Connoisseur Figures (1 Viewer)

Hey Guys,
I picked this piece up from Thor and I was surprised to see it. It is Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery from the XX series Arsenyev did of the WWII commanders back in 2002. I have not seen any of these(especially Monty) for a while or ever. The casting on this piece is simple but superb (in my opinion) and I love the way the face is painted. The piercing blue eyes Monty's wife mentioned!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JW

I've posted pictures of this figure before but these are a couple new ones.

Russian Vityaz PB704

2010_12_2_DSC_0014_small.jpg

2010_12_2_DSC_0016_small.jpg

I've posted pictures of this figure before but these are a couple new ones.

Russian Vityaz PB704

2010_12_2_DSC_0014_small.jpg

2010_12_2_DSC_0016_small.jpg

When I see figures like this one I feel like we have crossed the toy line: it really is an art piece that we are talking about, something like Van Gogh or Rembrandt...:rolleyes:. Thanks for posting.

Paulo

A rare Aeroart WWII personality (Von Kleist) is on ebay this week. Haven't seen these in years. Not sure if Thor has a new batch or is reselling for a customer.

Attachments

• !B-3fNtwBGk~$(KGrHqR,!lsEy+jCw6G3BM98gWk2S!~~0_12.jpg
    !B-3fNtwBGk~$(KGrHqR,!lsEy+jCw6G3BM98gWk2S!~~0_12.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 373
Combat,
I made a similar comment below and included the photo of the Monty piece I recently purchased. Check it out. The von Keist piece looks like the new painted Aeroart stuff, the Monty I picked up looks like the older style, although there is not Arsenyev markings underneath.
JW
A rare Aeroart WWII personality (Von Kleist) is on ebay this week. Haven't seen these in years. Not sure if Thor has a new batch or is reselling for a customer.

Combat,
Would it be possible for you to post a photos of Monty. I can bearly see him to the right. He looks great and i purchased the same painted figure from Thor a couple of weeks ago. I have not seen the XX stuff around for awhile. Your "big Three" complete eclipse those pictured below, no comparison.
JW
These are the Aeroart "big three" figures:

ToySol4-28-08077.jpg

I had that set Igor posted. I think they were around 90mm. Wonderful set. I regret selling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back