Check out NEW Bulge stuff! (4 Viewers)

I don't expect 100% accuracy from a company like KC that produces so much product - that would be an impossible standard, but it is not a very compelling defense that it "could be so" unless someone here disproves that not even one german vehicle in the entire war could match the KC version. That is like contending Bigfoot exists because we haven't looked behind every tree.

There are plenty of more egregious examples of KC mistakes than the ones noted here. Not every collector may care, but it is frustrating for those of us who do to see the more obvious mistakes repeated time and again. It gives the impression of lazy research or a belief that most collectors won't notice. Five minutes of Internet research would have resolved most of the mistakes that concern me. Not exactly a pedantic rivet counting standard. (Yes, I know I am wasting my breath on a subject that has been beat to death many times). Before we cue up the "don't buy it if you don't like it" truisms again - let me say there are many, many KC products that I have bought. They are a great company - albeit a bit grumpy. Just stop giving us sets like a $160 Hitler set in which he is reading a WWI map written in English. ;)

I was so pleased to see an artillery piece from K&C,I have Pack Howitzers and mobile guns,but this is good old fashioned backbone artillery,its going to help bring the Germans advance in the Bulge to a halt;)

Rob

I was so pleased to see an artillery piece from K&C,I have Pack Howitzers and mobile guns,but this is good old fashioned backbone artillery,its going to help bring the Germans advance in the Bulge to a halt;)

Rob

along with the self propelled 155 mm gun and the Horns of the Red Bull, the 105 mm howitzer gives us some good choices in rear area scenarios. The extra gun crew which can be added to make a full compliment should a collector wish to do so, is an excellent idea that i have seen voiced on this Forum several times. See - they do listen to us. :)

Terry

along with the self propelled 155 mm gun and the Horns of the Red Bull, the 105 mm howitzer gives us some good choices in rear area scenarios. The extra gun crew which can be added to make a full compliment should a collector wish to do so, is an excellent idea that i have seen voiced on this Forum several times. See - they do listen to us. :)

Terry

Well i sure will be adding the full crew;)

Rob

Rob,if i wanted to buy 2 of the new halftracks,is there a way to alter the vehicle ID number,so i can have different halftracks in my dio? ken

Rob,if i wanted to buy 2 of the new halftracks,is there a way to alter the vehicle ID number,so i can have different halftracks in my dio? ken

Ken,i'm sure it would be possible to do this,perhaps some of the expert modellers on here can give us an idea.Its a good idea and one i'd like to have a go at,as i'd like one Halftrack with cover and the other with passengers.

Rob

So this forum is exclusively for positive comments eh?
Jeff

**** right!! only positive comments here, seriously, if you have a gripe with Andy and co. email him he has always responded to my emails, no need to prove your wealth of knowledge to me dude, and yea I will say it again.. if you don't like the colors, uniforms, markings, whatever, don't buy it, but let us collectors enjoy our hobby, if I need to know what color a certain tank was in 1944 on the second week of december I'll call ya....Sammy

Someone said Constructive criticsm, Is beneficial. And Almost all in this forum, can say there has been a fair amount of that. so as far as "Only positive comments, are allowed in this forum". That has never been true.
But us as forum members, we have to have code. Do not bellitle, someone that has a different opinion than us.
And please do not belittle, any manufacturer. especially someone that has given to this hobby, as much as Andy has. Because if you ever met the man. You will know the Love that he has for this hobby. If you met him, He will answer any Question, And to the point. And He will tell you straight. And at most times with excitement in his voice. The Man, is like us. A hidden 9 year old, that is excited about all the possibilities, Of the "TOYS" he has. And what could be made to enhance it.
And if ever there was a mistake, and I do mean IF. As one of the forum members quotes. then do not buy it. or just live with it. Nothing is forced.

And now for the question of decals/ markings. flames of war, has decals that might work for you. Just paint over the markings, And apply the decal. and coat it with testors dull coat.

Sorry Brad, I am really looking forward to these releases, A halftrack that I been dreaming off, An artillery piece, That looks great. The November and December releases. Will definitely be making a dent on My wallet. BUT, as they Say, laugh it off. HO_ HO_HO(sorry can not resist):D

Very easy - you have two choices 1) do the change yourself or 2) pay someone a couple bucks to do it for you. I'm not as familiar with the Flames of War decals - I have only bought their 1/100 scale wargames miniatures and those markings would be way too small. US registration numbers (the serial number on the side of the hood) and unit codes (the sequenced numbers on the bumper that identify the unit and the vehicle's place in it) are available in decals or in dry transfer form. The actual "trick" is in the careful removal of the old numbers.

Change numbers, vary the stowage and/or figures and you can have a whole bunch of halftracks! I'm sure Andy will sell you as many as you need :)

Gary B.

**** right!! only positive comments here, seriously, if you have a gripe with Andy and co. email him he has always responded to my emails, no need to prove your wealth of knowledge to me dude, and yea I will say it again.. if you don't like the colors, uniforms, markings, whatever, don't buy it, but let us collectors enjoy our hobby, if I need to know what color a certain tank was in 1944 on the second week of december I'll call ya....Sammy

The gentleman was basically just trying to point out some inaccuracies - there's no reason to continue. As a researcher I guess I identify with him somewhat, I've just learned to cut Andy more slack as he is an artist and likes to add his interpretation to his subjects. I hate to see the forum chase off a valuable resource who has an interest in the "toy soldier" side of things.

Gary B.

Wow, quite a thread-kinda glad I came in after the grenades have been tossed ;)
As a Bulge era collector, I'm thrilled to see all the new additions hitting the market. I tend to collect by the motto "if ya don't like it, don't buy it", someone else usually will...

You know what guys,whatever the rights and wrongs of your argument I started this thread in appreciation of a fine product i really enjoy,so if you want to continue the argument would you mind going down to the Misc thread and lets get back to the excellent new Bulge releases.

So how many of you getting this stuff,any of you getting it all?.

Rob

Rob, even if I tried (and I mean really tried :p) I don't think I could help but acquire all of the new Bulge releases, given time of course (all except for maybe the motorcycle set). They just look that good! If there are no early retirments, I may have a legitimate shot at grabbing them all :D. How about you?

i can't believe i red this whole thread. WOW, I HAVE BEEN TO ARNHEM ON THE ANNIVERASY OF THE BATTLE TWICE AND HAVE TALKED TO NUMEROUS VETERNS AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD MANY TIMES THAT THERE WERE GREY VEHICLES THER. AS FOR THE CURRENT RELEASES ITHINK THEY ARE FABULOUS. ESPECIALLY THE RADIO TRUCK. THANKS KC. NOW ALL WE NEED IS A JAGDTIGER OR A JS 152. I HOPE TO SEE A FEW OF YOU AT THE TREEFROG KC DINNER ON FRIDAY

i can't believe i red this whole thread. WOW, I HAVE BEEN TO ARNHEM ON THE ANNIVERASY OF THE BATTLE TWICE AND HAVE TALKED TO NUMEROUS VETERNS AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD MANY TIMES THAT THERE WERE GREY VEHICLES THER. AS FOR THE CURRENT RELEASES ITHINK THEY ARE FABULOUS. ESPECIALLY THE RADIO TRUCK. THANKS KC. NOW ALL WE NEED IS A JAGDTIGER OR A JS 152. I HOPE TO SEE A FEW OF YOU AT THE TREEFROG KC DINNER ON FRIDAY

Are you going to be there Thursday? I assume you'll be lookin' for Trophy :)

The gentleman was basically just trying to point out some inaccuracies - there's no reason to continue. As a researcher I guess I identify with him somewhat, I've just learned to cut Andy more slack as he is an artist and likes to add his interpretation to his subjects. I hate to see the forum chase off a valuable resource who has an interest in the "toy soldier" side of things.

Gary B.

Gary:

You might be right but why does it seem more constructive when it comes from you instead?

Carlos

Gary:

You might be right but why does it seem more constructive when it comes from you instead?

Carlos

Carlos:

I know why-Gary has earned the respect of the Forum Members via constructive criticism delivered in a subtle and non offensive manner
over time. It is not always black & white with him too. But as always, I welcome all opinions keeping in mind that the format & tone they are delivered in does effect my attention span. That being said, when do you arrive in Chicago Carlos?

Hang Tough,
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back