Chicago Toy Soldier Show 2021 - Treefrog Perspective.... (2 Viewers)

Julie

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys!
A bit slow to the game, but everything takes just a bit longer when you only have 2 setting up instead of 3! Missing Tom this year - that's for sure.....:)
PS - Aron had to set up the Viking Ship with all the figures, oars and sail rigging with just my help! Missing Tom's steady hands once again.....;)

But I finally had a chance to upload a video walk-thru of our room with my running commentary and then some customers who came in before I was done! Oh well, it's all part of the experience....

Haven't had a chance to wander around much, but have added some photos to our Facebook page in a CTSS Album.
Click here to browse: (4) Facebook

It's been nice to see people in person again, even if it takes a bit longer to recognize people with their faces half-covered!

Julie

Julie...
pretty big display even without Tom's help...
your guys didn't get time to throw a quick paint job on the Viking long boat and figures prototype?
^&grin...^&grin...^&grin

Mike,

HA! We didn't even open that box until we were ready to set it up.....with the rigging instructions from JJD in hand.
Took a pic of what it looked like in the box before touching....Someone's gotta pack it up at the end of the weekend! Rock - paper - scissors - NOT IT!

Changed up a few displays so the figures were higher, if only the hotel would have kept the taller center table in these suites....then there'd be a lot less bending down to look at stuff.

Julie

Enormous amount of stock on display, almost a one man show, I mean a one woman show{sm4}.What an effort to arrange all this, hopefully a lot less to pack up after Sunday {sm4}, Robin.

Awesome display room Julie/Treefrog!!! Wishing everyone a good time! I'd love to get back to Chicago one more time!!

Mike,

HA! We didn't even open that box until we were ready to set it up.....with the rigging instructions from JJD in hand.
Took a pic of what it looked like in the box before touching....Someone's gotta pack it up at the end of the weekend! Rock - paper - scissors - NOT IT!

Changed up a few displays so the figures were higher, if only the hotel would have kept the taller center table in these suites....then there'd be a lot less bending down to look at stuff.

Julie

Julie...
the rigging looks fine to me...
good thing he provided instructions...
I will need those when mine arrives...
is this one of those sets where John gives us a pair of tweezers?....aaaaaaaargh!....:rolleyes2:
I'm too clumsy for this delicate work...
if time permits...please post the pic you took of it in the box...
I need to get my courage up for this...

Thanks from across the POND, saw the 'Welcome to the frog' sign and LEAPED right in, i was RIBBETed to the video, as i was PONDering when someone would SPAWN a video, as i was a TAD apprehensive there would be some news, thanks for not FROGetting.

Stay safe

Hey guys!
A bit slow to the game, but everything takes just a bit longer when you only have 2 setting up instead of 3! Missing Tom this year - that's for sure.....:)
PS - Aron had to set up the Viking Ship with all the figures, oars and sail rigging with just my help! Missing Tom's steady hands once again.....;)

But I finally had a chance to upload a video walk-thru of our room with my running commentary and then some customers who came in before I was done! Oh well, it's all part of the experience....

Haven't had a chance to wander around much, but have added some photos to our Facebook page in a CTSS Album.
Click here to browse: (4) Facebook

It's been nice to see people in person again, even if it takes a bit longer to recognize people with their faces half-covered!

Julie

Thanks for the kind words! I am sorry I am not there too! But will be back next year, tell Aron not to get too comfy or good at my job!!!!

Have a great show!
Tom

Julie,
Thanks for the video clip. Amazing how much you have on display and the time it must take to set up and then set up again for the show itself.
Hope you and all the others traders have a great show and that attendees have a great experience. Plenty of variety now that's for sure.
Can relate to your comment about mask wearers and not being able to recognise people so quickly.
Thanks.
Brett

Thank you kindly for the photos on Facebook Julie. The JJD items look great. Robin.

Awesome looking room display as always in the past. Thank you very much for sharing your photos with us. I especially appreciated the peek at the Viking boat. Really looking forward to its arrival. Have a great show.
Mike

Julie...
the rigging looks fine to me...
good thing he provided instructions...
I will need those when mine arrives...
is this one of those sets where John gives us a pair of tweezers?....aaaaaaaargh!....:rolleyes2:
I'm too clumsy for this delicate work...
if time permits...please post the pic you took of it in the box...
I need to get my courage up for this...

Dad left the modeling to his bro and I left it to my friends when they wre willing to trade for something;
So we totally agree. The less delicate work the better!
Nevertheless, that's one cool Ship!
Paddy

From the bottom of the South Pacific and on behalf of us Kiwi's (and a few Aussies) ^&grin I'd just like to thank Julie and the TF team for taking the time to share your video clip. :salute::

I'm hoping we can can get a update on the show?? Not much discussion?? I'm wondering if Covid-19, restrictions etc. had a impact on crowd sizes?, room trading? The Sunday show itself??.

i'm hoping we can can get a update on the show?? Not much discussion?? I'm wondering if covid-19, restrictions etc. Had a impact on crowd sizes?, room trading? The sunday show itself??.
i was there each day. Of course it was slower than in the past but most everybody i talked to thought things turned out better than they thought they would. I know i found some good bargins
as well as some cool stuff i found. I got my first elastolin sets from peter nussbaum, i probably own all the little legion brunswick avant garde in gray thanks too matt murphy and a couple from tedtoy.
I even found some nice trophy sets from lord tankersly. And thanks to mischa at sierra i started my ww2 polish cavalry line. I got great deals on kc's sp045 and 47 french buildings and found some great knight for my marx miniatures set. So overall there was alot of variety. Thanks to all the dealers that showed and kept this great show going and hopefully this is a bridge to a more normal show in 2022. Thanks to the ostn team also.

i was there each day. Of course it was slower than in the past but most everybody i talked to thought things turned out better than they thought they would. I know i found some good bargins
as well as some cool stuff i found. I got my first elastolin sets from peter nussbaum, i probably own all the little legion brunswick avant garde in gray thanks too matt murphy and a couple from tedtoy.
I even found some nice trophy sets from lord tankersly. And thanks to mischa at sierra i started my ww2 polish cavalry line. I got great deals on kc's sp045 and 47 french buildings and found some great knight for my marx miniatures set. So overall there was alot of variety. Thanks to all the dealers that showed and kept this great show going and hopefully this is a bridge to a more normal show in 2022. Thanks to the ostn team also.

Thanks for your comments on the show, sounds like a good show all be it with lower turnout understandably, hopefully 2022 will be a even better, I'm going to do my best to make it next year.

I'm going to do my best to make it next year.

Oh Lord, not this again...................^&grin

Just busting your chops there Sammy, it was great to see you finally get to the show several years ago, the same one Mike Miller got to if I am not mistaken.......................boy that was a great show......................yup, several years ago, a great show.

That's great Greg, thanks for your show report, we are all grateful you took the time to give us an update, thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back