Connoisseur Figures (1 Viewer)

Gideon-

from what I know-Grendad- that is a Grenada stamp- also, they have the square clipped bases (ie- doesn't form a perfect square) whereas Aeroart has the straight, rectangluar bases.

Andrea Custer figure - yes I know some don't consider these kits "connoisseur" but they sure are nice to look at:

Attachments

• S8-F52-01.jpg
    S8-F52-01.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 244
Andrea Custer figure - yes I know some don't consider these kits "connoisseur" but they sure are nice to look at:
Looks connoisseur style to me mate. Of course, the end result will depend on the painter but certainly it would seem to have that potential. I would say the horse is brilliant, better than many connoisseur releases; it all starts with the sculpting.:cool:

Looks connoisseur style to me mate. Of course, the end result will depend on the painter but certainly it would seem to have that potential. I would say the horse is brilliant, better than many connoisseur releases; it all starts with the sculpting.:cool:

Agreed 100%

As an aside, in this month's Smithsonian mag, there is a writeup on Little Big Horn.

Its beautiful piece to be sure , and can be yours painted for 964.51 Euros ;) Quick question has anyone ever ordered the built and painted kits offered direct from Andrea ?? I have been tempted over the years but never pulled the trigger . Thanks in advance Gebhard

Gideon-

from what I know-Grendad- that is a Grenada stamp- also, they have the square clipped bases (ie- doesn't form a perfect square) whereas Aeroart has the straight, rectangluar bases.

Actually, that monk is from Areoart. As is the crossbowman with the pavise.

Its beautiful piece to be sure , and can be yours painted for 964.51 Euros ;) Quick question has anyone ever ordered the built and painted kits offered direct from Andrea ?? I have been tempted over the years but never pulled the trigger . Thanks in advance Gebhard

There are no two identical pieces
The advertisement presents works by the best artist

My experience was terrible. The painting didn't match the picture in the ad in colors used or quality. Pictures of the finished figure were not offered prior to shipping. Packaging was unprofessional and resulted in damage and worst of all, customer service was non existent.

My experience was terrible. The painting didn't match the picture in the ad in colors used or quality. Pictures of the finished figure were not offered prior to shipping. Packaging was unprofessional and resulted in damage and worst of all, customer service was non existent.

Man- that is terrible news Frank- thanks for letting us know as I have kicked around having them do some work for me. Sorry to hear that.

Actually, that monk is from Areoart. As is the crossbowman with the pavise.

Shows what I don't know

the more I think about it, I had a Crusader from St. Pete who had the tapered corners. I think they have moved away from that lately however. The marking on the underside did appear like Grenadas.

More than 10 companies are working legally in St. Petersburg
Individual artists even more

The CAPITAL of Tin Soldiers

Good thing with Igor contributing to the site and, attending shows we have visual confirmation and a point of contact ensuring you get what you have seen and paid for. I think that takes away some of the horror stories some have posted.
Mitch

More than 10 companies are working legally in St. Petersburg
Individual artists even more

The CAPITAL of Tin Soldiers

Actually for the first time I have sent 2 sets of flats to an artist in St. Petersburg for painting, can't wait to see the results.
Ray

Thanks for the valuable info you may have just saved me a big heartbreak . Their website was very vague I just had a bad feeling about it . Thanks again Gebhard

yep, its still just a cryin shame no-one will make wwII and wwI Germans (at reasonable price)

German Crown Prince Wilhelm from Aeroart:

Attachments

• 6248Main.jpg
    6248Main.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 6248-4.jpg
    6248-4.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 190
Actually for the first time I have sent 2 sets of flats to an artist in St. Petersburg for painting, can't wait to see the results.
Ray

Ray, hope you'll post a few pics here. I have some Russian-painted flats and have always regarded them as among my favorites. Got mine here in the states at various shows.

Connoisseur to me depends who paints it. If done by a Master
Painter and signed
it is connoisseur. This Custer figure is on order
for me. Hopefully, he'll start it in January. Right now he's almost
finished [75%] with my current commision, which is Andreas
Officer, Chasseurs of the Imperial Guard.
ANDS8F43.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back