuses to reveal his sources?Anybody hiding his sources will always be open to question? Powerful stuff but,I'm afraid,wrong.'Waffen SS Panzer Units in Normandy' is packed with sources.The present multi-volume series that I am working on has all the source info contained in the last volume.Anybody who has asked me personally for sources via email have recieved detailed replies.The same applies to the new multi-volume Normandy series.So be careful with the hiding sources routine.
Jeff

You know what guys,whatever the rights and wrongs of your argument I started this thread in appreciation of a fine product i really enjoy,so if you want to continue the argument would you mind going down to the Misc thread and lets get back to the excellent new Bulge releases.

So how many of you getting this stuff,any of you getting it all?.

Rob

Yes that will be refreshing to actually talk about the sets for 5 mins lol
ill be adding most of them in time as they all look great but 1st ive got to pick up a few of the older sets ive been after!!! Which isnt getting any easier with all the bulge & RAF stuff arriving now lol

Craig

Yes that will be refreshing to actually talk about the sets for 5 mins lol
ill be adding most of them in time as they all look great but 1st ive got to pick up a few of the older sets ive been after!!! Which isnt getting any easier with all the bulge & RAF stuff arriving now lol

Craig

I hear you Craig, Bulge,D Day,RAF and next year Arnhem,its difficult to keep up,but its fun trying!.

Rob

So this forum is exclusively for positive comments eh?
Jeff

No its absolutely not.But at the same time heated arguments that drift the thread away from the subject are not helpful either,you have made your point and raised questions.But it would also be nice to talk about the product,no offence intended tullock.

Rob

Are you still going on? everyone is entitled to there opinion but this has now gotten nothing to do with the thread Rob started!!!

Craig

Thanks Craig.I can imagine some of the expert dio makers on here will have a field day with the new gun in some snowy scenes.

Rob

So this forum is exclusively for positive comments eh?
Jeff

This Forum is open to all kinds of comments but it seems that you have had your say, K & C has had theirs and I'm not sure what there is to be gained as prolonging the back and forth.

Thanks Craig.I can imagine some of the expert dio makers on here will have a field day with the new gun in some snowy scenes.

Rob

definitely the gun will be a great addition :) one question though can it be closed up & toed behind the halftrack? I haven't seen a photo to show this?

Craig

definitely the gun will be a great addition :) one question though can it be closed up & toed behind the halftrack? I haven't seen a photo to show this?

Craig

I understand from an earlier post that yes it can,i was wondering if the previous US Tractor could tow it too?.

Rob

ROB

I have ordered all the German and hope to order all the new American temptingly highlighted on the forum,except for the motorbike,great models in my opinion,great addition to my collection.

ROB

I have ordered all the German and hope to order all the new American temptingly highlighted on the forum,except for the motorbike,great models in my opinion,great addition to my collection.

I'd like to get the motorbike too,i know its a different theatre but i bet he'd look cool alongside my D Day version.But for me the gun and Halftrack are must haves.

Rob

I understand from an earlier post that yes it can,i was wondering if the previous US Tractor could tow it too?.

Rob

Thanks Rob i think ill have to buy 2 now lol 1 for the halftrack & 1 to set up to be firred

Craig

ROB

thats 2 of you now who dont want the harley!!! I absolutely love it i think its a nice touch for a cross roads scene

Craig

Rob ,im with you on that the half tracks look excellent,ultimately im looking to make a large dio,once i have all the pieces in place,the Bulge series is one of my favourites ,the new German Grenadiers look great and the Funky looks fab.

Rob ,im with you on that the half tracks look excellent,ultimately im looking to make a large dio,once i have all the pieces in place,the Bulge series is one of my favourites ,the new German Grenadiers look great and the Funky looks fab.

Absolutely,throw in the White armoured car and SL Sherman and we have the making of a great scene.

The Radio van is a great looking model,superb weathering on it.

Rob

That refuses to reveal his sources?Anybody hiding his sources will always be open to question? Powerful stuff but,I'm afraid,wrong.'Waffen SS Panzer Units in Normandy' is packed with sources.The present multi-volume series that I am working on has all the source info contained in the last volume.Anybody who has asked me personally for sources via email have recieved detailed replies.The same applies to the new multi-volume Normandy series.So be careful with the hiding sources routine.
Jeff
My statement was not aimed at anyone in particular and how do you figure it is wrong? It is a paraphrase of a conversation with a historian from my college days and I don't see how it is incorrect in anyway. A historian who is writing on a given subject, states facts and draws conclusions must have the source material to back up his writing if he is to be taken seriously. Seems pretty basic to me. -- lancer

Tullock,as Rob said this is a thread to discuss K&C American Bulge range,if you have nothing new to say on the subject,then do one,your so called data has been discussed and noted by some.Rob dont let Tullock hijack your great thread,im still in,bonnie lad.

GENTLEMAN,

What a discussion about nothing. I you want to nittpick and go for historic accuracy built the models yourself. But there will always be someone who do a rivit count or a colour match, presto your model isn't accurate anymore, so tells the guy and he is reffering to a vague multicopy photo on the internet. All your work gone in a jiffy. No it is not! Nobody knows exactly what was and what went on, we are as good as we exactly and nearly can be.

I have been in the military service and heck even our uniforms wheren't the same allthough they where standard issue. After receiving them, we traded with other units or bought if neccesary our own stuf in armydumps. And you known everything was a differnt kind of green! There wasn't even a war going on so no shortages of paint (every week a new paint job)!

I like do collect K&C and even if it isn't that accurate (so I'm told) I enjoy it because it brings these episodes in history to life for me. I can by looking and enjoying the figures get a picture of it. I also build models mostly shermans, some OOB and some with all he extras like PE and resin. I allways wrestle with the green but that is also the fun part. In the end if I like it, I did a good job. So I think as a producer Andy and K&C do a good job because I as many others like the figures. Knowing the difficulty in making productions choices, it is a hell of a good job!

It is nog easy beeing green:D:D:D:D

Richard

Yippie,

Thats the thing. I like them, my bonus is already spend on tem and the napoliontics have to come while i'm was lured into the RAF thing.

Will it ever end:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back