Connoisseur Figures (1 Viewer)

Thanks, Guys. I count myself very fortunate to have this piece.

I agree that the standard bearers are the cream of St.Pete's line.

that is amazing.

but... this type of figure is where I get critical of the accuracy. On the other hand, accuracy isn't always the driving factor when buying these.

Again dilemma "price versus quality"
Semi-collector quality:
83128918710a.jpg

Collector quality:
e516000aad57.jpg
bc0a7806131e.jpg
35e2f55d4cae.jpg

I agree, Gideon, both versions very nice - though the Collector Quality is a knockoput!

I must say I am constantly confused by the various Russian figure grading systems and how they relate. For example, is collector quality a 9-10 or an 7-8 and is semi collector quality a 7-8 or a 5-6?

In any event, both of these are very nice and the collector quality is clearly superior. It would have been a more interesting comparison without the helm on the first figure but the conclusion would certainly be the same. Then of course there is the difference in price.;)

I estimate these figures on level 4 and 7-8 accordingly
Now we fulfill technology for reception of level 5-6 (style FL)
Accordingly the prices also will be intermediate
All specified levels (from 2 to 9) will be accessible in our company

I must say I am constantly confused by the various Russian figure grading systems and how they relate. For example, is collector quality a 9-10 or an 7-8 and is semi collector quality a 7-8 or a 5-6?

In any event, both of these are very nice and the collector quality is clearly superior. It would have been a more interesting comparison without the helm on the first figure but the conclusion would certainly be the same. Then of course there is the difference in price.;)

It's like a French Restaurant. Just order from the the left side, and pay no attention to the price! :)

I think each "house" has its own numbering or quality desigantion system, and they all do not necessarily agree - it's not "standard". So, you need to be aware of who you're dealing with. All part of the fun, if you ask me!

I think those kind of figures I would only buy at shows.

Alex

A good idea! I do most of my buying "in person." Thre are plenty of these figures at the major shows.

Though, I have ordered many by mail from St Pete/Thor and never had a problem.

When I watch on TV the World championship on gymnastics I not always understand why one sportsman have more points than another:confused:

When I watch on TV the World championship on gymnastics I not always understand why one sportsman have more points than another:confused:

Hi Igor ,
A very good point ;) Its like anything else in life from Art appraisers to judges at just about every event that is judged Gymnastics , Dog Shows , Body Building , ect ect... to the average person its hard to have a well informed observation at that level . We just know what we like best which is not always the best according to the experts . That's why its better left to the more qualified persons who live these events everyday and are around such things for many years and are therefore IMO in a much better position to Judge such things .

The best thing for me about attending shows is that there are never two figures that are painted exactly alike i will always ask to see all the figures the dealer has with them of the same sculpt , usually around two or three and pick the one that appeals to me the most . Of course this goes only for figures at the connoisseur level , the mass produced ones i am more concerned about damage hidden by the box :eek: . All the best Gebhard

Hi Igor ,
.....The best thing for me about attending shows is that there are never two figures that are painted exactly alike i will always ask to see all the figures the dealer has with them of the same sculpt , usually around two or three and pick the one that appeals to me the most . Of course this goes only for figures at the connoisseur level , the mass produced ones i am more concerned about damage hidden by the box :eek: . All the best Gebhard
I like that too and George, who has just about everything I would want, is really great about putting them out so you can easily pick your favorite.

The best thing for me about attending shows is that there are never two figures that are painted exactly alike i will always ask to see all the figures the dealer has with them of the same sculpt , usually around two or three and pick the one that appeals to me the most . Of course this goes only for figures at the connoisseur level , the mass produced ones i am more concerned about damage hidden by the box :eek: . All the best Gebhard

Other variant
... to become the dealer,.... to receive some figures,
...to choose the best to itself... and the others to sell ;)

Other variant
... to become the dealer,.... to receive some figures,
...to choose the best to itself... and the others to sell ;)

That's an interesting thought :) But I think it would be like an Alcoholic owning a Bar , But instead of drinking the profits I'd be putting them on my shelf . Best Regards Gebhard

That's an interesting thought :) But I think it would be like an Alcoholic owning a Bar , But instead of drinking the profits I'd be putting them on my shelf . Best Regards Gebhard

Drinking the profits is better:)
but can also be put on the shelf

Yours sincerely Igor

Hi Everyone:

I am a long time lurker but really have not posted before.
I have collected St Petersburg ever since my senior year in highschool when I first saw some figures at a toy soldier show and was amazed. I started just buying one a year at the Hackensack show but have now started a modest collection of about 50 pieces.

I had a few questions:

1. Is there a thread on how to post pictures on the forum so I could show what I have?
2. Is there any interest on the forum for trading S Pet pieces - (unfort I cant really afford to purchase any right now but would still like to see if maybe I could get something new)?
3. Alternatively is there any interest on purchasing some of my collection- if so would I post here or on the for sale thread?

Thanks

AJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back