Connoisseur Figures (2 Viewers)

Combat,
Would it be possible for you to post a photos of Monty. I can bearly see him to the right. He looks great and i purchased the same painted figure from Thor a couple of weeks ago. I have not seen the XX stuff around for awhile. Your "big Three" complete eclipse those pictured below, no comparison.
JW

Monty and company:

Picture049.jpg

Some others:
Picture050.jpg

I had never seen the Monty before its absolutely stunning
Mitch

I had that set Igor posted. I think they were around 90mm. Wonderful set. I regret selling it.
You're right
Set that I showed is 90 mm The idea Zemskov studio was great
Set which was selling by AA was 54 mm
The second set was made by studio Arseniev much later

sort of looks like a split skull under his foot there?? :D

Believe it or not I thought the same thing . I really like this figure and it may end up being my next Aeroart purchase . I'm just wondering if the price is gonna be $154.99 or are they just using ebay to cash in on the gotta be first crowd :confused: Well I'll just wait to see if the WWI line ever makes it to their collection . Regards Gebhard

I could see paying $155 for some very exquisite ancients or knights but nothing from the 17th century onward- that's just tooooo much. The uniforms were rather utilitarian by then so there isn't the level of detail like a Roman Aquilifer, knight, etc.

Believe it or not I thought the same thing . I really like this figure and it may end up being my next Aeroart purchase . I'm just wondering if the price is gonna be $154.99 or are they just using ebay to cash in on the gotta be first crowd :confused: Well I'll just wait to see if the WWI line ever makes it to their collection . Regards Gebhard

I wouldn't hold your breath. The WWI and II figures are fairly rare and have never been a part of the regular AA collection. Get them while you can if you want them. Even so, you will rarely find an Aeroart figure listed for less than $115-125.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The WWI and II figures are fairly rare and have never been a part of the regular AA collection. Get them while you can if you want them. Even so, you will rarely find an Aeroart figure listed for less than $115-125.

There are still some to be found in the $100 range, though I fear those days are going away

Combat,
I made a similar comment below and included the photo of the Monty piece I recently purchased. Check it out. The von Keist piece looks like the new painted Aeroart stuff, the Monty I picked up looks like the older style, although there is not Arsenyev markings underneath.
JW

Arsenyev does not make figure to AA more
All figures makes another company , also very well known in the world.
All artists live and work in St- Petersburg

I know Thor cannot get the Arsenyev pieces anymore, BUT that still is an Arsenyev sculpt. Thor most own the rights to it?
JW

What is the story with the Kolobob website? It hasn't been updated in nearly 3 years and before that a couple of years. They have some great stuff, but at those prices it would be nice if they updated the website.

I hear ya, he has some beautiful stuff. His Ebay auctions are not updated either, i cannot get many of the photos to download. I have gotten a handful of stuff from him, all beautiful, but the risk of damage is much higher. I had one figure that was damaged pretty bad.
JW

He was tired to sell soldiers
Now he basically is engaged in other business

Isn't that company "Russian Vityaz?" Or has Arsenyev moved on?

Arseniev (with his studio) is doing the order of the Russian government

Arseniev (with his studio) is doing the order of the Russian government

If that means his work is no longer available to us, that's a loss. I assume its a good thing for Arseniev, and I wish him luck!

Thanks, Igor.

The finest pieces in my collection are from Arsenyev studios, absolutely no doubt about it. I am glad i bought when I could. A shame he is no longer producing figures(if that is indeed the case). I met him once at the Chicago show. Interesting guy.
JW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back